Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-18-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Going to go pick up Fallout 3 first thing tomorrow morning.
Changed my mind, picking up Resistance Dos.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted may be the greatest looking game I've ever played...it's just fantastic. Breath-taking at times even. Excellent, excellent, excellent game and a must buy for any PS3 owner. WOW.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Uncharted may be the greatest looking game I've ever played...it's just fantastic. Breath-taking at times even. Excellent, excellent, excellent game and a must buy for any PS3 owner. WOW.
The thing I really like about it is that it has the feel like you are watching a movie, but you also get to interact on a very enjoyable level. It's like a perfect combination of movie/video game.

Also, to anyone who has it, in Resistance 2 can you do co-op campaign? I can't remember if you could in 1 (I think so?) but it would be great if you can in 2 since I'll most likely be getting it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure you can...the first one has co-op campaign so, I doubt they scrapped it. Of course, it is offline co-op, though...not sure if they have online. I prefer offline anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-20-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've heard, there is online co-op for R2, but the missions are not from the original story off-line, but rather take place in-between the story line.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo, is it true that you can't connect the PS3 to the web with a Wifi connection?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Yo, is it true that you can't connect the PS3 to the web with a Wifi connection?
yes, its already built in the PS3. I think its built in the 60's and 80's, not sure.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
yes, its already built in the PS3. I think its built in the 60's and 80's, not sure.
I don't understand what you mean, sorry. lol, care to explain?
Old 12-20-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean, sorry. lol, care to explain?
The 60GB PS3 will go wifi, but I'm not sure on the others, I think the 80GB system can. I know the 20GB system can't and I think the 40GB system can't as well.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Quote:
The 60GB PS3 will go wifi, but I'm not sure on the others, I think the 80GB system can. I know the 20GB system can't and I think the 40GB system can't as well.
Thanks man, +rep

edit:for some reason it says I've already given to you, whenever I can I will
Old 12-20-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Thanks man, +rep

edit:for some reason it says I've already given to you, whenever I can I will
its ok, you don't have to.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey dudes, I got a quick question. I just bought CODWAW today and me and my friend were playin some co-op and we couldnt save the game, but it saves fine on single player. Is the game made like that or did I get a faulty copy? Single player saves fine but Co-Op doesnt save at all. Anyone? Thanks.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a 40GB PS3 and wifi works with it.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

the new Shaun White snowboarding game has some SICK graphics! lol
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm looking to buy another game this week...might just wait till next week and see what Little Big Planet is all about.

So far I have....

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune- brilliant graphics, fun story, and great game play. I absolutely love it.

Resistance: I've only played for about 2 hours total but, it's also a great game. Graphics are good, not great but, of course it was a launch title. But again, it was another great buy, in my book.

NFL Head Coach 09: It only cost $10 at walmart...it's pretty bad. The sim doesnt look pretty and it's a broken simulation. Players are unresponsive, schemes are awful/unrealistic (Packers run 5 wide every damn play), trade set up is annoying, the computer dictates everything...and the big one, garbage AI, terrible, terrible, terrible.

I'm looking to keep all my sports titles and multi console games to my 360. So, I'm basically looking exclusively at PS3 exclusives at the moment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-22-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much got NFL Head Coach '09 for free. The limited edition bundle was priced the same as the Madden single game. Weird.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm looking to buy another game this week...might just wait till next week and see what Little Big Planet is all about.

So far I have....

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune- brilliant graphics, fun story, and great game play. I absolutely love it.

Resistance: I've only played for about 2 hours total but, it's also a great game. Graphics are good, not great but, of course it was a launch title. But again, it was another great buy, in my book.

NFL Head Coach 09: It only cost $10 at walmart...it's pretty bad. The sim doesnt look pretty and it's a broken simulation. Players are unresponsive, schemes are awful/unrealistic (Packers run 5 wide every damn play), trade set up is annoying, the computer dictates everything...and the big one, garbage AI, terrible, terrible, terrible.

I'm looking to keep all my sports titles and multi console games to my 360. So, I'm basically looking exclusively at PS3 exclusives at the moment.
If you are going to buy PS3 exclusive right now, I'd say Little Big Planet or Resistance 2 if you really liked the first. If you don't necessarily need to buy now, I'd wait til end of January or February when God of War 3 comes out because that will be epic.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, God of War 3 will def. be mine they did it comes out. haha. I wish I could still play the first two on my ps3, though. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-22-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should get metal gear solid 4, and it is not even close. It is thebest video game... Ever
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You should get metal gear solid 4, and it is not even close. It is thebest video game... Ever
Ah, I forgot about this. Yes, if you have to get a PS3 game right now, it has to be MGS4, based on general preference. Personally, I never got into the MGS series, so I would prefer other games, but that isn't saying that I don't think MGS4 isn't good because from all accounts it is.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The thing I really like about it is that it has the feel like you are watching a movie, but you also get to interact on a very enjoyable level. It's like a perfect combination of movie/video game.

Also, to anyone who has it, in Resistance 2 can you do co-op campaign? I can't remember if you could in 1 (I think so?) but it would be great if you can in 2 since I'll most likely be getting it.
There is no co-op campaign which I found disappointing. The first one had split screen co-op. Theres a Co-Op mode online in which theres 8 people doing objectives. Theres a soldier class, medic class, and a special ops class all with levels and upgrades. You can do that split screen online as well as team death match and such split screen online as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Hey dudes, I got a quick question. I just bought CODWAW today and me and my friend were playin some co-op and we couldnt save the game, but it saves fine on single player. Is the game made like that or did I get a faulty copy? Single player saves fine but Co-Op doesnt save at all. Anyone? Thanks.
I had saving problems for co-op on World at War also but on my 360. Theres no save option or auto save.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I had saving problems for co-op on World at War also but on my 360. Theres no save option or auto save.
Why would you need to save in co-op?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I plan on it but, i really need to find a way to play all of them from playstation uno, on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh and HD upconvert for the win. I didnt know it would make my standard dvds looks fantastic but, wow does it. Nothing like watching my non blu ray movies in HD also. Love, love, love that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I plan on it but, i really need to find a way to play all of them from playstation uno, on.
Theres a PS2 MGS Collection which contains 1-3 for like $30. I know Best Buy carries them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Why would you need to save in co-op?
You really don't because you can choose the missions. It is just a basic feature which I thought they would have to allow you to continue from a certain checkpoint. Veteran difficulty can be a *****.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote