Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Should KC Trade LJ?

Good article by Jason Whitlock.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/16700590.htm

I think a better question is was the chiefs would recieve for him in a trade?

I'd say a high first rounder and another decent player.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I think you guys should trade LJ...
Here's a trade:

Falcons get:
Larry Johnson

Chiefs get:
Matt Schaub
3rd round pick

*just kidding, i just would love to see LJ in Atlanta*
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He presented his argument very well. Whitlock knows his Chiefs. And sometimes a lockerroom cancer can really devistate a franchise. Is LJ really irreplaceable? That oline makes the world go round. If anything, its more important for them to continue establishing a presence in the trenches through the draft (ie draft some guards for the future). And if they can get a guy like Peterson for LJ and pay him alot less doe with half the headaches, is it really that far fetched of an idea?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a huge, 7 page thread about trading LJ or not in December. It is mildly aggravating that the same topic is back again. I will comment further once we see the comments from the peanut gallery.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guess i didn't realize how big a cancer he is... if they could get a top 10 pick out of LJ... then i say definitely do it. That way they'd have a shot at possibly trading up to get Adrian Peterson, or trading back a little to get Marshawn Lynch... both of which i feel would be adequate replacements for LJ.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i get the argument, but it seems like a bizarre strategy to NOT pay johnson, say (to use Whitlock's example) $20m in bonuses, then turn around and give some rookie $18m in bonuses to play the same position.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't trade him unless I got a top 5 pick
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That guy really makes LJ sound like an idiot.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ deserves to get his money, but his attitude problems date all the way back to HS. He has always worked very hard, but LJ has generally made it clear that he wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. No one will ever stop him from speaking his mind or doing what he wants. Sounds a lot like TO, but the Chiefs' PR group has generally kept his drama under wraps.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
trade him to the lions they need a RB for half of next season
Finlayson56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlayson56
Quote:
Mike Martz doesn't need RBs. The Lions should just put a WR in the backfield.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
LJ deserves to get his money, but his attitude problems date all the way back to HS. He has always worked very hard, but LJ has generally made it clear that he wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. No one will ever stop him from speaking his mind or doing what he wants. Sounds a lot like TO, but the Chiefs' PR group has generally kept his drama under wraps.
Yeah KC handles it quite a bit better

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be really interesting if this actually happened. Don't think it will though.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good article and Jason Whitlock is an oxymoron.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
He presented his argument very well. Whitlock knows his Chiefs. And sometimes a lockerroom cancer can really devistate a franchise. Is LJ really irreplaceable? That oline makes the world go round. If anything, its more important for them to continue establishing a presence in the trenches through the draft (ie draft some guards for the future). And if they can get a guy like Peterson for LJ and pay him alot less doe with half the headaches, is it really that far fetched of an idea?
I don't like Whitlock's argument. I mean, he's said some farfetched stuff before, like how the Redskins would play in the Super Bowl this past season, so this may be a plea for attention, like everything that comes out of Skip Bayless' mouth. Plus, when Peyton Manning threw his O-Line under the bus after the Steelers game last season, were there any questions about whether he would be staying in Indy? It is harder to develop QBs in the NFL in comparison to RBs; but, if someone has 416 carries in a season along with 50+ catches, it is going to take more than one player to duplicate that production, as well as the leadership factor. To say the best player on the team is the reason they aren't better is a total paradox.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Good article and Jason Whitlock is an oxymoron.
You would not believe how close I was to clicking "post reply" and typing the exact same sentence.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Is LJ that much of a distraction in the locker room?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
His teammates hate his guts. I read about it in Sports Illustrated last year. He's a weird mofo. I wouldn't want him on our team, we have enough head cases.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good read, but keeping LJ is the best choice

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
His teammates hate his guts. I read about it in Sports Illustrated last year. He's a weird mofo. I wouldn't want him on our team, we have enough head cases.
Damn I got excited for a second....but I want nothing to do with a mini TO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really seen any argument to refute Whitlock despite how bad some of you think he is.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That oline makes the world go round.
2 years ago. The 2006 KC oline was poor, and next year's line isn't going to be any better without Shields. The truth is that without LJ we would have had a losing record this year. How much could we really get for LJ anyway?

This is all moot anyways because there is no chance LJ is traded. Carl is not going to trade him.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
That oline makes the world go round.
2 years ago. The 2006 KC oline was poor, and next year's line isn't going to be any better without Shields. The truth is that without LJ we would have had a losing record this year. How much could we really get for LJ anyway?

This is all moot anyways because there is no chance LJ is traded. Carl is not going to trade him.
Pretty much. Peterson is too busy gloating about how smart he looks for drafting LJ, especially for all the criticism he received for it.

You're right about the KC offensive line, too. Next year, they'll have Waters (who didn't play as well this year as in years past), Weigmann, and that's about it. They need to figure something out about their tackle situation because this year showed that a combo of Kyle Turley and Highway isn't going to get it done.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlayson56
Quote:
thats a terrible idea, i mean LJ is a phenominal player but the lions can solve their running back need for next season by signing an RB like Dominic Rhodes or Chris Brown adn not have to give up their top 5 pick

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Whitlock is the biggest moron of all the members of the KC media.There was an article a few weeks back about a possible extension and here is an exact quote by LJ and see if he really sounds like a cancer

Quote:
"It's out of my hands," Johnson said. "It's the same as going in with the deal when I was a rookie.It does'nt bother me.I'm fine with it.It's more about trying to win a Super Bowl.I'm not trying to win 'Richest Man Alive."
When it comes to Whitless do what I do...Ignore anything he writes because it is pure 100% crap