Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlayson56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
I wouldn't trade him unless I got a top 5 pick
trade him to the lions they need a RB for half of next season
thats a terrible idea, i mean LJ is a phenominal player but the lions can solve their running back need for next season by signing an RB like Dominic Rhodes or Chris Brown adn not have to give up their top 5 pick
you think those guys are gonna be what the lions need at RB? WOW...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thats a terrible idea, i mean LJ is a phenominal player but the lions can solve their running back need for next season by signing an RB like Dominic Rhodes or Chris Brown adn not have to give up their top 5 pick
Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown solving a running back problem?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Who's Chris Brown?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Snaznits
Veteran

Snaznits hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath
Yea, I think you guys should trade LJ...
Here's a trade:

Falcons get:
Larry Johnson

Chiefs get:
Matt Schaub
3rd round pick

*just kidding, i just would love to see LJ in Atlanta*
Why on earth would they do that the chiefs have damon huard who wasn't bad this year.

Thanks to Votelynnswann for a brand new pimpin sig!
Snaznits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Snaznits
Veteran

Snaznits hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Martz doesn't need RBs. The Lions should just put a WR in the backfield.
Mike Furrey?

Thanks to Votelynnswann for a brand new pimpin sig!
Snaznits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

raiders get: LJ 1st rounder and 4th

KC gets#1 overall, jordan/moss 3rd and future 2nd

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Yeha i dont like whitless

But id want a top 10 draft pick, 2nd rounder and the year after id want a 2nd and 4th
Old 02-15-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Who's Chris Brown?
He's that R&B singer all the young girls like....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

If the Chiefs were stupid enough to trade LJ they should try and get Michael Turner.
bucknut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
guess i didn't realize how big a cancer he is... if they could get a top 10 pick out of LJ... then i say definitely do it. That way they'd have a shot at possibly trading up to get Adrian Peterson, or trading back a little to get Marshawn Lynch... both of which i feel would be adequate replacements for LJ.
Same, I didnt think he was that type of player. So if they can trade him for a 1st rounder, and maybe a WR, then they should definantly do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been discussed more in detail, but the reason I'd consider dealing LJ is to rebuild the team. The reality is that the Chiefs core of recent years has peaked, and I'm not sure they will be able to make enough moves to stay up there. I mean, best case scenario, IMO, is a 1, at best, 2 year, window, if Carl Peterson can make several big splashes, but even that, is questionable.

The OL needs fixing. For all the talk about having guard options, I think they would do well to find some young interior pieces. Wiegmann's in his mid-30's, Waters/Bober/Welbourn are all in their 30's. Their tackle situation could use work, as everyone knows. Pretty soon, Green will be out, and Croyle, or someone, will be in. They still lack top level receivers, and depending on Jeff Webb is being really optimistic. While Tony Gonzalez had a great year, even his biggest fan would admit he lost a tiny step, and he is 31. Their secondary could use some young CB's. They could use some youth at DT's.

Do I think LJ will be moved? Probably not. I just don't think they'll be bold enough to do that. But if they could get a bundle of picks (say, at least 2 day 1 picks this year, and another day 1 pick next year) I'd consider it. Running backs can be found. Sure, it's not likely at LJ's level ... but the league is moving to 2-back systems more to preserve players. Signing a Dominic Rhodes and adding a running back in the draft could still give them a strong running game, and additional picks would allow for them to start replenishing themselves in an attempt to not have any dropoff.

But no ... I doubt LJ gets moved.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ is not a cancer 90% of the stuff he says is true and no one has ever came out and said they didn't like playing with him I don't care what SI says.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
LJ is not a cancer 90% of the stuff he says is true and no one has ever came out and said they didn't like playing with him I don't care what SI says.
A comma or period here or there would be nice once in awhile.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
'.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
'.
the first one's an apostrophe, not a comma.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Thats nice.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont like how he was knocking him and jay-z...he doesnt know LJ personally, and he surely doesnt know his relationship with sean carter....

when the season is over, some players go golfing, vacation with family, go party hard for a few weeks, whatever it may be, their entitled to do that AFTER the season is over, especially right after, ESPECIALLY for a person who carried it 400 times....

so what he went to new york AFTER the season, i think he earned a vacation to wherever he wanted to after 400+ carries...you criticize him and say he could be the next jamal anderson overused, so what would you like a man to do after a grueling season like he had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

K.C will be adressing that 400+ carries. A late rb or someon getting 6-10 carries a game, plus a better passing attack, and a fullback also a more youthful line.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

L J for Carnell Williams and Calvin Johnson

L J for Braylon Edwards and Adrian Peterson
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ has had a problem controlling his mouth. Yes, most of what he says is true. But you don't always want to air your dirty laundry to the public like he did in the HBO inteview and after the 2nd Charger game.

Now, LJ is a great RB when he has the ball in his hands. Personally, I'm a fan of his running. But the Chiefs need young talent at some key position i.e. D-Tackle, O-Tackle, WR, CB. And if trading LJ can net us either players and/or picks to potentially fill those positions then at the very least the idea needs to be on the table and up for discussion in the Chiefs warroom.

Now, I don't think the Chiefs are going to get a top 10 pick for LJ. I think the best they can hope for is maybe another pick in the back half of the 1st, a player off the team they are trading with and maybe some kind of conditional pick in 08. Maybe a team in the back half of the 1st that is maybe a RB away from contending might be willing to come off their 1st rounder for a back like LJ. Then perhaps with those two picks the Chiefs can trade up into the top 10 if they want. Or keep the 2 firsts and take 2 first round talents off the board to fill holes.

Now, having said all that, I don't think Carl Peterson has the jam to do it. He's too busy patting himself on the back for making such a great pick when everyone in the world told him not to. So LJ represents one of Peterson's greatest all time picks in his mind. So I don't really see Peterson trading him away. Even if it would benefit the team in the long run.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote