Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-11-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Cam Newton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
What about Cam Newton?
He ain't good.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, didnt realise that :p

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

So apparently my what my buddy told me about Marve was a little premature. Randy met with Marve's parents after my buddy told me that and supposedly it isn't pretty.

Marve wants to be here but Daddy wants him gone.

Sounds like he will transfer. I'm hearing everywhere from USF to Oklahoma.

I'd have to think it'd be a much smaller school tho.

Not alot of top 10 programs are lining up to take our problems players right now.

That's why USF makes the most sense to me.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
What about Cam Newton?
nobody knows to be honest with you. i think he could be a aight QB but nothing to push UM over the hump. he's basically a clone of Harris but unproven
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
nobody knows to be honest with you. i think he could be a aight QB but nothing to push UM over the hump. he's basically a clone of Harris but unproven
You do know Newton plays for the Gators and has nothing to do with Miami rite?

And how exactly is Newton a clone of Harris.

Harris looked very good as a true freshman this season and looks like he could be a 3 year starter at Miami.

Newton is a 3rd string QB for the Gators that will be lucky if him gets 3 starts for the Gators.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 12-11-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I think he was suggesting I thought Newton was transferring here. But I only brought him up because he was highly recruited and I would have thought been a major deterrent to Marve even though no one mentioned him here yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I know why you brought him up.

But I'm wondering why anyone would even have the notion that Newton is transferring here.

Aside from the fact we don't know if Newton even wants or will transfer, Randy Shannon does not take transfers to Miami.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
You do know Newton plays for the Gators and has nothing to do with Miami rite?

And how exactly is Newton a clone of Harris.

Harris looked very good as a true freshman this season and looks like he could be a 3 year starter at Miami.

Newton is a 3rd string QB for the Gators that will be lucky if him gets 3 starts for the Gators.
*smh* allow me to break it down for you:

we were talking about Robert Marve transferring to UF and i mentioned he'd be a fool to transfer here because we already have Brantley along with Reed and Burton on there way to Gainesville. Then he mentions Cam Newton cause i didn't mention him and for good reason since he's kicked off of the team for stealing the laptop and i was basically saying he's not something Miami would need at QB since he's the same style of QB as Harris is just unproven. and when i say same style i mean they are young, mobile, but both are developing as passers. Newton just has suffered from injuries and Brantley being a superior passer to him.

Last edited by murdamal86 : 12-11-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
*smh* allow me to break it down for you:

we were talking about Robert Marve transferring to UF and i mentioned he'd be a fool to transfer here because we already have Brantley along with Reed and Burton on there way to Gainesville. Then he mentions Cam Newton cause i didn't mention him and for good reason since he's kicked off of the team for stealing the laptop and i was basically saying he's not something Miami would need at QB since he's the same style of QB as Harris is just unproven. and when i say same style i mean they are young, mobile, but both are developing as passers. Newton just has suffered from injuries and Brantley being a superior passer to him.
Ok so on the flip side, let me break it down for you:

-Miami does not take transfers so why would we assume your talking about Newton transferring to Miami?

-Jacory Harris is NOT the same style of QB as Cam Newton. You mention they are both young, mobile and developing as passers. We that might be the case with Newton but not with Harris.

Harris is the complete opposite. He played in a shotgun offense in HS and his best skills as a QB are his touch and accuracy. His runnning? Not so much. He can move around and keep plays alive but he will never be a mobile QB that can make plays with his feet. As a passer, he's pretty developed considering his age. What he is learning is adjusting to a different style of offense that features much more then just shotgun HS sets.

Don't worrying tho, your not the 1st person to think Jacory can run and not throw. He tends to get that label because he is a black QB and doesn't have great arm strength while Marve gets the passer label because he's a white QB with a cannon.

But Marve is the bigger playmaker with his feet while Jacory is the much more polished passer.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Ok so on the flip side, let me break it down for you:

-Miami does not take transfers so why would we assume your talking about Newton transferring to Miami?

-Jacory Harris is NOT the same style of QB as Cam Newton. You mention they are both young, mobile and developing as passers. We that might be the case with Newton but not with Harris.

Harris is the complete opposite. He played in a shotgun offense in HS and his best skills as a QB are his touch and accuracy. His runnning? Not so much. He can move around and keep plays alive but he will never be a mobile QB that can make plays with his feet. As a passer, he's pretty developed considering his age. What he is learning is adjusting to a different style of offense that features much more then just shotgun HS sets.

Don't worrying tho, your not the 1st person to think Jacory can run and not throw. He tends to get that label because he is a black QB and doesn't have great arm strength while Marve gets the passer label because he's a white QB with a cannon.

But Marve is the bigger playmaker with his feet while Jacory is the much more polished passer.
probably because the conversation didn't involve you that's why you assumed.

1. no Miami does not take transfers because nobody has been wanting to transfer to Miami that's worth a dang.

2. Harris IS developing as a passer and that's something that EVERYBODY knows and can agree on. nobody sitting here saying anything different. when did i ever say he COULD NOT throw? point that out for me please and no excuses, no twisting my words, all i want to see where i said he can't throw.

3. he IS mobile. you make it sound like i said that he was a running QB that's learning how to pass. when i said that he was mobile, i'm not comparing him to Robert Griffin and Tyrod Taylor. that's YOU bringing up people assume he's a playmaker with his feet because he's black and Marve is a pocket passer cause he's white cause i didn't.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting debate haha.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mentioned this in the bowl thread but I'll say it again - If Randy Shannon does not ax Patrick Nix I will have serious, serious doubts about him and his ability to lead Miami back to being Miami. It is an absolute must and if he doesn't do it, he should rightfully be on the hot seat next year and anything less than ACCCG appearance should put his job in Jeopardy.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, Shannon hired Nix in the first place, and held onto him for 2 years. That's 2 years too many. Bill Young did a pretty ******* below-average job this year too.

I'm not drinking the Shannon kool aid like a lot of you guys are....he can recruit and he's a respectable guy....but I'm not sure he's a winning HC.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Dude, Shannon hired Nix in the first place, and held onto him for 2 years. That's 2 years too many. Bill Young did a pretty ******* below-average job this year too.

I'm not drinking the Shannon kool aid like a lot of you guys are....he can recruit and he's a respectable guy....but I'm not sure he's a winning HC.
Nix was Shannon's third choice and he had his first two just about hired before they were swept away to better job offers - one to the NFL and the other got a promotion at the school he was at and then a head coaching job a year later.

I'm drinking the Kool Aid with Shannon only IF he makes the right move and axes Nix and brings in his original first choice - Dirk Koetter.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Nix was Shannon's third choice and he had his first two just about hired before they were swept away to better job offers - one to the NFL and the other got a promotion at the school he was at and then a head coaching job a year later.

I'm drinking the Kool Aid with Shannon only IF he makes the right move and axes Nix and brings in his original first choice - Dirk Koetter.
i think he'll get a shot at Dirk Koetter because i don't think Jax will retain him beyond this season
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Time to party.

Nix is fired.

Randy pulled the trigger quickly. Great move. Hes learning.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh happy day.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude....a Zapdos sig? I don't know the inside joke but that's an epic sig.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=894228
Old 12-29-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

No word on a replacement but Jimmy Johnson has said Randy told him they are going back to a complete pro-style offense.

Decision should come within the next week or 2.

Also hearing Swasey is going to the NFL with the Bucs with a S&C gig with them.

Rumblings that McGriff and Barrow are gone as well. But that's not confirmed or anything.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

McGriff and Barrow have done well....????

Swasey with the Bucs? What is Gruden thinking? As if we couldn't get any worse after losing to Oakland...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whoa, I do not want to lose Barrow. McGriff i'd like to stay with, but wouldn't be heartbroken if he is let go. But losing Barrow? I think that would be a pretty big blow to recruiting...
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
McGriff and Barrow have done well....????

Swasey with the Bucs? What is Gruden thinking? As if we couldn't get any worse after losing to Oakland...
McGriff is dog ****. Not one player in the secondary has gotten better since he's been here. I would be in favor of him leaving.

Barrow, I would be upset about losing and that would probably spell the end of the Browns (Arthur & Bryce) in Miami. I don't think that's going to happen.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I wouldn't get/like Barrow leaving at all. I'm all in favor in getting a new DB coach, one that actually taught the DBs what to do when the ball was in the air.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote