Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I still like Jack Del Rio.
I still like him too. Although I think we can all see how much Del Rio benefitted from having Mike Smith on his staff. This upcoming season will say a lot about JDR.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Every Coach has flaws also I just went through 3 seasons of Mangini who had all these imaginative blitzes but at the end it didn't matter because we didn't have great players.
the coach that has won 1 playoff game in 10 years always gets the boot.
the coach that has been one of the worst drafting coaches in the nfl will usually get the boot
the coach that supervises a 3 game collapse usually will get the boot

every coach has his flaws, but lets get real here, everyone who hasnt watched this man coach the last 10 years can't really tell 80% of bronco nation that shanahan doesn't deserve this
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where does he go?

he's one of the brilliant minds of this league. he runs my favorite variation of the WCO, i think he's a genius.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a lot of teams out there that eventually just stop buying into what a coach is selling.

The more interesting thing will be who ends up coach in Denver and what Happens to Cutler after he's just starting get get right in the current system.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shannahan was awful as a GM. He had a series of bad drafts and kept trying to plug players in on defense. Whoever comes in is going to have a lot of talent to work with on offense.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Shannahan was awful as a GM. He had a series of bad drafts and kept trying to plug players in on defense. Whoever comes in is going to have a lot of talent to work with on offense.
Hm, maybe the Denver offense and a chance to rebuild a defense makes Cowher put his thinking cap back on.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Philly fires Reid, they should hire Shanny.

Westbrook would BEAST it for Shanny.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
the coach that has won 1 playoff game in 10 years always gets the boot.
the coach that has been one of the worst drafting coaches in the nfl will usually get the boot
the coach that supervises a 3 game collapse usually will get the boot
It wasn't a collapse the Broncos simply werent good. They were a 24th in DVOA. They were really a 6-10 team that got lucky early on.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
There's a lot of teams out there that eventually just stop buying into what a coach is selling.

The more interesting thing will be who ends up coach in Denver and what Happens to Cutler after he's just starting get get right in the current system.
quite the opposite... he had a pretty bad second half of the season
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
where does he go?
KC keep him in the west.

:)
Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Denver was good and competitive pretty much every season under Shanahan. Denver's problem was getting the right combination of talent at the same time, not the coaching. I think they're gonna regret this long term, and whoever hires Mike is gonna strike gold.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
It wasn't a collapse the Broncos simply werent good. They were a 24th in DVOA. They were really a 6-10 team that got lucky early on.
okay, and who is that on? haha... some of it goes on mr. shanahan, who has been absolutely atrocious in picking up new players, whether it is FA or drafting. it's got to the point where shanahan had his back to the wall, and people could no longer safely point fingers and point at coordinators etc
Old 12-30-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
okay, and who is that on? haha... some of it goes on mr. shanahan, who has been absolutely atrocious in picking up new players, whether it is FA or drafting. it's got to the point where shanahan had his back to the wall, and people could no longer safely point fingers and point at coordinators etc
As a GM he was horrible there is no denying that. But as a coach he worked with what he had(ironically since he caused the problem). Their running back situation got so bad they signed Tatum Bell who was literally selling cell phone plans in the mall before he got the call. He Rick Pitionoed himself.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see this coming. I can imagine the font office is pretty pissed though after the last couple years.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli and Shannahan in Detroit. I don't want it, just my guess.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

God the AFC West sucks.Sucky teams sucky coaches.Pathetic.
This is a pretty good day though seeing Shannahan fired.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
As a GM he was horrible there is no denying that. But as a coach he worked with what he had(ironically since he caused the problem). Their running back situation got so bad they signed Tatum Bell who was literally selling cell phone plans in the mall before he got the call. He Rick Pitionoed himself.
i'm gonna wait till njx gets back to explain this one haha
Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Pioli and Shannahan in Detroit. I don't want it, just my guess.

Is Pioli going to take an assistant GM role in Detroit or something in this scenario?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Is Pioli going to take an assistant GM role in Detroit or something in this scenario?
If they could pry Pioli away you don't think they'd get rid of Mayhew?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
This is a pretty good day though seeing Shannahan fired.
I feel fuzzy
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This isn't how these things work. You don't give someone a job, then give someone else the same job days later.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that is crazy. Didn't expect it. What do the Broncos fans here think?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sounds like Pioli is gonna wind up in Cleveland, and even if that somehow fell through then Kansas City would get him. Detroit just named Mayhew their G.M.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa should sack Gruden and take a run at him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
This isn't how these things work. You don't give someone a job, then give someone else the same job days later.
With the season Detroit just had (granted not giving Mayhew a lot of or really any time) I think they'd be willing to blow up everyone in the org outside of Sims, Johnson and Smith. If I'm on that front office, especially someone like Mayhew who had been there in a smaller role, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with my job security. I just feel if someone like Pioli was interested at all they could treat Mayhew like an interim GM. Maybe I'm wrong.