Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Wow, that is crazy. Didn't expect it. What do the Broncos fans here think?
80% of us aren't surprised at all
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
With the season Detroit just had (granted not giving Mayhew a lot of or really any time) I think they'd be willing to blow up everyone in the org outside of Sims, Johnson and Smith. If I'm on that front office, especially someone like Mayhew who had been there in a smaller role, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with my job security. I just feel if someone like Pioli was interested at all they could treat Mayhew like an interim GM. Maybe I'm wrong.
You are. Mayhew is not in any way, shape or form an interim GM. He was just announced as GM. Ford has no interest in blowing up the staff. Mayhew will be given his chance to succeed in Detroit, be it a good decision or not.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so pissed the Bills are keeping Jauron. He is the absolute worst. Jauron is the most conservative human alive. 4th and inches, "ohh lets punt it, even though the 50 MPH winds are at our faces". Really, what do we have to lose. starting 4-0 and then ending up 7-9, is not the players fault.

Honestly, I would have any coach that was fired rather than Jauron. He is just that bad.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
You are. Mayhew is not in any way, shape or form an interim GM. He was just announced as GM. Ford has no interest in blowing up the staff. Mayhew will be given his chance to succeed in Detroit, be it a good decision or not.
Fair enough. I don't like the move, personally, as I would try to rid the entire front office down to the receptionist, but its just me I guess. I guess the Ford family is getting good at running every organization they have a majority holding in into the ground.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Good move- he just flatout wasn't doing his job.

I dont think fans of any team but the Broncos realize the significance of this move. Schefter and Terrell are making this out to be a poor move. TD claimed this was a coach who was consistent and irreplaceable. Sure, consistent in a sense that he has consistently missed the playoffs in the last decade without Elway, has won 1 playoff game, and has been the leagues worst drafting headcoach.

Before everyone starts questioning this move, just know 80% of the supposed "restless" Denver fan base knows that this is the right move for the team, he isn't the coaching god he was 10 years ago.
This. I haven't been impressed with "The Ultimate Leader" for a while. He's just a cocky coach who thinks he can win by throwing anyone in there. He hasn't had success in a while and was basically living off of his reputation. Kudos to the Broncos for firing him. I can't wait until Herm Edwards and Marvin Lewis get canned and the Chiefs and Bengals fans get some real coaches as well. I would have said something similar about Jeff Fisher earlier (he's been 2-5 in the playoffs since the Super Bowl loss, 2-6 if you include that game, and was 72-62 overall since the Super Bowl before this season - good if you want a 9-7 or 10-6 record and a first-round playoff exit every year, not so much otherwise.) I still want to see Fisher make a deep playoff run, otherwise his last ten years or so will look like Marty Schottenheimer's.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Fair enough. I don't like the move, personally, as I would try to rid the entire front office down to the receptionist, but its just me I guess. I guess the Ford family is getting good at running every organization they have a majority holding in into the ground.
Trust me, the world agrees with you. I'm not defending the move to make Mayhew the GM (Although I must admit I don't think he seems like that bad of a GM (and as a Packers fan, it pains me to think this)), but he's definitely the guy this year.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I am so pissed the Bills are keeping Jauron. He is the absolute worst. Jauron is the most conservative human alive. 4th and inches, "ohh lets punt it, even though the 50 MPH winds are at our faces". Really, what do we have to lose. starting 4-0 and then ending up 7-9, is not the players fault.

Honestly, I would have any coach that was fired rather than Jauron. He is just that bad.
I sorry to say this but the Bills weren't good. They went 4-0 against Oak, Sea, Jac, Stl and lost every game in their division. For some reason no one likes to blame players on this board. Jauron made a terrible call on the Losman bootleg in the Jets game but at the end of the day Losman fumbled the ball.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
This. I haven't been impressed with "The Ultimate Leader" for a while. He's just a cocky coach who thinks he can win by throwing anyone in there. He hasn't had success in a while and was basically living off of his reputation. Kudos to the Broncos for firing him. I can't wait until Herm Edwards and Marvin Lewis get canned and the Chiefs and Bengals fans get some real coaches as well. I would have said something similar about Jeff Fisher earlier (he's been 2-5 in the playoffs since the Super Bowl loss, 2-6 if you include that game, and was 72-62 overall since the Super Bowl before this season - good if you want a 9-7 or 10-6 record and a first-round playoff exit every year, not so much otherwise.) I still want to see Fisher make a deep playoff run, otherwise his last ten years or so will look like Marty Schottenheimer's.
What's wrong with Maty Schottenheimer. He will probably go down as one of the underapreciated coaches in history. He just got unlucky in the playoffs.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
What's wrong with Maty Schottenheimer. He will probably go down as one of the underapreciated coaches in history. He just got unlucky in the playoffs.
The end result for his teams was always failure. Just getting to the playoffs isn't good enough, you have to actually coach well there, too. Constant playoff failures are almost as bad as regular season failures.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
His overly conservative nature annoys the crap out of people.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The end result for his teams was always failure. Just getting to the playoffs isn't good enough, you have to actually coach well there, too. Constant playoff failures are almost as bad as regular season failures.
If it had not been for a kicker Marty would have went to at least two SB.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized something really bad...

Spagnuolo is PERFECT for the Denver job.

:(

DAMMIT!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Shannahan is a good coach, but he had too much power in Denver. He needed to be relieved of his GM duties, perhaps he wasn't willing to give it up or maybe Bowlen just wanted him gone.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaaaaaaaaaaand the Bills retain Dick Jauron.

once again, womp womp womp.

Buffalo loses yet again.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jauron is alright. The franchise needs stable production from the QB, as they have since Jim Kelly retired (and they had in Doug Flutie before they screwed it up).

They need to bring in at least one QB to compete with Edwards this offseason.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

danggg
it will be weird having mike shannahan coaching a diff team... he's been one of those coaches who stuck with a team for a long time

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
where does he go?

he's one of the brilliant minds of this league. he runs my favorite variation of the WCO, i think he's a genius.
could you imagine if Old Al takes Gilbride from us and we hire shanny?

Imagine Shanny with Jacobs, Bradshaw and our OL!

that being said, I love Shanny and hope he lands on his feet like I think he will
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see him taking a year off... however, if he doesn't, I sure as hell hope he doesn't take the Lions job.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Cutler isn't happy with this move.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Apparently Cutler isn't happy with this move.
pssh. Such an emo.

But so...freakin'...hot

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Tampa should sack Gruden and take a run at him.
Time to start over. Why not?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

If only Shanny would've put a little more emphasis on his defense, he would be coaching this weekend instead of looking for work.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Wow, I did not see this happening at all. Poor Shanny. Come run our offense in Pittsburgh Mike, you know you want too.
I'd jizz my pants if he came to be our OC....FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Cleveland... For once do something right.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I hate winning seasons. Dude has had 2 losing seasons in 14 years. It's not like the Broncos have all the talent in the world. Offense, yes they are talented. Defense, sucked. That was the reason they blew down the stretch.

Seriously, 2 losing seasons. Come on.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote