Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it was a great season for Peppers but not his best...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said Oakland would go 7-9 and we went 5-11. Kind of close I guess

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing argument there, really worth attacking me and my posts, awesome.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'd love to see you argue that he didn't...

Why personally attack me?

You just said I'm not wrong and singled out one prediction. I made seven. Pick one of those and try to say I'm wrong. Stanton got a shot, if you can't see that by, the ease of the fact that, ITS UNDENIABLE THAT IT FREAKING HAPPENED. Then you're just attacking me for the sake of attacking me.
I argued that your prediction was way too general and not much of a prediction at all. If being given a shot consists of playing a few quarters at the end of a garbage game, then why would you predict everyone knew Stanton would get to play a few snaps. I think you meant that he would get a real shot(starts), which he did not get. Sorry for assuming that you would make real predictions and not cupcake ones. My bad. Also if was saying your predictions were dumb not you personally, if you don't want your posts critiqued then it would not be wise to post on this forum(just a heads up)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Amazing argument there, really worth attacking me and my posts, awesome.
yea so how about u make a counter argument? u ******* picked him to be DPoY

and i never ******* attacked u. if u dont want ur posts to be attacked why even make them?

Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I argued that your prediction was way too general and not much of a prediction at all. If being given a shot consists of playing a few quarters at the end of a garbage game, then why would you predict everyone knew Stanton would get to play a few snaps. I think you meant that he would get a real shot(starts), which he did not get. Sorry for assuming that you would make real predictions and not cupcake ones. My bad. Also if was saying your predictions were dumb not you personally, if you don't want your posts critiqued then it would not be wise to post on this forum(just a heads up)
I agree with you here, Chuck. That "prediction" was way too vague to be given top notch credit for.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
1. How 'bout dem Cowboys?!

I know this is going out on a limb with this one... Dallas has brought in a complimentary back to Marion Barber in Felix Jones, they have improved their secondary with Adam Jones and Mike Jenkins, and their offensive line is still intact. Unless Dallas is bitten by a huge injury bug then there is no reason why they shouldn't win the division. I'm also predicting them to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs yet not make it to the Super Bowl (more on that later). None of this will save Wade Phillips job as he is replaced by Jason Garrett next year.
Big wrong on both.

Quote:
2. The Bills will have a better record than the Jets. Both will miss the playoffs...

I really liked the way the Bills played last year with Trent Edwards as their quarterback. Marshawn Lynch is a stud and will continue to grow this year as a running back. James Hardy is an excellent compliment next to Lee Evans. On the defensive side of the ball Marcus Stroud will help them stop the run and Leondis “McLovin” McKelvin will be an excellent compliment to Terrance McGee in the secondary. Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner will both be healthy. This team will contend heavily for a wild-card spot and will just barely be beaten out. Dick Jauron will be in contention for coach of the year.

The Jets, on the other hand, have brought in Brett Favre in hopes of pushing them over the hump. Not only did I think this was a mistake when they traded for him but I think it will backfire. Favre will have to adjust to a new system, develop a rapport with his receivers, and try not to butt heads with the Mangenius. Favre and his 38 (39 in October) year old arm will revert back to his 2005 and 2006 form and throw more or equal interceptions to touchdowns. The Jets don't have the kind of defense to overcome those kind of errors. Despite the gamble on Favre, the Mangenius ends up looking like a mancub and should have stuck with developing Kellen Clemons.
Big wrong on the Bills. At least I had company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
ive been on the Bills bandwagon since last year. This team has made some great improvements, stays young, and is gonna be a threat in 2 years or earlier.

Trent Edwards is the real deal too. The WR from Indiana was a great pickup, as was McKlevin. Mitchell is a clutch player, Poz is back, Stroud anchors the inside. This team is gonna surprise a lot of ppl.
Pretty dead on with the Jets, though.

Quote:
3. Cardinals will win the NFC West – the weakest division in football

I'm not sold on Seattle's offense getting them very far. Their defense will sustain them and win some games for them but it just won't be enough. On the other hand this will be Matt Leinart's year and he will prove it. I see Arizona being much more competitive this year, especially on defense. They have some of the best wide receivers in the league in Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston will excel in the slot. Arizona barely beats out Seattle
Oooo, I was right, except for the part about barely beating out Seattle.

Quote:
4. Cleveland Rocks!

I didn't know whether to title this truth “Who let the dawgs out?” or “Dawggystyle”. So instead of choosing between those two I chose what I did.”
There will be a changing of the guard this year in the AFC North. Pittsburgh will continue to experience the growing pains of having a new head coach which will allow Cleveland to hurdle them and win the NFC North. I really like this Cleveland team's chemistry and I love the moves they made in the offseason. They were aggressive about addressing their needs I think Corey Williams is going to excel as a 3-4 end. There are two things that worry me: 1) their secondary. Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald don't inspire me at all. I actually think their one of the worst corner duo's in the NFL right now. 2) Their running back situation. Jamal Lewis had a breakthrough season last year but I wonder for how much longer he will be able to continue performing like he did. Jason Wright averaged 4.7 yards per rush last year but I feel he is more of a situational type back. Even with that said, Cleveland with their offensive weapons and improved front 7 will win the AFC North.
The Steelers needed offensive line help in the worst way going into the draft and only managed to draft one offensive lineman, OT Tony Hills, in the fourth round. Justin Hartwig is an upgrade over Sean Mahan at center but losing Alan Faneca will hurt. While they got some great value with skill position players Limas Sweed and Rashard Mendenhall they will struggle keeping Roethlisberger up right. The Steelers will earn a wild card.
Another big wrong.

Quote:
5a. Green Bay victorious.

Even with the departure of Brett Favre, I don't see this Green Bay skipping a beat. Aaron Rodgers has had three years to learn the system and he should step right in like a veteran. He's been practicing against GB's defense for three years as well, which can only help him. If Rodger's goes down with an injury, though, then I can see Green Bay struggling
So, apparently I suck at predictions.

Quote:
5b. Minnesota needs a QB.

Despite addressing their need for a pass rusher I am just not sold on Minnesota. I'm surprised they haven't been looking around for a QB yet. Here's an idea: Minnesota trades for J.P. Losman. The starting job is all but Trent Edwards' to lose in Buffalo and Minnesota would get a better signal caller than Tavaris Jackson. The same could be said about trading for QB Shaun Hill of the 49ers. I know, wishful thinking... Back to reality, the Vikings defense is scary. Their front 7 is monstrous. Their secondary, eh, I've seen better. But, with their ability to stop the run and now with Jared Allen rushing the passer they should win some ball games. However, you have to be able to throw the ball and that's something I don't see them doing very well this year, esp. when Bernard Berrian is your best receiver. AD and Chester “Cheetah” Taylor will touch the ball quite often. If they can stay healthy the Vikings are in the playoffs. If one of them goes down then their barely in contention for the wild card.
Okay, kinda right about the Vikings.

Quote:
6. Around and round we go

Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis, and John Fox will be the first three coaches fired next year. Depending on how well the Raiders do this year Lane Kiffin may or may not be fired. I see some drastic changes coming soon to some teams. I think Mike Martz could be in consideration for the SF job depending on how well the offense performs this year. Russ Grimm will be another name mentioned, possibly for the Cincinnati job or Carolina job. Bill Cowher's name is always one that comes up and I feel he will be closely courted by the Panthers. Pete Carroll's name will probably be brought up as well.
Yep, I definitely suck at these.

Quote:
7. Be a Saint

This will be my first homer “truth”. The New Orleans Saints will win the NFC South and it will come down between them and Tampa Bay. I have really liked what the Saints have done this offseason. While I am still a little hesitant on their moves to bring in two guys that were injured last season, you can't help but feel that the front office knows what their doing after gambling on Drew Brees. Bringing in Jeremy Shockey makes an already dangerous offense that much more lethal. While I'm not sold on Deuce lasting a whole season, I am very confident in RB Pierre Thomas' ability to help fill in if he goes down. It also looks like Robert Meachem will be the #2 opposite Colston and that Adrian Arrington will be our 3rd or 4th receiver on the depth chart. Vilma, DE Bobby McCray, and DT Sedrick Ellis help strengthen our front seven and we should get a lot more pressure on opposing QB's than we have been able to get in recent years.
I trusted my team and Sean Payton to fulfill expectations. As a Saints fan I should have known better...

Quote:
8. Shirts vs. Skins

The Washington Redskins will make the playoffs as a wild card. I am going out on another limb with this one but I don't think the NY football Giants have added enough talent to recover from losing DE Michael Strahan, TE Jeremy Shockey, and S Gibril Wilson. I also think the Eagles will continue to be a mediocre team and fully expect another Donovan McNabb injury. For some reason or another I really like Washington this year. I think Jason Campbell will make strides as a starting QB, Clinton Portis is a dangerous running back, they brought in some good weapons at WR, and they traded for DE Jason Taylor. While I'm not sold on Jim Zorn being a head coach, I feel that Washington is the next best team in the division, at least for this year.
I wish I could stop, I really do. This is becoming very painful.

Quote:
9. Houston vs. The Oilers

This year Gary Kubiak and the Houston Texans will boast a better record than the Tennessee Titans. That's right, I said it. Quickly and quietly the Texans have put together a good team and will be very competitive in the toughest division in football. DeMeco is a monster at linebacker and leads a fairly strong defense (minus the secondary) and Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson will give opposing defenses fits. Steve Slaton should fit in nicely as a third down back but Houston is definitely going to have to address their safety and running back issues this off-season.
Although I think Jeff Fisher is one of the best coaches in the NFL I just don't see the Titans having enough talent on offense to rack up enough points this year. Tennessee has a running back by committee and their best wide receiver is Justin Gage, a corny wrestling name if I ever heard one. Their defense is very solid and will help keep games close but unless Rob Bironas can kick 70 yard field goals this will be Houston's year to finish third in the AFC South.
That one hurt. It really did. I won't poop right for a week after that one.

Quote:
10. The Missing Piece?
While I have the Cleveland Browns winning the AFC North, I feel that Pittsburgh will be hot on their heels and that will be because of one guy. No, not Rashard Mendenhall, Willie Parker, Santonio Holmes, or Limas Sweed but... Mewelde Moore. In a wide-open offense like the one Pittsburgh is trying to incorporate I can see Moore excelling as a 3rd down back. He's quick out of the backfield and can catch the ball and get a few YAC. If he is utilized properly he could be another weapon in a loaded arsenal.
Look at me being right... What is that? Two times? I fail.

Quote:
11. When the Saints go marching in

My second and final homer “truth” and it's a doozie. The Saints will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I have them beating Dallas at Dallas to advance to the Super Bowl this year. While Dallas should go, I think the Saints have the better offense and a defense that will be tougher than people think. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flak for this one but that's what these are about. The Saints have a fairly easy schedule and I'm picking them to finish 2nd in the NFC, right behind Dallas.
I have the Saints facing the Colts in the Super Bowl and losing. I wanted to put the Chargers here really bad but can't justify putting a Norv Turner coached team into the Super Bowl.
Ouch. I forgot about that one. That one definitely hurt.

Quote:
Derek Anderson – One year wonder
Looking at last year, DA has a coming out party. He played lights about against the Browns first game against the Bengals in week 2, then against against Miami in week 6, St. Louis in 8, and finally against Pittsburgh in a close one in week 10. On the flip side, he struggled mightily against New England in week 5 (it's NE I'll cut him some slack), against Seattle in week 9, then against Arizona in week 13, against Cincinnati in week 16, and finally in week 17 against SF.
Cleveland plays a tougher schedule this year than last and I expect DA to under perform. His 29 to 19 td to int ratio last year isn't that impressive and with the tougher schedule I expect his numbers to take a significant hit. I loved the selection of Quinn in the first round last year and still think he is the future of the franchise.
Hot dog, look at that one!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the interest of the thread I'm not commenting any further on my own predictions if someone wishes to disagree, I'm happy for them to do so.

That being said, I'm happy that Carolina proved so many detractors wrong this year.

Quote:

Big wrong on the Bills. At least I had company.

The bills weren't too bad at the start of the year, Lynch, Edwards and Evans really tailed off through injury and whatever other reason toward the end of the year. Edwards is still really young though so I think they've got a better shot NEXT year.

Last edited by BlindSite : 01-01-2009 at 05:30 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol damn Diab, you're really competing with Dam for the worst predictions award lol.

You can take a little of the first one down though, the whole season, Dallas was never completely healthy, like they were last year. For as much as Garrett and Wade and Romo take, something that is often looked over is the ridiculous amount of injuries, when compared to last years' team.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

ur Moore prediction was really really good though

Old 01-01-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember i predicted parker and mendenhall to be the best runningback duo
but both got injured

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I did one of these.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote