Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Wow, that is crazy. Didn't expect it. What do the Broncos fans here think?
I have mixed feelings. I do think that the Broncos need some fresh ideas and that Shanny controlled way to much of the team. He did have some really aweful drafts, but to be fair, last years draft was pretty great.

All I'm worried about is how the players react. Cutler said he was unhappy with the situation, and you never want an unhappy franchise player. There is always okayer change when a new coach comes in, i just hope it isnt anyone I like.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Bill Cowher's record 1998-2000 22-26
Mike Shanahan record 2006-2008 24-24
They should have just striped him of his personel responsibilities like the Seahawks did with Holmgren a few years ago.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone is interested, the Bowlen/Shanahan presser will be streamed live, here is the link

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...V&year=&month=
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm curious to see how Shanny does where ever he lands. I figure he'll get a HC gig and the change of scenery could get him to try and prove himself again as a superbowl coach. I think the Jets could be that team since the D is already in place and all they need is a new DC, Romeo Crennel?, and the offense has talent that he could utilize.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like him or hate him you have to respect Mike Shanahan for the job he did in turning around a team that had lost 3 straight Superbowls in the late 80's into one that won back to back SB's. This is the end of an era and I think Shanahan will take a break from football like Bill Cowher make his millions on a gig like ESPN.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't look now, but Denver has an interview scheduled with Raheem Morris, who would become the youngest coach in the league
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/...-morris-o.html

Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but it could just be a minority interview.

Then again, I really like Morris' pedigree and history and I can see him getting one of the vacancies.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but it could just be a minority interview.

Then again, I really like Morris' pedigree and history and I can see him getting one of the vacancies.
I don't know if it's just a minority interview. There are plenty of token black coaches that have no shot in hell of getting hired.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raheem Morris has been mentioned a lot around here with coaching promotions and with the success of rookie head coaches this year it could quite possibly be a legit interview.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to pick someone, I'm rooting for Morris.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I don't know if it's just a minority interview. There are plenty of token black coaches that have no shot in hell of getting hired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Raheem Morris has been mentioned a lot around here with coaching promotions and with the success of rookie head coaches this year it could quite possibly be a legit interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If I had to pick someone, I'm rooting for Morris.
I'm not saying that this is without doubt a minority interview.

I'm just saying its within the realm of possibility. So don't get all excited linking Morris to the vacant HC position.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you getting all defensive? You mentioned it might be a minority interview. I stated reasons why it might not. Nobody's saying "ZOMGZZZ BLINDZITEZ RACIZTZZZ!!!"
Old 01-01-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh ZOMGZZZ BLINDZITEZ RACIZTZZZ!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Why are you getting all defensive? You mentioned it might be a minority interview. I stated reasons why it might not. Nobody's saying "ZOMGZZZ BLINDZITEZ RACIZTZZZ!!!"
I just wanted to clarify.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shanny is definately better than league average, I'd say he's at least a top 10 coach, but sometimes change just the sake of change isn't a bad idea, particularly when you've been at it for 14 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I tend to agree, eventually you just grow stale. IMO if Shanny went to St Louis he could do wonderful things for that team very quickly in such a weak division.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
as opposed to the really strong afc west.

i sincerely dislike the raheem morris for coach idea. unless he does something really well that i didn't notice, i don't hear a lot of love for the guy coming out of tampa.
just promise me you'll stay away from Spags ok?

actually, out of the teams who need coaches, if Spags leaves, I'd want him to go to Denver. he'd turn that D around quite quickly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder if Bob Stoops is going to give this job any consideration, or if Denver is really interested in bringing him in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i sincerely hope we don't reach for a college coach. i'd rather go with an offensive/defensive coordinator from an nfl team.
Mike Martz needs a job.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
as opposed to the really strong afc west.

i sincerely dislike the raheem morris for coach idea. unless he does something really well that i didn't notice, i don't hear a lot of love for the guy coming out of tampa.
Good. We want him!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i sincerely hope we don't reach for a college coach. i'd rather go with an offensive/defensive coordinator from an nfl team.
Is Stoops even interested in coaching in the NFL? That's interesting... there are actually three college coaches currently I would "consider": Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, and Pete Carrol. But I was always under the impression that none of these coaches were interested in leaving the college environment.

As for coordinators, I much prefer NY's Spagnuolo over NE's McDaniels. We could use a fresh defensive minded HC, and I think the presence of Bates is good enough to continue to foster Cutler's growth. Plus, the Bellichick tree of coaches are pretty overrated. Just look at Weis, Crennel, and Mangini. Bellichick is the genius of NE, not his assistant coaches. And honestly, I don't know who Morris is, so I have no comment on him. If there is one assistant head coach I would love for us to pursue, it would be Jason Garret, but I doubt that will happen.

As for Shanny, I am sad to see him go. Not because I think we're gonna miss his coaching per se, but because I really started following the Broncos the year Shanny was hired. Despite current results, I will always think of Shannahan with high regard. It's unfortunate that he had to get fired, instead of a smoother departure...

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
If there is one assistant head coach I would love for us to pursue, it would be Jason Garret, but I doubt that will happen.
Sounds like they are already asking for permission to speak with Garrett, I believe he turned down the Lions already but he would probably have some interest in the Denver position...With that said, I don't see how he'd be anything better then 4th or 5th best option available with the candidates already listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Sounds like they are already asking for permission to speak with Garrett, I believe he turned down the Lions already but he would probably have some interest in the Denver position...With that said, I don't see how he'd be anything better then 4th or 5th best option available with the candidates already listed.
Sshhh. They don't know that. If he wants to take over somewhere else, by all means, let him go. We don't pay him that big chunk of change he's due, and we get to rid ourselves of the problem we have at OC. With him gone, it would be easier for Wade to clean house, should he stay.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett should be begging for the Denver job, Cutler will save his rep, which is currently being assassinated by Romo.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote