Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
ESPN reports that the Browns and Lions have scheduled interviews with Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schawartz. I really hope he doesn't go an take what is a titanic fixer upper with the Lions. If anything, I think the Browns would be a good job to take given you bring in a proven offensive coordinator and let Jim just worry about fixing that atrocious defense. It definitely would be sad to see him leave, given with the way our defense has played this season.
I won't be disappointed is Scwartz leaves. We have plenty of talented coaches that could take his place (Washburn, McGinnis) and great personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
If he was disappointed, he would have hoped for a better performance by himself, not called the process of picking the OROTY a joke. But whatever.

And there was some tiny sarcasm in the punk statement. I dont have anything against him or anything lol.
Sorry, I'm bad with E-sarcasm.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I didn't expect you to get it. I should have realized that as I was posting.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Sig!

Bring Fat Al back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deangelo, from now on, use a :P face or something when you make a sarcastic post. I couldn't perceive any sarcasm from your post. Had I gotten here first, I would have reported you for trolling.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet sig aNYtitan.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
ESPN reports that the Browns and Lions have scheduled interviews with Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schawartz. I really hope he doesn't go an take what is a titanic fixer upper with the Lions. If anything, I think the Browns would be a good job to take given you bring in a proven offensive coordinator and let Jim just worry about fixing that atrocious defense. It definitely would be sad to see him leave, given with the way our defense has played this season.
I won't be sad at all to see Schwartz leave.

The defense has been consistently good this season. However, I'm not sure to what extent Schwartz is the reason for that -- rather, I think it has more to do with the continued progression of Cortland Finnegan, Michael Griffin, and Albert Haynesworth (over the past 2 seasons).

While I think Schwartz is a decent defensive coordinator, I personally don't think he's that great, as his schemes are about as vanilla as you could possibly imagine and he NEVER makes any type of adjustment as the game goes on. Personally, as I watch a Titans game, I can guess about 90% of the time EXACTLY what defense the Titans are going to run and even what kind of pressure they're going to bring (on the rare occasion that they bring the blitz). To me, that points to some awfully predictable defensive play-calling. Luckily for us this year, our defensive players have been good enough to excel even in a bland defensive scheme.

If Schwartz leaves, I'd like to see us bring in a defensive coordinator (or promote one) who takes more risks and believes in bringing extra pressure on the QB, aside from just the DL.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need more blitzing from the backers and that wont happen if we keep schwartz
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I think we'd definitely promote from within with either Washburn, Mcginnis or Cecil (Not my idea, but a lot of people are high on him).
Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want to see tully hitting the LOS more going after the QB
Old 01-02-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey just seeing if anyone would like to join the new Forum Mock.
Right now one person has signed up to be the GM of the Titans and there is also an expansion team in this forum mock. So go check it out. Signups are scheduled to end Sunday night.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=28445

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we're officially playing either San Diego or Baltimore next week. Gotta say I'm relieved that the Chargers took Manning and Co. out of the playoffs, as I saw the Colts as a bigger contender than the Chargers.

Personally, I want to play the Chargers. After losing to them twice last season in those two unforgettable games, I want revenge. Plus, them coming all the way from the west coast bodes well for any team out east. Though, beating the crap outta the Ravens would be sweet as well, naturally.

Also, I had a dream last night that we won the Super Bowl. We beat the Giants...handily. Forced two turnovers - a FF and INT. The INT was returned to the house by Griffin. Ah, the best dream of my life...and I've dreamt about boobies before. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Well, we're officially playing either San Diego or Baltimore next week. Gotta say I'm relieved that the Chargers took Manning and Co. out of the playoffs, as I saw the Colts as a bigger contender than the Chargers.

Personally, I want to play the Chargers. After losing to them twice last season in those two unforgettable games, I want revenge. Plus, them coming all the way from the west coast bodes well for any team out east. Though, beating the crap outta the Ravens would be sweet as well, naturally.

Also, I had a dream last night that we won the Super Bowl. We beat the Giants...handily. Forced two turnovers - a FF and INT. The INT was returned to the house by Griffin. Ah, the best dream of my life...and I've dreamt about boobies before. :D
I would actually rather face the Ravens. Classic rivalry, with no love lost between the two teams. Not to mention they set up as a weaker opponent IMO, even though they have a stout defense. Offensively, if you can rattle Flacco, it throws their entire gameplan out the window. I also feel that SD is a much more dangerous team and are setting up to be the dark horse to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The Chargers team who played last night is not a Super Bowl team. Many people made the mistake of falling in love with the Colts despite them not having a running game or defense. They assumed Manning would carry the team because he's the MVP, and that the team's momentum would carry them through. Fact of the matter is that this Indy team is the same type of team they were before they won a Super Bowl - except they could run the ball back then.

The Chargers did what I thought a team had to do to beat Indy, and they still struggled at home. They've won a few games straight, but they weren't playoff caliber teams aside from the Colts. They haven't faced a team with the run game of the Titans and the defense of the Titans. I'm confident against any AFC team.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
The Chargers team who played last night is not a Super Bowl team. Many people made the mistake of falling in love with the Colts despite them not having a running game or defense. They assumed Manning would carry the team because he's the MVP, and that the team's momentum would carry them through. Fact of the matter is that this Indy team is the same type of team they were before they won a Super Bowl - except they could run the ball back then.

The Chargers did what I thought a team had to do to beat Indy, and they still struggled at home. They've won a few games straight, but they weren't playoff caliber teams aside from the Colts. They haven't faced a team with the run game of the Titans and the defense of the Titans. I'm confident against any AFC team.
After dominating the Steelers, I also agree that the Titans can take the best bunch from any team and return it

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

The Colts were definitely the team that worried me the most in the AFC field so I'm happy they're outta here. Now I'd like to play the Chargers in the next round and then the Dolphins in the AFC championship, just because we haven't played those teams yet this season.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really need this team to come through and woop Phillip Rivers!!!

Good luck in the playoffs and congrats on the great year.

I will be cheering for the Titans for the remaining playoffs.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i would much rather face the chargers. Tomlinson has a groind strain and i dont see darren sproles being effective against a quick titans defense. We have a good enough secondary to cover the receivers the only problem comes with gates and im sure we can put chris hope on him.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It's official - Baltimore is coming to Nashville! God this brings back memories...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

It's definitely going to be physical. Hopefully Mawae will be ready to play. We play Saturday right?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saturday 4:30 should be a great game. Lendale needs to step up big because Baltimore takes away speed backs most of the time. Chris Johnson's biggest impact needs to be catching in the flats. Regardless Kerry Collins has to make some downfield plays for the Titans to win.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Short week for the Ravens then. That should help a little as well.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's official - Baltimore is coming to Nashville! God this brings back memories...
Sure does...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bit unrelated but as Titans fans don't you think D-mase has been under appreciated his entire career? I was surprised to hear him so happy this year that he was a 3rd alternate for the pro bowl because it was the first time he was ever even an alternate for the pro bowl as a wideout. Shocking for a guy who has over 10,000 receiving yards and is one of the best yac guys this decade.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

he was one fo my fave titans when i started watching football. i think he is vastly underrated he was one of the best possession receivers going in his day
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I loved D-Mas when he was a Titan. He was a great special teams guy that developed into the only true #1 WR the Titans have ever had. He was a great leader as well and I wish he could've stayed a Titan his whole career.