Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-01-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
how's UM 09 recruiting class looking like as of now?
Very good, but incomplete. The main positions of need were OL and DB, and so far that's been the priority. We still have several scholarships left which will get us some more OL and 1-2 DBs, among other things. I mean you can go look up the commits and the * ratings, but my personal opinion is that we got 2 great corners in Jamal Reid and Brandon McGee, plus a solid athlete in Prince Kent that can be a balanced safety with range. The 3 RBs we're getting are all ridiculous. I'm happy with the talent and positions we went after. Another TE is crucial and Armstrong may fill that role.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
what i'm saying is that to block SEC schools is a bit much.
Then tell the SEC schools to stop tampering with our players and trying to steal our QBs behind our backs.

It's your conference that caused this. Not Randy Shannon.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Shodell just said 85% for both Dye and Armstrong, 50% on Debose and 10% on Big Will Campbell
Old 01-01-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Very good, but incomplete. The main positions of need were OL and DB, and so far that's been the priority. We still have several scholarships left which will get us some more OL and 1-2 DBs, among other things. I mean you can go look up the commits and the * ratings, but my personal opinion is that we got 2 great corners in Jamal Reid and Brandon McGee, plus a solid athlete in Prince Kent that can be a balanced safety with range. The 3 RBs we're getting are all ridiculous. I'm happy with the talent and positions we went after. Another TE is crucial and Armstrong may fill that role.
yea man i've seen some clips of Bryce Brown and he looks like he could be the real deal

The two OL's you've got locked up are HUGE and i'm going to keep my eye on Prince Kent. Props for Shannon for going up to GA and getting Kent.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Matt Shodell just said 85% for both Dye and Armstrong, 50% on Debose and 10% on Big Will Campbell
50 on Debose? Damn, that is alot higher then I ever expected.

You'd think that would have us in the lead wouldn't it. Because the other 50 percent would be split between LSU and UF.

I was also doing some math. I checked over the current roster (minus the transfers). We are expected to bring in a class of 27 and obviously 2 would have to go Prep because we have no schollies from last year that we can use.

Anyways. With all of our commits and current roster included. We have used up 81 scholarships. Max is 85.

Since we are expecting another 10 more commits. That would put us at 91 scholarships. Takes out 2 for Prep guys and that leaves us a 89.

Meaning if Randy intends to sign a class of 27 players like he said, that 4 more guys off the current roster are out the door.

Any guesses as to who they are?

My candidates would be: Courtney Harris, Kylan Robinson, Jared Campbell and Tervaris Johnson.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Brian Kelly asked UM for permission to speak to Marve about coming up to Cincy. Hmm i wonder how that will play out
Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Brian Kelly asked UM for permission to speak to Marve about coming up to Cincy. Hmm i wonder how that will play out
He can go. We aren't stopping him and he already signed the papers. He isn't a Miami player anymore.

But at least Brian Kelly had the decency to ask us. UF, LSU and UT went behind our backs to talk to him.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty nice for the Trio. I get a bad bad feeling that Debose will be a Gator though.

That's pretty shocking to me about Campbell though. With all I read about him, I thought he loved us and we were the team to beat so far. If I had to guess on him, I'd say he's a Trojan.

I'm gonna be so nervous on Saturday and Sunday!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Will Campbell a Trojan? No way, they aren't even in the picture for him.

He's either Michigan or LSU.

Debose will be picking the Gators on Sunday.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have any idea who the most likely replacement at OC might be? I saw a few of you guys mention Koetter. If you had to put money down, who do you think it'd be? Who's the best fit?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Wow, that's pretty nice for the Trio. I get a bad bad feeling that Debose will be a Gator though.

That's pretty shocking to me about Campbell though. With all I read about him, I thought he loved us and we were the team to beat so far. If I had to guess on him, I'd say he's a Trojan.

I'm gonna be so nervous on Saturday and Sunday!
Sure you aren't thinking of Jared Campbell or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
You guys have any idea who the most likely replacement at OC might be? I saw a few of you guys mention Koetter. If you had to put money down, who do you think it'd be? Who's the best fit?
Koetter is being mentioned because he was Randy's 1st choice 2 years ago but turned us down to go to the NFL.

Chudzinski is the only one that has been confirmed by any level to be of interest to us but that was more by the head of the school because of the job he did here. No way to know if Randy has any interest.

But in reality, no one knows and anyone that says they know is lying. Randy hasn't talked to anyone. He has a shortlist that he keeps to himself.

Some of the candidates that have been throw out by fans are:

- Dirk Koetter (OC for the Jacksonville Jags)
- Rob Chudzinski (OC for the Cleveland Browns)
- Chuck Long (HC for San Diego State)

I doubt it will be Chud and I'm not sure Chuck Long would leave SDS for just a OC position.

There will be other names coming out soon that none of us are even considering.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marve's dad has cancer.

http://www.miamiherald.com/606/story/835090.html

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very unfortunate. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. May God be kind enough to me to allow me and my family to avoid such a thing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major Applewhite is becoming a candidate.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Major Applewhite is becoming a candidate.
i'd like that move. i thought he did a good job at Bama in 2007 considering the talent that he was working with (that loss to Louis. Monroe not withstanding). Should he be the first choice as OC? No, but i think he'd be a good OC if he was able to get the job
Old 01-02-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Does anyone think that the loss of TJ Bryant and Patrick Johnson is going to REALLY hurt this team next year? Brandon Harris is the only CB worth a damn and as much as I like McGee, we shouldn't be throwing freshman out there every damn year.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone think that the loss of TJ Bryant and Patrick Johnson is going to REALLY hurt this team next year? Brandon Harris is the only CB worth a damn and as much as I like McGee, we shouldn't be throwing freshman out there every damn year.
We hit more important positions of need last season like QB, WR, DL and LB and rightfully so. Some positions were going to suffer for it. OL and CB were the ones that did. Price of Coker recruiting I'm afraid.

We will be fine as long as all the studs on the DL mature like we expect. We have enough with DVD and Grant to get by until the young guys mature.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Losing Patrick Johnson hurts no matter what. The guy is just ridiculously athletic and talented.

But our CB situation isn't that bad. As long as Harris and Grant improve a bit, and stay healthy, we'll be fine. I think we're worse off at safety where we have guys who couldn't beat out Anthony Reddick now being forced into duty. A healthy Telemaque/Phillips duo is somewhat intriguing.

I don't think McGee/Reid are ready just yet but I'm excited about both. Just try to avoid nickel situations so DVD can stay on the bench.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck Long got fired, I'm pretty sure he's jobless right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Losing Patrick Johnson hurts no matter what. The guy is just ridiculously athletic and talented.

But our CB situation isn't that bad. As long as Harris and Grant improve a bit, and stay healthy, we'll be fine. I think we're worse off at safety where we have guys who couldn't beat out Anthony Reddick now being forced into duty. A healthy Telemaque/Phillips duo is somewhat intriguing.

I don't think McGee/Reid are ready just yet but I'm excited about both. Just try to avoid nickel situations so DVD can stay on the bench.
We should try to keep Grant off the field, too.

He's one of the worst run supporting corners I have ever seen in my life. Every big run to the sidelines went directly at #24.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Good point. I had coverage on my mind and I thought he was our best cover corner this year. Run support never crossed my mind.

But every corner on our team not named Armour is one of the worst run supporting corners I've ever seen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Let me ask you guys a question: on offense who has the most pro potential regardless of what class they are in?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Good point. I had coverage on my mind and I thought he was our best cover corner this year. Run support never crossed my mind.

But every corner on our team not named Armour is one of the worst run supporting corners I've ever seen.
Yeah. I love Brandon Harris but he ain't Antoine Winfield out there. DVD regressed exponentially. This is why I think Prince Kent could get a look at corner. Not full time, but some looks.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Good question. Probably Aldarius Johnson or LaRon Byrd. Both have good size and skills at WR. Jason Fox is up there if he has a good Senior year.

For the most part our players are better college players than pro prospects.

sig by BoneKrusher