Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who would you take any givin sunday
RAVENS 54 68.35%
TITANS 25 31.65%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
All of that stuff about the Titans have a better offense to get their team off of the field more and blah, blah, blah.....

Ravens: 24.1 pts per game, 324 yds, 175.5 passing yds per game, 148.5 rushing yards per game

Titans: 23.4 pts per game, 313.6 yds, 176.2 passing yds per game, 137.4 rushing yards per game

The Ravens offense was better in every stat except for passing yards per game, and they only lost out by .7 yds per game there.

So we've established....
- Titans defense allows fewer points per game
- Titans defense creates more big plays
- Titans defense carries a lesser offense
- Titans defense helped win more games and lock up the #1 playoff seed in the AFC
- Titans defense beat the Ravens defense head-to-head AT Baltimore

Therefore 49-18 prefers the Ravens defense......

So basically if anyone picks the Ravens D their wrong then right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm, for me for some reason I'd take Titans D for this game

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All of that stuff about the Titans have a better offense to get their team off of the field more and blah, blah, blah.....

Ravens: 24.1 pts per game, 324 yds, 175.5 passing yds per game, 148.5 rushing yards per game

Titans: 23.4 pts per game, 313.6 yds, 176.2 passing yds per game, 137.4 rushing yards per game

The Ravens offense was better in every stat except for passing yards per game, and they only lost out by .7 yds per game there.

So we've established....
- Titans defense allows fewer points per game
- Titans defense creates more big plays
- Titans defense carries a lesser offense
- Titans defense helped win more games and lock up the #1 playoff seed in the AFC
- Titans defense beat the Ravens defense head-to-head AT Baltimore

Therefore 49-18 prefers the Ravens defense......
your team barely holds teams to less points.
your team gets more sacks.
your offense i wouldnt say is less more of even
your defense havent won more games than ours (the one in baltimore was an offensive drive that won that. and also got a bulshit roughing the passer call that i dont care about anymore but still remember)
your defense dont have Ed Reed lol :)
We have a rookie QB and HC your team has veteran both
we have fullback starting

its easy to come up with things that make sense i mean i understand why people are choosing the ravens i have got to watch them since they were a team. but i can agree i thought it would be a little closer.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
it comes down to playmakers and IMO we have more. who are you going to depend on to come up big more than anyone??? i say ed reed what do you guys think??
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playmakers is a good reason to pick a D, but it will come down gameplanning. That's one way to negate some of the playmakers on both sides, assuming we are going to say Titans have some too.

How many teams are going to break tendencies?

Are they going to break any or run the same stuff they ran throughout the season?

Honestly, it's going to come down the coaches and their specific gameplans which the players, obviously must execute.

This is why any team can win or any given day, having sick players is obviously a luxury, but my interest is in both teams gameplans.What are you going to do to break tendencies on both sides of the ball? That to me is key!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Playmakers is a good reason to pick a D, but it will come down gameplanning. That's one way to negate some of the playmakers on both sides, assuming we are going to say Titans have some too.

How many teams are going to break tendencies?

Are they going to break any or run the same stuff they ran throughout the season?

Honestly, it's going to come down the coaches and their specific gameplans which the players, obviously must execute.

This is why any team can win or any given day, having sick players is obviously a luxury, but my interest is in both teams gameplans.What are you going to do to break tendencies on both sides of the ball? That to me is key!
agreed alot of us including me have not been giving our coaches enough credit its going to come down to game planning +rep on that good post

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
No, I never said that. I've stated myself that it's a close call. I'm just very confused as to why the voting is so one sided in the end when the facts indicate that the Titans have a slightly better defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
your team barely holds teams to less points. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
your team gets more sacks. Yes
your offense i wouldnt say is less more of even Statistically the Ravens have a better offense therefore the Titans have a lesser offense.
your defense havent won more games than ours (the one in baltimore was an offensive drive that won that. and also got a bulshit roughing the passer call that i dont care about anymore but still remember) So you admit then that your defense collapsed at the end of the game to a very mediocre offense regardless of whether or not the penalty was warranted. And that's a debate for another day.
your defense dont have Ed Reed lol :) Your defense doesn't have Albert Haynesworth. So nah nah nah nah boo boo
We have a rookie QB and HC your team has veteran both Your rookie QB has better stats than our veteran QB so that doesn't really matter.
we have fullback starting So do we. Most teams do.

its easy to come up with things that make sense i mean i understand why people are choosing the ravens i have got to watch them since they were a team. but i can agree i thought it would be a little closer.
Quote:
it comes down to playmakers and IMO we have more. who are you going to depend on to come up big more than anyone??? i say ed reed what do you guys think??
The Titans have plenty of play makers. Keith Bulluck, Chris Hope, Cortland Finnegan, Michael Griffin, Albert Haynesworth, KVB, Tony Brown, Jacob Ford..... etc.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, I never said that. I've stated myself that it's a close call. I'm just very confused as to why the voting is so one sided in the end when the facts indicate that the Titans have a slightly better defense.

The Titans have plenty of play makers. Keith Bulluck, Chris Hope, Cortland Finnegan, Michael Griffin, Albert Haynesworth, KVB, Tony Brown, Jacob Ford..... etc.
ok so your saying you would take my offense over yours
we have ngata and hes not as far apart from fat al as any of your safeties are from ed reed
our defense i was tired we were on the field a long time that game so yes we didnt have a last drive collapse
we have a fullback starting at HB lol guess i had that one coming

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we have ngata and hes not as far apart from fat al as any of your safeties are from ed reed
I was just poking fun because to say that your defense is better simply because you have Ed Reed is a joke to me. Ed Reed is one of the top 5 defensive players in the NFL but so is Albert Haynesworth so it's a trade off. Ngata is very good but you're underrating Michael Griffin and the rest of the Titans defense not only as a unit, but as individual play makers.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh lawd more homer battles

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
oh lawd more homer battles

Oh well, hopefully they'll back me up this Saturday. I didn't start this thread by the way. I'm only arguing because of the lopsidedness of the vote and because I think my team deserves a little more respect.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

YEA its def a homer battle and i think your team is very good defensivly and i think that your safetys are good as well i just dont think that there even close to ed reed.

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/W/O
I disagree. It's true that Ed Reed is the best playmaker out of the players on both teams, but him being the best doesn't mean Baltimore makes more plays. As a team, I'd say the Titans have the most playmakers from top to bottom. Michael Griffin is t-2nd in the NFL with 7 INT's, Cortland Finnegan is t-6th with 5 INT's, and Chris Hope is t-13th with 4 INT's. Ed Reed leads the NFL in INT's with 9, but the closest ones tp him on the Ravens DEF is Ray Lewis, Chris McCallister, and Samari Rolle with 3 INT's a piece. Ravens have the #1 player, but the Titans have player ranked 2-4.

Ed Reed is the best safety in the game, but Michael Griffin has been an exceptional ball hawk this season as well. Griffin had a INT TD, compared to Reed's 2 INT TD's. Griffin had a 24.6 INT return average, compared to Reed's 29.3 INT return average. Griffin has been spectacular this season, especially considering he's only in his second season. He is to Reed as Ngata is to Haynesworth.

I think it's when you look past the star players like Reed and Haynesworth and look at the guys who aren't going to the Pro Bowl or receiving the attention from the media.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-06-2009 at 03:30 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh well, hopefully they'll back me up this Saturday. I didn't start this thread by the way. I'm only arguing because of the lopsidedness of the vote and because I think my team deserves a little more respect.
yea well i made this thread because i think this is a great match up for both teams and im sure all of us are scared for our offenses lol but i will keep saying i think it shouldnt be so unanimous but hey THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN LOL:)

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course i will pick the ravens, but one thing people forget to mention is that the ravens are missing our starting NT/DE and CB in Kelly Gregg and Chris McAllister. Kelly Gregg is a beast and truly one of the most underappreciated players in the league and when healthy, McAllister is an elite CB

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

well i guess you can look at it that way but me and someone else had a argument about this years def so thats what started this thread

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
of course i will pick the ravens, but one thing people forget to mention is that the ravens are missing our starting NT/DE and CB in Kelly Gregg and Chris McAllister. Kelly Gregg is a beast and truly one of the most underappreciated players in the league and when healthy, McAllister is an elite CB
Well, the Titans have been missing KVB (one of the best all-around DE's in the game) and Eric King (our 3rd CB which usually plays an important role in the Titans defense) and not to mention Haynesworth has been out a few weeks.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I disagree. It's true that Ed Reed is the best playmaker out of the players on both teams, but him being the best doesn't mean Baltimore makes more plays. As a team, I'd say the Titans have the most playmakers from top to bottom. Michael Griffin is t-2nd in the NFL with 7 INT's, Cortland Finnegan is t-6th with 5 INT's, and Chris Hope is t-13th with 4 INT's. Ed Reed leads the NFL in INT's with 9, but the closest ones tp him on the Ravens DEF is Ray Lewis, Chris McCallister, and Samari Rolle with 3 INT's a piece. Ravens have the #1 player, but the Titans have player ranked 2-4.

Ed Reed is the best safety in the game, but Michael Griffin has been an exceptional ball hawk this season as well. Griffin had a INT TD, compared to Reed's 2 INT TD's. Griffin had a 24.6 INT return average, compared to Reed's 29.3 INT return average. Griffin has been spectacular this season, especially considering he's only in his second season. He is to Reed as Ngata is to Haynesworth.

I think it's when you look past the star players like Reed and Haynesworth and look at the guys who aren't going to the Pro Bowl or receiving the attention from the media.
the bolded statement is very true. A good defense is made up of a solid core of players. A really good defense has those playmakers. We have seen on both the Titans and the Ravens that both have really solid players everywhere. At least on the Ravens side, Jim Leonhard showed that he is a solid nfl player during the miami game. We have blue collar guys like Justin Bannan and Jarrett Johnson. Big guys: Haloti Ngata & Trevor Price. Speed Guys: Fabian Washington & Samari Rolle. Pass Rushing Specialists: Terrell Suggs & Jim Leonhard from the saftey spot. Coverage LB's in Bart Scott and A leader named Ray Lewis

stars make a solid group of players into an elite group. and both teams are like this

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, the Titans have been missing KVB (one of the best all-around DE's in the game) and Eric King (our 3rd CB which usually plays an important role in the Titans defense) and not to mention Haynesworth has been out a few weeks.
stop that!!!!!! everyone has been mentioning KVB and fat al no one has said anything about greg or cmac but thats because there injured most of the year

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
the bolded statement is very true. A good defense is made up of a solid core of players. A really good defense has those playmakers. We have seen on both the Titans and the Ravens that both have really solid players everywhere. At least on the Ravens side, Jim Leonhard showed that he is a solid nfl player during the miami game. We have blue collar guys like Justin Bannan and Jarrett Johnson. Big guys: Haloti Ngata & Trevor Price. Speed Guys: Fabian Washington & Samari Rolle. Pass Rushing Specialists: Terrell Suggs & Jim Leonhard from the saftey spot. Coverage LB's in Bart Scott and A leader named Ray Lewis

stars make a solid group of players into an elite group. and both teams are like this
well said my friend well said

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
stop that!!!!!! everyone has been mentioning KVB and fat al no one has said anything about greg or cmac but thats because there injured most of the year
Hey now, I'm just bringing up key Titans injuries that should be pointed out as well. KVB has actually been out for quite some time.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hey now, I'm just bringing up key Titans injuries that should be pointed out as well. KVB has actually been out for quite some time.
yea it sucks they will be back for saturday lol

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KVB only played one series in the Titans/Ravens game in Week 5, and without him the Ravens were able to contain Haynesworth (Grubbs did an excellent job). I'm anxious to see how the Titans DL does in the rematch now that KVB is back and Jacob Ford has emerged as a the best pass-rusher behind Fat Al and KVB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

yea theres alot of differences in the teams from that game so it will be fun to watch. the ravens are hot right now well the defense is and flacco is so much better (not saying he will go lights out sat.)

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think Samari Rolle was out that game too, and McCallister was healthy then. Kinda ironic that now Rolle is healthy, and McCallister is out.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.