Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to barf.

UL shot out of their mind on their home floor and it still took a prayer at the end to beat us.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC lost to BC!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hell yeah BC, my school, pulling off the upset. An almost perfect game from the majority of the team. I'm a little worried about a let down as after the next non-conference game against Harvard they take on Miami and Wake back to back, though at least their both at home. As for UNC, I feel bad for the College of Charleston, they're a good team but will stand ZERO chance in that game. Hell hath no fury like a Tar Heel scorned.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
UNC lost to BC!
Dammit...

Get those out of the system now...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stan Heath was awful at Arkansas, that program is built to have a good basketball team and Pelphrey is showing it now. Some of the best fans in the country.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Stan Heath was awful at Arkansas, that program is built to have a good basketball team and Pelphrey is showing it now. Some of the best fans in the country.
Plus he's got Lil Wayne playing for him, which is nice

Who knew he was actually a freshman point guard named Courtney Fortson?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Plus he's got Lil Wayne playing for him, which is nice.

Who knew he was actually a freshman point guard named Courtney Fortson?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Purdue loses another Big Ten game to go 0-2. Granted their were shorthanded without Hummel or Chris Kramer but they have dissapointed me overall so far this year, I thought they were going to be a lot better.

Losing to Penn State is a pretty bad loss, although if the season ended today Talor Battle would be my Big 10 Player of the Year. 18 PPG and 5.1 APG, although the most impressive stat is probably his 6.1 RPG at 5'11.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Purdue is very overrated i have not been impressed by them at all.

Michigan State IMO looks like the best big ten team now that Suton is back

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Varnado is a monster but too bad his supporting cast is gone and Stansbury can't coach.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Varnado is a monster but too bad his supporting cast is gone and Stansbury can't coach.
This is 100% true. I feel bad for Jarvis he's a beast out there.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Purdue is very overrated i have not been impressed by them at all.

Michigan State IMO looks like the best big ten team now that Suton is back
Right state, wrong team :D
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I see correctly that Marcus Monk still has 2 years of eligibility left in basketball after this season. If he can't get a degree after 8-9 years of college then I have lost all faith in college
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Did I see correctly that Marcus Monk still has 2 years of eligibility left in basketball after this season. If he can't get a degree after 8-9 years of college then I have lost all faith in college
wait what the hell? Is this the same marcus monk that played football for the and was drafted in the NFL?

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he was an arkansas wideout...playing basktball now
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Well Mississippi State finishes the Non conference slate 10-5. SOme really bad losses to Charlotte and San Diego in there and we failed to notch a marquee win over Cincy, Texas Tech and Washington State. And we start off with red hot arkansas in conference play. Son of a *****

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
he was an arkansas wideout...playing basktball now

And he can go back to school?

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And he can go back to school?
Yup. It was some weird loophole.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Right state, wrong team :D
I like Michigan and the duo of Harris and Sims is the best in the big ten, and though they might be the best offensive team in the big ten they also are one of the worst defensively. Their lack of a true big man worries me when they have to face Mullens and Suton (although they did fine against 7 foot mike tisdale)

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin shut down Mammy Harris and held that Michigan offense to 61.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I like Michigan and the duo of Harris and Sims is the best in the big ten, and though they might be the best offensive team in the big ten they also are one of the worst defensively. Their lack of a true big man worries me when they have to face Mullens and Suton (although they did fine against 7 foot mike tisdale)
They are THE worst defensively. They also, as you said, have a major lack of size. Mullens sucks, but I think Suton could have some big games. Until they get a serviceable big man, they will continue to be an average team.

However, Michigan being ranked in the 2nd season of the Beilein experiment is beyond amazing considering the level of talent that he has to work with.

EDIT: I wasn't serious when I said UM was a better team.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What pisses me off about Beilein is like Ovy in the NHL thread, he really doesn't teach defense at all. He has a very good offensive mind but I'd like to see him focus on the defensive part of his system.

Manny Harris is a beast and some of your other guys have really stepped up this year. Pretty disappointed we lost at Ann Arbor, but we do get you again at home in about a week with hopefully everyone back to full health. Davis was sick as a dog and Chester's groin was messed up, although you couldn't tell with that monstrous dunk he had. :D

Big 10 Basketball appears to be back though. Purdue, Michigan, MSU, Ohio State, Wisky, Minnesota, Illinois...What looks to be 7 strong teams for now and the future...And now with Penn State possibly coming along as well, that's 8 deep.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke vs. Stephen Curry tonight. I took Davidson plus 14, hopefully Curry goes off!

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Michigan's defense is pretty horrible. I watched the Wisconsin game and they just tore it up.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are in for something special tonight at Cameron, so if I was you I'd be watching.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote