Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-01-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kenny Britt?

I watched some highlights on youtube on this guy and he looked like that physical deep threat type guy we need in Baltimore. Hes around 6-4 215 lbs. I do think he's a bit inconsistent but that can change. I think if Heyward-Bey in gone by our pick, Britt in a nice "plan B" Hes got all the tools and is the type of WR we need here in Bmore. Anymore details on him? I really wanna know more on this kid.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dunno much about him but he sounds kinda like Clarence Moore.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
okpokalypse

Kenny Britt is going to be a great acquisition for any team that gets him. He's a 6'4" 215 Lb WR in the NCAA, which means he'll be more like a 6'4", 220+ Lb WR in the NFL with a weight program. He's got great physical tools for his position in leaping ability, body control, hands and speed.

The knocks on his are often the following:
- Lacks game-breaking speed.
- Isn't Physical Enough
- Lacks Character.

I haven't heard his consistency as an issue. He drops very few balls thrown his way, and is an excellent route runner. He's been Rutgers go-to WR for the past 2 years. In his 29 Career Starts, he's averaged 101.7 Yards per Game and gotten 18 Total TDs. Few BCS Conference WRs have a single year in the NCAA where they average 100 YpG - and Britt averaged it over 3. He broke Larry Fitgerald's Big East Yardage Record (3,043), and tied him for most 100-yard games (14) as a WR.

As for the issues...

The issue of Game-Breaking Speed is an absolute non-issue. He's got it. If you ask me, he's going to run mid 4.4s at the combine. He's tall and has a very long stride so it doesn't look like he's fast, but believe me, he is. Look at this clip as an example: Britt v. USF Highlights. Specifically look at :45 into the clip where he breaks a 93 yard TD. South Florida has very fast DBs, and he was distancing himself from them, after taking a mean shot and keeping his footing.

Him not being Physical enough is a matter of perspective. He was never called on to run corner end-zone routes, and that has tainted his perception. It's just the way the Rutgers offense was run. They relied on WR speed and crossing routes to confuse defenses and create openings. Red-Zone corner fades were not part of the playbook. Britt however is very physical. He can take a hit better than most. He can keep his feet after hits.

He can also lay a hit like few WRs can... Britt Block. While that's a rather vicious block, he's very consistent in blocking DBs and OLBs on outside runs. He's got tremendous upper body strength for his lean frame. I've also never seen a NCAA DB successfully jam him at the Line in 3 years. He's got good hand-work to shed blocks and the strength to run through holds. The fade-routes will come in time. He just needs to be in an offense where he's called on to run and practice them.

As for Character, this could be a bit of an issue. When Rutgers started 0-3 he made some inappropriate comments and was late to a practice. He was suspended a game (v. Morgan State) and the Coaches had a sit down to discuss it with him. After that there were no more problems. He's been labelled a prima-donna by some, but that's not really the heart of it. The problem is that he is hyper competitive and when his team's not winning he runs off at the mouth and sulks. Kinda reminds me of an early TO before the Ego kicked in. Britt doesn't have an ego. He's a good team player - but he can be susceptable to frustration, and that can lead to some stupidity if he's not reigned in. Hopefully some maturity cures that. Even after two more losses (Rutgers at 1-5) he was behaving properly and showed maturity and leadership - so hopefully that's a good sign.

IMO, Britt's the #2 WR in this class after Crabtree, and that's only because Crabtree's more polished in a red-zone offense. Britt is faster and just as athletic. He's taller and I'd wager he's got a better Vertical Jump as well. This last year he was also more productive compared to Crabtree despite Crabtree playing in a Spread offense (in a horrible defensive Conference) and Britt playing in a traditional NFL-style Offense. Britt should grade out as a mid 1st Round WR, but he'll likely be ranked behind the Heyward Bey and Nicks WRs - going 4th or 5th at the position.

I personally think he'll go earliest to either the Ravens or the Giants in the 1st, and he'll go no later than the Eagles in the 2nd Round.

Last edited by okpokalypse : 01-07-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love, he reminds me alot of a more dangerous Anquan Boldin. Id love him in Bmore.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I love, he reminds me alot of a more dangerous Anquan Boldin. Id love him in Bmore.
A more dangerous version than Anquan? So you think Britt is going to be the best wideout in the NFL? considering Q is top 5.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I'm not as huge on Britt as others. I see alot of people that are in love with him as a prospect, I'm not as sold. He's just a bit unspectacular for me, he doesn't do anything that really blows me away, like DHB, Maclin, Crabtree, and Harvin, all who are/should be first round prospects.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I'm not as huge on Britt as others. I see alot of people that are in love with him as a prospect, I'm not as sold. He's just a bit unspectacular for me, he doesn't do anything that really blows me away, like DHB, Maclin, Crabtree, and Harvin, all who are/should be first round prospects.
I have to agree with you on that. I don't really want him unless there aren't any other prospects available that are worth taking for the Ravens, but with the depth at corner I think there will be at least one guy there that would be a better pick than Britt. His character flaws concern me, I think I read somewhere that he wasn't giving any effort early in the year when Rutgers was losing.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
A more dangerous version than Anquan? So you think Britt is going to be the best wideout in the NFL? considering Q is top 5.
No, I didnt mean better, sorry bout that. I meant he plays alot like Boldin but hes much more dangerous deep threat in my mind. Overall Boldin's way way better but I think Britt can stretch the field better.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say Heyward bey or a TE
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we draft Heyward Bey. That would be a good for us in our system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote