Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 12-12-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers' 2010 Draft

We have 2 situations here, if we do make the playoffs we get a higher pick where I can see us getting Duke and the other situation we get the early pick. I dont see us really needing because of the positions we need and no one there is worth picking that early. Like i said in the other thread we could trade back acquire more picks and pick up Duke or Rey. I kinda hope we dont make the playoffs because Honestly I dont see us getting past the wild card, games where we are on point and than games where we just plain out get worked on both sides of the field, inconsistent.

What do you think about both situations?

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning : 02-13-2012 at 11:48 AM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Safety? If Taylor Mays is available, I don't see how AJ can justify passing on him. He's got the physical gifts to justify a 1st round pick, and it addresses a severe, severe need. Mays is the best coverage safety in the nation.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but id like to get more picks since we have so many needs.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yeah but id like to get more picks since we have so many needs.

I would too, but I don't want to bypass good players. Lets look at the situation.

Right now, I say they finish 7-9. We will either lose Sunday or at Tampa and beat Denver assuming they rest key players. That would net something like the #12-15 pick.

To me, that seems like a prime spot for lots of defensive talent - players like Orakpo, Hardy, Marks and both 1st round safeties are available in Wright's mock (and it's still early, really early). I could see any of those guys fitting into the system.

Back in 2003 the Chargers made a big mistake in trading down from #15 to #30 and in doing so, missed out of Troy Polamalu in favor of Davis, Florence, and Kiel, none of whom are still on the team.

Say the Chargers lose two games, that would put them, probably in the back end of the top 10. Now I'm starting to agree, that this is somewhat of a no-mans land. Problem is, I don't think teams would jump at the oportunity to move up to #9 or #10 when all the top offensive lineman and QB's will probably be gone.

If they tank and lose out, definitely get out of that slot (although wouldn't Smith or Oher make it interesting? McNeill could maybe play RT)
Old 12-12-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Yeah we had so many options this year and who knows what AJ will do but I trust he will make the right decision. And back to the safety issue brings me back to last year when i really want to draft Kenny Phillips and we draft Cason, Im not saying Cason was a bad pick but that Kenny Phillips pick wouldve solved the problem we have right now. But thats just me ranting :p

Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's relatively unknown amongst the casual football fans but Syracuse Jr DT Arthur Jones would be a perfect fit in San Diego in the first round. Right now he's considered to be a late 1st round pick if he declared and I feel with good workouts he could move up a bit and be the 3-4 DE the defense is really needing right now
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Just looked him up, listed at 6'4 291. He can gain weight but I have my eye on Ron Brace if he can fall to us in later rounds.

Ron Brace 6'3 324

Old 12-17-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Just looked him up, listed at 6'4 291. He can gain weight but I have my eye on Ron Brace if he can fall to us in later rounds.

Ron Brace 6'3 324
6'4" 291 is perfect for a 3-4 DE especially with the assignments San Diego gives them. To me, Arthur Jones is a Luis Castillo clone which would be perfect for the Chargers. I think all of the issues at MLB would be solved with an upgrade at DE.

Ron Brace is entirely too big to play DE for the Chargers. The Chargers like to get some pass rush from their 3-4 DEs.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

oh my bad i was reading it wrong i thought you got him to be out NT

Old 12-26-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to either get either Raji, Mays/Moore, or maybe a LB.

Really depends on how we do this week vs. Denver...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that we should consider Phil Loadholt as a possibility. McNeil and Loadholt for the next decade protecting Rivers would be pretty sweet. Also, I agree that BJ Raji would help giving JWilliams a rest because our defense suffered at the beginning of the season when he was banged up. The 34 nose is the most important position on the field. There are a ton of possibilities for us this year because it is a year devoid of skill position players and loaded with LBs, OLs, DLs, and S.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
I think that we should consider Phil Loadholt as a possibility. McNeil and Loadholt for the next decade protecting Rivers would be pretty sweet. Also, I agree that BJ Raji would help giving JWilliams a rest because our defense suffered at the beginning of the season when he was banged up. The 34 nose is the most important position on the field. There are a ton of possibilities for us this year because it is a year devoid of skill position players and loaded with LBs, OLs, DLs, and S.
Do the Chargers have a 2nd round pick this year? I can't remember if they traded it already. If so It'd be an interesting possibility. Although the staff is very happy about Clary at RT for some reason.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

We traded our 2nd away for Jacob Hester last year....

Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I definitely do not want Loadholt. His quickness is way below average for the NFL. If we thought Marcus McNeil and Clary struggled with the Mathis/Freeney, wait until you see Loadholt against those speed types from Indy, or Derrick Burgess, or any other flexible speed rushers around the AFC.

I still want a safety first and foremost, but it looks like Mays will be long gone now. He seems primed to go in the top 10, and if he falls, I bet the Broncos take him just so that he doesn't fall to #16. I don't like Moore that much, and it seems high for Rashad Johnson. I'd rather take someone like Courtney Greene in round 3 and let him compete with Gregory or Oliver.

I think getting OL help is more likely, or (hopefully) DL help, namely someone who can play 3-4 DE and rush the passer. I'm not worried about Jamal yet. He is playing as well as he ever has and those huge 350 pounders can sometimes last for a while - see Ted Washington and Pat Williams. However I wouldn't be surprised if we took a RB in round one and nobody should be. Sproles looks like he's gone. I don't see any way he turns down the opportunity to start, if it presents itself. I don't like it, but it might be Moreno at #16. I'd rather have Donald Brown, Jeremiah Johnson, or Shonn Green later in the draft, but I really have a bad feeling it could be Moreno at #16.

But if the Chargers somehow make the Superbowl and are picking at #31 or #32.... great! Party time! I won't give a damn who A.J. takes. He could take Chase Daniel to play backup FB with pick #32 and I wouldn't care.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

I like Raji the most right now because good NT's are so rare. The last good one to come out of the draft was Wilfork in '04. I think we can get a good RT later in the draft. I don't think LB is a huge concern but I agree that safety is. I also think we have to draft a HB fairly high.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I definitely do not want Loadholt. His quickness is way below average for the NFL. If we thought Marcus McNeil and Clary struggled with the Mathis/Freeney, wait until you see Loadholt against those speed types from Indy, or Derrick Burgess, or any other flexible speed rushers around the AFC.

I think getting OL help is more likely, or (hopefully) DL help, namely someone who can play 3-4 DE and rush the passer. I'm not worried about Jamal yet. He is playing as well as he ever has and those huge 350 pounders can sometimes last for a while - see Ted Washington and Pat Williams. However I wouldn't be surprised if we took a RB in round one and nobody should be. Sproles looks like he's gone. I don't see any way he turns down the opportunity to start, if it presents itself. I don't like it, but it might be Moreno at #16. I'd rather have Donald Brown, Jeremiah Johnson, or Shonn Green later in the draft, but I really have a bad feeling it could be Moreno at #16.
After watching Loadholt against Florida I tend to agree with you; but this seems to be a year where Oline and DLine are very deep. I haven't considered taking a RB in the first but that is a very deep position this year and AJ has shown that he is willing to take the best player on the board regardless of position ( See Cromartie, Antonio and Cason, Antoine). At this point the only 1st rounder he has whiffed on seems to be Craig "BUSTer" Davis. Having 2 RBs is the sexy thing to do now; but I do hope that it will later rather than earlier. AJ and the late great John Butler have selected two impact in the 4th round so hopefully we can wait and find another diamond in the rough. James Davis or "Shady" McCoy? Possibly Javon Ringer?

Last edited by zdh87 : 01-10-2009 at 01:20 PM.
zdh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
After watching Loadholt against Florida I tend to agree with you; but this seems to be a year where Oline and DLine are very deep. I haven't considered taking a RB in the first but that is a very deep position this year and AJ has shown that he is willing to take the best player on the board regardless of position ( See Cromartie, Antonio and Cason, Antoine). At this point the only 1st rounder he has whiffed on seems to be Craig "BUSTer" Davis. Having 2 RBs is the sexy thing to do now; but I do hope that it will later rather than earlier. AJ and the late great John Butler have selected two impact in the 4th round so hopefully we can wait and find another diamond in the rough. James Davis or "Shady" McCoy? Possibly Javon Ringer?
I was thinking the same thing

Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who would you draft?

Who should the San Diego Chargers go after? I think the San Diego Chargers biggest needs are running back, safety and linebacker. what do you think we need and who should we go after? I think we should resign Sproles and Meriman

Round 1: Knowshown Moreno
Round 2:
Round 3:

I think Knowshown Moreno would be perfect splitting carries with Sproles, do you think he is worth a first round pick for us?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1: Sintim
2a: Britt
2b: BPA, preferably a DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, you're not a noob but this is in a way wrong forum. I think they need o-line help pronto though.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Damn, you're not a noob but this is in a way wrong forum. I think they need o-line help pronto though.

haha sorry man, I thought I was in the Chargers forum. my bad.
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Round 1: Sintim
2a: Britt
2b: BPA, preferably a DE
If you were the Arizona Cardinals, you'd draft Kenny Britt. :D

But that aside, would he really fit a need seeing as how they have Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
i'm just as bad not reading the words "San Diego Chargers"...

**** me right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
haha sorry man, I thought I was in the Chargers forum. my bad.
No worries, just sayin'. lol
Old 01-11-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm just as bad not reading the words "San Diego Chargers"...

**** me right?
Haha, yeah, I was wondering about your post and seriously trying to gauge the possibility of you suggesting Britt for any team not named Los Gigantes.