Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-03-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Location: grew up in Willmar, MN, but go to school in Mankato
Do you know Juno?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're not a Vikings fan, please don't post here. Sorry folks. ESPECIALLY if you have nothing to add to the conversation.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
If you're not a Vikings fan, please don't post here. Sorry folks. ESPECIALLY if you have nothing to add to the conversation.
When have certain Lion fans who post on here ever added anything to the conversation? :)
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How am I trolling? I just wanted to introduce myself. Get the stick out yo ass.
There is no stick in my ass.... just wondering why you are acting like an ass (whether its the smart or dumb kind) in a thread that you have no business contributing to.

That's all.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-Time Favorite Viking : Before Chris Carter, now AD and Jared Allen

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : I've been planning to spend 1000$ for plane, tickets and hotel for a while. For some reason, my wife is not so hot about the idea :) So Maybe next year...

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : AD's record game against the Chargers last year.

Worst Vikings moment : A certain missed field goal by Gary Anderson in 98...

What got you into the Vikings : In 93, when Warren Moon was traded to Minnessota. He was my favorite player at the time and i switched team to follow him. I've been rooting for the Vikings since then.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : I don't follow college football that much. So every year, i just hope that people that know more than me about it make the good choices.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Everyone. I'm a fairly new poster. I'm 21 years old and a huge Viking fan and season ticket holder. I live in the Twin Cities area and try to get to at least 6 games each season.

Who Got Me Started: My Buddies. I was a Cowboy when I was really young.
Favorite Players: Adrian Peterson & Jared Allen
Favorite All Time Player: Cris Carter & Jimmy Hitchcock
Least Favorite Player: Gary Anderson
Most Memorable Game I've Been to: 2007 vs. San Diego, Adrian Sets the Rushing Record.
Favorite Pick That Ended Up Sucking: Don't Really Have One, Although I wanted Mike Williams in '05 and look how that worked out.
Least Favorite Pick That Actually Worked Out: Kevin Williams, I wanted Suggs badly and was so confused when we "missed" our pick.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

City: Shakopee
Fav Viking: Randy Moss
Fav Games: Moss going for 163 and 3 TD's against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving or AD breaking the rushing record vs SD.
Fav Draft Pick that suck: Both 2005 first round picks. I thought we had our deep threat in Williamson and our pass rusher in James... guess not.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

All-Time Favorite Vikings: John Randle, Adrian Peterson, and Jared Allen

How I got into Vikings: Hometown team

Favorite Vikings game of all-time: When Moss tore up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving

Favorite Draft Pick who ended up sucking: Another vote for Erasmus. Thought he was a Top-5 talent who only slipped because of durability concerns. They turned out to be warranted.
BlueBandit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
mittyvike

All-Time Favorite Viking : Chris Carter

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? never :(
Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Any game we beat the packers

Worst Vikings moment : When the vikings missed the playoffs in 1998

What got you into the Vikings : my father

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Troy Williamson. supposed to take over for randy moss. he sucked
Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
msealy2
Rookie

msealy2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All-time favorite Vikings: John Randle, Randall McDaniel, and Korey Stringer

Been to games?: I've been to two, Jaguars and Ravens

How I got into the Vikings: Hometown team and they're my dad's favorite team so I started following them also.

Favorite game: When AD broke the rushing record or the MNF game against Green Bay in 1998

Favorite draft pick who ended up sucking: Michael Bennett, great guy and he had one good year and that was it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msealy2 View Post
Favorite game: When AD broke the rushing record or the MNF game against Green Bay in 1998
I apologize if this is trolling but seriously, wtf?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking the same thing
Old 02-08-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
msealy2
Rookie

msealy2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
I apologize if this is trolling but seriously, wtf?

What? My favorite game would either be when AD broke the single game rushing record against San Diego last year or the 1998 Monday Night Football game against Green Bay when Cunningham threw for 400+. I don't get the problem.

Last edited by msealy2 : 02-08-2009 at 01:15 PM.
msealy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

We both missed the "or" in your sentence
Old 02-08-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Yeah sorry, I actually read it as "on". My bad.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone even post in this thread anymore?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
does anyone even post in this thread anymore?
Not a lot of new Viking fans recently. They will once the draft rolls around a little closer.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys im boezo I loves jared allens
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
i likez him two, we shuld mait :)
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Hello boe. I have missed you.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are "Vikings are my second favorite team" fans ok?

33, born & raised in RI (it's a state on the east coast ;))

Favorite Player: Joey Browner - should be in the HOF

Never been to a Vikes game. Never even been to the state. Not really sure how or why I decided I even liked the Vikings, to be honest. Growing up as a Pats fan you pretty much had to have a second favorite if you wanted to have a dog in the fight in post-season play, I guess. Not quite sure how that became the Vikings for me . . . must be a masochist.

Favorite game has got to be Randy's mimed mooning at Lambeau.

I'm really hoping to see Minnesota get over the hump this year. The Chilly & Sage combo doesn't really thrill me very much, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

All-time favorite Vikings: John Randle, Randall McDaniel, Joey Browner Scott Studwell

Been to games?: nope but i have met John Randle

How I got into the Vikings: When i was in 3rd grade I turned on the TV and saw this little guy running all over the place chucking the ball around. I just thought that little guy better run. Been a fan every since

Favorite game: When AD broke the rushing record or the MNF game against Green Bay in 1998 When the Vikings drafted Randy Moss I turned at my buddy and said Now we have Rice and Carter. He said No way this guy will be even close to Jerry Rice.

Favorite draft pick who ended up sucking: My worst draft moment was when Dennis Green Passed on Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks for Korey Stringer and Derrick Alexander. I couldnt believe it I was in shock.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Newbie here (to this forum that is) Came over from KFAN's Rube Chat cuz there were too many Packer fans trolls and hardly any relevant football talk anymore.

Current age: 23

Interesting tidbit: I went through a spurt where my favorite Viking was Michael Bennett.

Quick question: I searched the FAQ's but did not find an answer, can sig's have pictures on this forum? Or just text?
B-rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6. Do not allow your sig to grow excessively in size. A single 500x125 image should be plenty of room.
a) Signatures will also be limited to ten LINES of additional text (excluding the image). A quote will equal one line of text (not including the text inside).
b) You may only use ONE image tag in your signature.

Welcome to the fun!

EDIT: Forgot to link/mention where that is located - it's in the "Welcome, Rules, Getting Started." thread on the main page.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 05-05-2009 at 12:21 PM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Thanks, guess I just hadn't enabled all of the viewing options before posting that question. Good to go now!