Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you think we should go after a running back and do you think Knowshown Moreno would be ideal for San Diego?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
Do you think we should go after a running back and do you think Knowshown Moreno would be ideal for San Diego?
I have no clue TBH. I don't really follow San Diego (German for a whale's vagina) very much. I don't know what their plans for Jacob Hester are, whether or not they resign Sproles, and how they feel about LT right now. Free-agency will provide some good clues about draft direction.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

I for one would not be unhappy if the team drafted Moreno. We do have more pressing needs at a couple positions but HB needs to be addressed. LT said he will play out his contract before retirement and Sproles is probably gone so Moreno could step right into a significant role before taking over in a few years.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of our biggest concerns is at MLB and i think that there is to much tallent in this draft to not go there the first round then we could go with someone like Tutou from oregon. I think it would also be a great move to trade oakland for Michael bush. I think he is the type of guy we need in our backfield to wear down defenders.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will do dances of joy for:

BJ Raji
Taylor Mays
Rey Maualuga
Michael Oher
Duke Robinson (yes, at 16. He is a BEAST and would be worth it.)
Tyson Jackson

There is a 0% chance that all of these guys go in the top 15 so basically if we don't end up with any of them, my bad, because my mind control ray on AJ didn't work out quite right.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can B.J. Raji play 3-4 DE? He seems to be short, but is still a pretty good inside pass rusher. I don't think A.J. should take him just to sit behind JWill for two years if the team is trying to win the Super Bowl in 2009.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.....did you guys trade LT yet?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im liking #16

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More-NO.

I could probably be on board with drafting Beanie to pair with Sproles if he fell, that's too much talent to pass up. But aside from that we need blue chippers in the trenches, on both sides of the ball.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
lee06
Rookie

lee06 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MLB is important to the chargers right now, and Ray sounds great because of he already played in a 3-4 defense.

and for a running back.. after darren leaves.. Pick up kory sheets late round/FA. Will compliment Philip Rivers nicely.
lee06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maualuga. Oher if hes there

Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
darkhorse21
Rookie

darkhorse21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

agree to get oher if hes there, but i doubt that. i say someone on the DL, Tyson Jackson or Raji. Would like to get back a second round pick somehow to get a back. Wouldnt mind Moreno though
darkhorse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse21 View Post
agree to get oher if hes there, but i doubt that. i say someone on the DL, Tyson Jackson or Raji. Would like to get back a second round pick somehow to get a back. Wouldnt mind Moreno though
You really think that possibly 4 OT's will be taken before pick 16? It seems that every year a player like that slips

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Oher would be a nice pick. Might not be able to play LT due to lack of quickness. Which would make him an awesome RT which is what the bolts need.

He could workout well and prove he is quick enough to play LT during the Senior Bowl and Combine though.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Oher would be a nice pick. Might not be able to play LT due to lack of quickness. Which would make him an awesome RT which is what the bolts need.
My understanding was that the Chargers needed help along the right side of their OL anyway.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
darkhorse21
Rookie

darkhorse21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You really think that possibly 4 OT's will be taken before pick 16? It seems that every year a player like that slips
I think its very possible to have 4 OTs in 16 picks. With that said, if Oher were there they take him no question. Now with the way AJ is talking i think RB might be a need...
darkhorse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
My understanding was that the Chargers needed help along the right side of their OL anyway.
Thats what I said. We need a RT.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
One will slip but in all likelihood it won't be Oher. It will probably be Jason Smith, who is athletic as hell but at less than 300 pounds is not a RT. I'd love to grab Oher too.

All I know is if we spend another first rounder on our cursed secondary I will pitch myself off a high building. AJ has his strengths, but his scouting eye for corners and safeties is highly questionable.

Since 2003 when he took over we have spent

3 first rounders and 1 second rounder on corners (Davis, Cromartie, Cason, and Florence)
2 second round picks at safety (Weddle, Kiel)
2 3rd round picks (as part of the Weddle trade.)

and we were ranked dead last in pass defense for most of the year, I think pulling up a couple of spots near the end.

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-22-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
One will slip but in all likelihood it won't be Oher. It will probably be Jason Smith, who is athletic as hell but at less than 300 pounds is not a RT. I'd love to grab Oher too.

All I know is if we spend another first rounder on our cursed secondary I will pitch myself off a high building. AJ has his strengths, but his scouting eye for corners and safeties is highly questionable.

Since 2003 when he took over we have spent

3 first rounders and 1 second rounder on corners (Davis, Cromartie, Cason, and Florence)
2 second round picks at safety (Weddle, Kiel)
2 3rd round picks (as part of the Weddle trade.)

and we were ranked dead last in pass defense for most of the year, I think pulling up a couple of spots near the end.
I wouldn't worry about using another first rounder on a a defensive back, because FS is the only need back there and there's nobody in the middle of round one worth taking right now.

It has to be RT, RG, DE or LB. I say DE, because while Cesaire and Bingham are good in their roles, I don't see either as starters.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I wouldn't worry about using another first rounder on a a defensive back, because FS is the only need back there and there's nobody in the middle of round one worth taking right now.

It has to be RT, RG, DE or LB. I say DE, because while Cesaire and Bingham are good in their roles, I don't see either as starters.
I do worry, because William Moore is going to be sitting there when we draft, and Hart will be cut by then. I'm actually a believer in Moore but if 2008 wasn't the year that convinces AJ to spend a 1st rounder on the O-line, it will never happen.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that the secondary was exposed because of the lack of pass rush, because if you'll remember, in 2007, while still not amazing, he Bolts had an incredibly opportunistic secondary. When the Chargers got to the QB with Shawne/Shaun, coverage is a lot easier. If there is a LB who falls or maybe Oher or Smith, he would help the Chargers immediately. I get the vibe, however, that a RB will be selected.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) T. Jackson d.e. lsu
physical d.e. that gets after the q.b. very well for a man his size...fills a need and fits your scheme to perfection at great value here.

2) P. Loadholt r.t./o.g. oklahoma
better fit at right tackle and can develope into a dominate one...can also be very good at o.g.....fills a need at great value here.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideally, I want us to trade down in the first and pick up a second. If that happen, I want us to pick up Beatty or Britton with our late first and Moala with our late second. The third round pick should be spent on either a backup center (Hardwick can't stay healthy) or a backup NT for Jamal. I've heard good things about Dorell Scott.

If we can't, then I would like either a OT or DE. I think we get better value for OT at that pick then DE because I'm really not liking Tyson Jackson or Gilbert the more I read about them. I think Oher or Beatty should be there when we pick.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

RB was taken with Hester (unfortunately). And Sproles was given the money. S was done with Weddle(perhaps, unfortunately). OL is the obvious choice, with DE going next. I see AJ thinking that he can still find a DE/OLB hybrid with a middle pick , so it's OL or true run-stopping DE is the first pick. I'm guessing OL. Oher would be perfect, though in most drafts good OL get overdrafted. So maybe it would be best to trade up?
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Well it's draft season. I am hoping for some new blood at DT because as much as I like the rotation, not all of those guys will be back next year. OTOH, Jamal and Binghom will be around, so I can understand other viewpoints.

CJ Spiller is the only back I would consider drafting in the first, he is dreamy.

Dan Williams or Terrence Cody would both fit the bill for what we're trying to do.

ILB would be an interesting area and we could probably get great value at our spot. We have a lot of rotational guys but I would love to get someone who could just take over one of the ILB spots for the next decade. I do worry that if Spikes gets brought in, he and Siler might have issues since they were both defensive captains for the Gators and Siler is breaking out a little. I think having that thought qualifies me as an overthinker in this regard.

Could also (shudder) see AJ spending another pick in the 2ndary, especially if Cro gets shipped out.