Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think There Will Be Blood is better than anything this year, but this year is much deeper imo, a lot more quality flicks that last years top heavy group.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Gran Torino tonight. I really liked the story and Clint Eastwood's role a lot.
I may catch a lot of flack for this but whatever.... All of the other actors were really bad and the script had some really poor dialogue which brought the movie down for me a little bit though.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
All of the other actors were really bad and the script had some really poor dialogue which brought the movie down for me a little bit though.
Minus the role Eastwood had and it was a boring movie but his performance was quite possibly one of the funniest roles I have ever seen. He was basically playing my grandfather.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Minus the role Eastwood had and it was a boring movie but his performance was quite possibly one of the funniest roles I have ever seen. He was basically playing my grandfather.
Yeah that's what I meant. Eastwood was hilarious.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember if I brought this up or not but I recently watched Appaloosa and though it was a really cool movie. Kind of surprised its getting little to no love around here.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I can't remember if I brought this up or not but I recently watched Appaloosa and though it was a really cool movie. Kind of surprised its getting little to no love around here.
I thought it was real solid. Zellwegger came close to ruining it, but taker her out and its a very good movie. Harris and Viggo are terrific together.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revolutionary Road....whoah....not really sure what I've thought of it yet.

Wasn't a huge fan of Leo in this one actually which surprised me as I haven't watched a movie yet where I didn't like Leo's role.

Kate Winslet was amazing in this movie....there were times where the movie popped into real life and I wanted to punch her in the face...but great performance.

Michael Shannon also put on a great performance imo...although his role was limited I bought it all the way through. He kept me watching to the end.

I'm a bit confused tho....I mean is this story really suppose to sink in. Or is it really just a movie about...wanting to get away but not being able too.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Kevin James disproves the age old stereotype that all fat people are funny.

I disagree. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a big King Of Queens fan.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I think There Will Be Blood is better than anything this year, but this year is much deeper imo, a lot more quality flicks that last years top heavy group.
I'm a terrible movie fan since I haven't seen any movies that came out this december, had other things going on over break, but now that I'm back in buffalo for the semester I'm going to be catching up. That said I thought There will be blood was over-rated. I liked it a lot and DDL was very good, but it wasn't this "OMFG I can't believe what I just saw" film. Then again I didn't like Crash when everyone went ape **** about it either. *shrug*
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I thought Crash sucked :P

Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think TWBB is better than anything released this year...I think No Country for Old Men, Juno, and Atonement are better than the majority of this year's movies, JMO.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:59 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I disagree. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a big King Of Queens fan.
I enjoy that show also. Then again I seem to enjoy most sitcoms. The weird thing is I never watch them when they are in new episodes but love to watch them now that they are in syndication. It's the same with Everybody Loves Raymond and Two and A Half Men
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't realize that Josh Brolin was in the Goonies. God, that movie was awesome.

Also to Thule, Michael Shannon was amazing in Revolutionary Road and if he was in it a little bit more, I think that he would easily have a supporting actor nomination. Shannon stole every scene he was in.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I enjoy that show also. Then again I seem to enjoy most sitcoms. The weird thing is I never watch them when they are in new episodes but love to watch them now that they are in syndication. It's the same with Everybody Loves Raymond and Two and A Half Men
I've seen every single episode and probably more than once, but the writing of the show is just kinda repetitive. Carrie is always pissy, Doug's always getting called fat in one way or another. The way the show ended bummed me out too. Idk, good show and great run.. but I don't laugh at it the way I used to.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I didn't realize that Josh Brolin was in the Goonies. God, that movie was awesome.
Hell yeah Goonies is awesome. That movie is one of my favorites.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Quindalin

Can't say how impressed I as with The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Great Movie.

And the Goonies will indeed proceed to rock your face.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I liked both TWBB and NCFOM, I have enjoyed several movies this year more then both of them...Benjamin Button, In Bruges being the most prominent of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished Gran Torino and loved it. Eastwood is so awesome.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Cobra Commander

Anyone ever seen Raw Deal? (1986)
Old 01-16-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hell yeah Goonies is awesome. That movie is one of my favorites.
the goonies is by far one of the best movies ever made. lol

i might not go that far, but it is a classic, and on my list of favorites.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
Anyone ever seen Raw Deal? (1986)
Yep. Oddly its one of those movies Netflix doesn't have. And since I don't have showtime, I wont be seeing it in the near future.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Yep. Oddly its one of those movies Netflix doesn't have. And since I don't have showtime, I wont be seeing it in the near future.
Good I love that movie, shootouts car chasing, and not overly stupid

Quote:
So, ya wanna be a witness huh? Well witness this....POW
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought Crash sucked :P
The new Crash blew. The old Cronenberg Crash is the **** though. It is so ******* twisted and brilliant.

I also agree that TWBB is better than anything this year and I still think last year as a whole was a better movie year than this year but I was a big fan of many releases this year.

Top 4 so far -

1. The Wrestler
2. Gran Torino
3. Revolutionary Road (I get the impression that people either liked it or they didn't. The movie just clicked for many and I enjoyed the hell out of it.)
4. Milk (I enjoyed this film more than most people here)

I don't have a clear 4 yet so far and I will be watching Slumdog this weekend so I will leave that spot open for now.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought There Will Be Blood was one of the most boring films I've ever seen. Well made, but boring as ****.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote