Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Quote:
how valid are the Kidd to LA rumors? I love Kidd, one of my favorite players, but Marcus Williams is going to be great someday, the sooner he gets PT the better.

The Nets are my team btw, they are underachieving greatly. Nenad Krstic going down hurt them more than I thought it would. Jefferson should be traded IMO, they can still get good value for him.
well i wouldnt mind the kidd trades but only because of marcus williams he seems like the real deal and hes alot younger... but i want to at least get good value for him this may be a bit of a strech but andrew bynum would never happen in a million years tha kind of deal
Nets fan as well?

How about Lamar Odom and Smush Parker for Kidd? I would love to see that.
Theyd be stupid to give up Odom and Parker for Kidd, I dont think it would happen. I just read that the warriors are interested and the deal would look like this...

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

I think NJ would be getting the best of the deal. Kidds got like maybe 3 good years left in him.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
how valid are the Kidd to LA rumors? I love Kidd, one of my favorite players, but Marcus Williams is going to be great someday, the sooner he gets PT the better.

The Nets are my team btw, they are underachieving greatly. Nenad Krstic going down hurt them more than I thought it would. Jefferson should be traded IMO, they can still get good value for him.
well i wouldnt mind the kidd trades but only because of marcus williams he seems like the real deal and hes alot younger... but i want to at least get good value for him this may be a bit of a strech but andrew bynum would never happen in a million years tha kind of deal
Nets fan as well?

Theyd be stupid to give up Odom and Parker for Kidd, I dont think it would happen.
What do you think would make it more even? The Nets throw in like Antoine Wright? Maybe a pick?

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Theyd be stupid to give up Odom and Parker for Kidd, I dont think it would happen.
What do you think would make it more even? The Nets throw in like Antoine Wright? Maybe a pick?
yep nets fan here... well why would the lakers want antoine wright hes a bust but the lakers could very well give us luke walton or Chris Mihm knowing the nets itll be somethin we dont like
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Theyd be stupid to give up Odom and Parker for Kidd, I dont think it would happen. I just read that the warriors are interested and the deal would look like this...

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

I think NJ would be getting the best of the deal. Kidds got like maybe 3 good years left in him.
I think the Nets would be getting a steal with that deal. Richardson is a darn good player when he's healthy, and Pietrus is a good shooter with a lot of offensive ability. Foyle, eh it's a big man. I like that deal for the Nets.

Although it could be a log jam for PT at the 2 and 3.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaq is just so washed up now.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

I think the Nets would be getting a steal with that deal. Richardson is a darn good player when he's healthy, and Pietrus is a good shooter with a lot of offensive ability. Foyle, eh it's a big man. I like that deal for the Nets.

Well VC is probably gone next year through FA so that would clear J Rich to start.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

Well VC is probably gone next year through FA so that would clear J Rich to start.
Ah yea, forgot about that. Then I really like the deal for the Nets. If they can trade VC and get something, and then get JR, that'd be a good move IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else see Tracy McGrady say "Huge Boobs" in the replay at the end of the 1st quarter? Complete with hand motion.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone seen how amazingly hawt Eva Longoria is looking??

if anyone has a pic, please let us see the beauty

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official: Dirk won't be the MVP.

Why? you ask. Because The Hoff endorsed him. That's as good as a death sentence.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...2885943&page=1
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
It's official: Dirk won't be the MVP.

Why? you ask. Because The Hoff endorsed him. That's as good as a death sentence.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...2885943&page=1
Dirk won't ever win the MVP until he learns to be a leader.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

VC will either be traded to Orlando this week or he will be there next season. If he's still a Net after this week, he'll opt out.

I really don't want the Magic to pull off a trade for VC if we have to give up Hedo, Ariza, Redick or Darko.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye
Another Contract yet to be named for:

Rashard Lewis.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye

Rashard Lewis.
As long as they aren't trading David Lee, I'm happy.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye

Rashard Lewis.
David Lee is as untouchable as Eddy Curry. Why? Because Isiah's just that crazy of a SOB that you'll ever meet.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

When is the last time Peter Vescey got a rumor right? I really doubt GS would give up J-Rich for Kidd and it isn't because J-Rich is better than Kidd but it really doesn't improve GS. With Kidd it will only move Baron to the two and he doesn't shoot close to a good % for a two. It also wouldn't solve the Warriors rebounding problem or not having a true 4. The only way I would do this is if you replace J-Rich with Baron but I doubt Baron has much value. I think Kidd will end up with the Lakers.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nets fan as well?

Kidd
Collins

For

Richardson
Foyle
Pietrus

When is the last time Peter Vescey got a rumor right? I really doubt GS would give up J-Rich for Kidd and it isn't because J-Rich is better than Kidd but it really doesn't improve GS. With Kidd it will only move Baron to the two and he doesn't shoot close to a good % for a two. It also wouldn't solve the Warriors rebounding problem or not having a true 4. The only way I would do this is if you replace J-Rich with Baron but I doubt Baron has much value. I think Kidd will end up with the Lakers.
Baron is shooting better this year because he's not launching up 3's anymore. However, he is still a 40% career shooter.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye

Rashard Lewis.
Will Isiah even talk with the Bulls? I was thinking maybe Frye and another small contract for Noc. It would give cap relief at the end of the year. (Plus i dont see the Bulls able to keep him ;_; )

Also, Josh Smith and Luol Deng are the future All-Stars in the East.

Another trade thought, although Washington doesnt want to deal with a rival, moving Etan Thomas or the other guy is imperative (since the fights at practice) So could it happen?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Quote:
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye

Rashard Lewis.
Will Isiah even talk with the Bulls? I was thinking maybe Frye and another small contract for Noc. It would give cap relief at the end of the year. (Plus i dont see the Bulls able to keep him ;_; )

Another trade thought, although Washington doesnt want to deal with a rival, moving Etan Thomas or the other guy is imperative (since the fights at practice) So could it happen?
Haywood and Thomas battle for minutes. It's great for Washington because the entire locker room is ridiculously cohesive outside of those two. So that rivalry only helps them. I doubt you'll see either traded. Especially when Haywood and Thomas have a running total of how many victories the team has when either one starts.

As for Noc, why wouldn't he be resigned? The Bulls are very far under the cap. Personally, I think we should trade him though because where is TT going to find the minutes if Noc and Deng start over him? I'm starting to wish we would have traded down for Roy or maybe even kept Aldridge.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye

Rashard Lewis.

Haywood and Thomas battle for minutes. It's great for Washington because the entire locker room is ridiculously cohesive outside of those two. So that rivalry only helps them. I doubt you'll see either traded. Especially when Haywood and Thomas have a running total of how many victories the team has when either one starts.

As for Noc, why wouldn't he be resigned? The Bulls are very far under the cap. Personally, I think we should trade him though because where is TT going to find the minutes if Noc and Deng start over him? I'm starting to wish we would have traded down for Roy or maybe even kept Aldridge.
no, i read that they cant stand being in the same room anymore. I guess its getting close to punches when they are in the same vicinity.

Edit: As for the Draft i was hoping we would grab Roy. But TT is going to be great.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 02-19-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye

Rashard Lewis.

no, i read that they cant stand being in the same room anymore. I guess its getting close to punches when they are in the same vicinity.

Edit: As for the Draft i was hoping we would grab Roy. But TT is going to be great.
They've been in 2 fights this year. I know of 1 more from last season. The first fight this year Brendan Haywood pulled out one of E'tan Thomas' locks. They definitely hate each other. But I just wonder if that rivalry is helping them play harder and harder.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It has gotten to the point, one Washington Wizards source said, where it is virtually impossible for centers Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas to sit in the same room without wanting to trade haymakers. They went at it again last week in practice, and the Wizards have given up hope that they'll ever be able to get these two players to co-exist. The result is that Washington is listening to offers between now and the deadline.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If one were to be moved it should be Brendan because he has more value, probably a late first rounder, and Etan fits better in our Suns like system.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
If one were to be moved it should be Brendan because he has more value, probably a late first rounder, and Etan fits better in our Suns like system.
Good luck getting a late first rounder for Brendan. He started the year a backup.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'd welcome Etan to the Magic. The Magic need front court depth pretty badly.