Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I'm sorry, but the author of that article has extreme bias for the Raiders and some of his rankings are flat out dumb.
No way did Chris Johnson play like a top 10 CB, and Stanford Routt #11? I mean, come on now.
Some of the other guys, I mean we have All Pro's from this year ranked in the 20's. lol
his rankings seem to be purely stat based. he even acknowledges that Routt was mainly used in nickel packages this year.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan
Also, not every CB is playing the same scheme which the author doesn't seem to recognize. Some DC's will happily let their CB's get done on a pass, for under 10 yards. I also have a hard time believing this author really saw every single play this season from every single game as claimed.
Exactly what I was thinking! I was stunned to see Finny all the way in the 20's. This guy obviously did not account scheme into his rankings, demonstrated by the fact that he factors YPA more importantly than any other statistic. Any any conerbacks on a team that runs a "bend but don't break" philosophy is automatically at a disadvantage.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless its a list put out by quarterbacks, receivers and offensive coordinators, I don't really care what it says.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Unless its a list put out by quarterbacks, receivers and offensive coordinators, I don't really care what it says.
See, that just doesn't make sense. There are some very knowledgeable people who do not play football. Hell, there are a couple people on this site who I think know football about as well as NFL players. You don't have to play against someone to know how good they are.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots I disagree with on this list. Raiders have three CBs in the top 11? What a joke. Did anyone stop to think that maybe playing in the Raiders secondary is like playing 2 quarters of football all season? They're so bad teams outscore them by a bunch running the football and then pound the rock some more.

For the Packers, Tramon Williams should have made the list. He played as good or better than Harris anyway.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what happens when Baseball geeks use #'s to try to justify Football play.

Saying Townsend was better than Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden is quite possibly one of the largest overstatements of the year..

Ike Taylor is Dismal?

Andre Johnson: 10 for 112 0 TD's (They allowed Johnson to get open short but didn't let him long) 24 yards longest.

Braylon Edwards: 3 for 32

DeSean Jackson: 5 for 40

D. Mason: 8 for 137 (Ike didn't play the 2nd half).

M. Jones: 2 for 25

TJ Houshmanzadeh: 8 for 58

Plaxico Burress: 3 for 15

Reggie Wayne: 6 for 114 (65 Long bounced off Ike's Hands. Crazy play). 1 TD

V Jackson: 2 for 25

TJ Houshmanzadeh: 4 for 20

Randy Moss: 4 for 45

Terell Owens: 3 for 32 1 TD

D. Mason: 3 for 23

J. Gage: 5 for 104 1TD

B. Edwards: 1 for 5

V Jackson: 2 for 49 1 TD

I mean... 3 Bad games (1 of which he played 1 half)

every other game he held his receiver under 60 yards.

A list that uses these Mechanics Rule out the Steelers Zone scheme and Tampa2 schemes.

Schemes that make you work your way down field with short passes and bend but don't break mentalities rule out their players for guys that focus on man schemes.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor is dismal, get off of it.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Ike Taylor is dismal, get off of it.
As a Steeler fan thats how you honestly feel?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Lots I disagree with on this list. Raiders have three CBs in the top 11? What a joke. Did anyone stop to think that maybe playing in the Raiders secondary is like playing 2 quarters of football all season? They're so bad teams outscore them by a bunch running the football and then pound the rock some more.

And yet the four teams with less pass attempts made against their defenses manage only to put one player in the top 20 (Bartell) and only 4 players overall.

During the latter half of the season, Asomugh and Johnson were a pretty great cornerback duo. In fact, the reason almost none of these cornerbacks have high pass attempts totals is because they forced the opponents playcalling into the middle of the field.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 01-17-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:44 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still, the nickel CB for the Raiders #11 best CB? I saw them play well it's just obvious to me that the author grossly overrated them based on skewed stats.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DRC is going to be an amazing cornerback in this league. Flowers, Talib, and Cason are going to be pro bowlers for sure IMO.

I know Aaron Ross did not play great this year, but he was not god awful either, if Dockery was on the top 50 list Aaron Ross should definitely be, IMO Dockery was terrible. Corey Webster I believe deserves that #2 spot he was amazing this year. I cannot wait for Terrell Thomas either, from what I have seen he is like Corey Webster 2.0, without the crap years with Tim Lewis.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I think DRC is going to be an amazing cornerback in this league. Flowers, Talib, and Cason are going to be pro bowlers for sure IMO.

I know Aaron Ross did not play great this year, but he was not god awful either, if Dockery was on the top 50 list Aaron Ross should definitely be, IMO Dockery was terrible. Corey Webster I believe deserves that #2 spot he was amazing this year. I cannot wait for Terrell Thomas either, from what I have seen he is like Corey Webster 2.0, without the crap years with Tim Lewis.
and when tracy porter was fit he was outplaying at least most of these guys. This has been a nice and special bunch of corners in my opinion

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
and when tracy porter was fit he was outplaying at least most of these guys. This has been a nice and special bunch of corners in my opinion
Most definitely, I cannot wait to see what these guys all become a few years down. Let's not forget Leodis McKelvin and Mike Jenkins, two first round CBs in that draft, they played well too, that NFL draft was just amazing for CBs.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor is far from dismal...his hands are beyond dismal, but apart from that he is a good player. Deshea Townsend is overrated by most people...his only skill is, "illegal contact". Very smart player...but his smarts arent even enough to make up for the lack of physical skills anymore. Pretty poor list imo :/
Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know where those numbers you posted came from but with all due respect, they're wrong. In man coverage Clements only allowed 4 touchdowns all year, 2 short ones to Fitzgerald, 1 short one to Plax, and the long one to TO. Not only that but he wasn't targeted 96 times. It was more like 70 and most of those were short passes. I have watched every 49er game over and over again and like I said, your numbers are disgustingly far off. The real numbers for Clements that I kept track of, I didn't bother with times targeted because the stat means nothing, are

Cardinals- (Man-to-man all game) Fitzgerald: 2 catches for 10 yards, 1 TD; 8 catches for 46 yards, 1 TD

@Seattle-(Man-to-man all game) Courtney Taylor: 2 catches for 20 yards; Billy McMullen: 1 catch, 31 yards, fumble

Detroit- (Man-to-man all game) Calvin Johnson: 3 catches for 25 yards

@New Orleans- Zone for 60% of the game, wasn't beaten in man coverage once

New England- Deep zone all game, Clements wasn't manned up with Moss on any of his catches

Philadelphia- Man coverage all game, Walt Harris was on Desean Jackson the entire game and Clements moved around a lot

@ Giants- (Man coverage vs. Plax) Plaxico Burress: 3 catches, 24 yards, 1 TD

Seattle- (Man coverage all game) - Koreen Robinson: 3 catches, 15 yards

St. Louis- (Deep man coverage) Torry Holt: 5 catches, 60 yards

@Dallas- (Half zone, half man coverage) Owens: 3 catches, 91 yards, 1 TD; Owens got away with an obvious offensive PI on the 75 yard touchdown

@Buffalo- (Man coverage all game) Josh Reed: 4 catches, 34 yards; Lee Evans: 1 catch, 8 yards

@Miami- (Bump and run/man coverage) Davone Bess: 3 catches, 25 yards

@St. Louis- Zone for most of the game

Washington - Zone coverage all game

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 01-17-2009 at 05:44 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Flowers!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
See, that just doesn't make sense. There are some very knowledgeable people who do not play football. Hell, there are a couple people on this site who I think know football about as well as NFL players. You don't have to play against someone to know how good they are.

You do realise that simply digging out some statistics and using that to base your opinion in Football shows you're about as knowledgeable as a 10 year old.

This number is better than that number, is not football analysis.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote