Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
5. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
4. Forrest Gump
3. Quiz Show
2. Pulp Fiction
1. Shawshank
This is my order.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished Benjamin Button and I must say I was underwhelmed. It started off slow and the first hour kind of dragged on in my opinion. It got better and overall, it was a real good movie. However, my expectations were not met.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I just finished Benjamin Button and I must say I was underwhelmed. It started off slow and the first hour kind of dragged on in my opinion. It got better and overall, it was a real good movie. However, my expectations were not met.
I said it before, but Lisa Schwarzbaum from Entertainment Weekly says it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Schwarzbaum
An extravagantly ambitious movie that's easy to admire but a challenge to love.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I loved it, so blah to you!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Button was the best movie of '08, bar none. And it isnt even a competition in my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Button was the best movie of '08, bar none. And it isnt even a competition in my mind.
I definitely agree.

The movie was so much better than I thought, and it's one of my favorite movies ever. I'm definitely buying that when it comes out on DVD.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it was early in the year, but I hope people aren't forgetting what the obvious best movie of '08 was.

SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Taken last night. I thought it was good. Kind of like Man On Fire and reminded me a lot of Transporter.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
5. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
4. Forrest Gump
3. Quiz Show
2. Pulp Fiction
1. Shawshank

Great list. Quiz Show is an awesome, underrated movie. John Turturro is ******* awesome. He is awesome in Quiz Show,The Big Lebowskie (don't **** with the Jesus!), O Brother Where Art Thou, and Secret Window. His best movie in which he has a main role is Barton Fink imo. He is great with John Goodman in that movie. He's pretty funny in Mr. Deed as well. He needs a chance at a good main role.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 01-18-2009 at 03:39 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:06 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Anyone see My Bloody Valentine? Definitely the goriest movie I've ever seen.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:17 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Anyone see My Bloody Valentine? Definitely the goriest movie I've ever seen.
No and I never plan on it, horror movie now days are complete ****. They aren't worth 7+ dollars to see on the big screen. If I wanted to see a movie for gore I would stay home and watch Faces of Death for free.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 01-18-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
No and I never plan on it, horror movie now days are complete ****. They aren't worth 7+ dollars to see on the big screen. If I wanted to see a movie for gore I would stay home and watch Faces of Death for free.
You need to watch Let the Right One In if that is your opinion...while I agree partially, movies like Let the Right One In, The Mist, and even older movies like Session 9 and the original Saw beg to differ. Im not a horror buff myself, but the genre certainly has a storied past and has produced alot of good films.

I just watched This is Spinal Tap again, and I hadnt seen it in years. Without doubt one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. So ****** hilarious, and right up there with movies like Super Troopers and Anchorman for quotability. That reminds me, I have had an inkling to watch super troopers for a while. I need my Farva!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:29 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You need to watch Let the Right One In if that is your opinion...while I agree partially, movies like Let the Right One In, The Mist, and even older movies like Session 9 and the original Saw beg to differ. Im not a horror buff myself, but the genre certainly has a storied past and has produced alot of good films.

I just watched This is Spinal Tap again, and I hadnt seen it in years. Without doubt one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. So ****** hilarious, and right up there with movies like Super Troopers and Anchorman for quotability. That reminds me, I have had an inkling to watch super troopers for a while. I need my Farva!
I'm a fan of horror films (if they're good) but I haven't heard of Let the Right One in, I'll have to check it out. I loved the original Saw, but 2-5 (it is 5 right?) are just ******* terrible. It is no plot and just tasteless gore. While the Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloweens, etc. didn't have big plots, at least they didn't have a movie just for gore. I liked the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I haven't seen the new Halloween yet but I want to after seeing House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil Rejects. Rob Zombie has a hot wife.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I'm a fan of horror films (if they're good) but I haven't heard of Let the Right One in, I'll have to check it out. I loved the original Saw, but 2-5 (it is 5 right?) are just ******* terrible. It is no plot and just tasteless gore. While the Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloweens, etc. didn't have big plots, at least they didn't have a movie just for gore. I haven't see The Mist yet but I have heard very bad things about it. I love Stephen King though. The Shining is one of my top 5 books and movies.I liked the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I haven't seen the new Halloween yet but I want to after seeing House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil Rejects. Rob Zombie has a hot wife.

Spinal Tap is a great movie.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I just got done watching Step Brothers and I have to say I am very disappointed. After seeing Talladega Nights and Walk Hard I became a John C. Riley fan and had high hopes for this movie. The first 30 minutes or so just isn't funny. The movie really isn't funny until after they become friends but it still really isn't that funny. Every other line just seems like a random line made up and every actor just forces it. It tries to use Anchorman humor every other line but falls on it's ass miserably. The ending is pretty damn funny I thought though.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I know it was early in the year, but I hope people aren't forgetting what the obvious best movie of '08 was.

i believe that movie had like a kill count of 2 kills a minute or so

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting... I didn't like it as much as The Wrestler or even The Dark Knight. I have yet to see some movies (Slumdog, Milk, Doubt) but right now it sits solidly at #3 on my list for this past year. But I guess that's why people have different tastes in movies.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do think i like slumdog the best

Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched WANTED and Pineapple Express last night... WANTED was pretty bad*** and Jolie is hott, like we didnt already know. Pineapple Express was pretty good as well I thought.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanted didn't do anything for me. I don't see it in the same fun light as I did Shoot Em Up, which I really like, and I don't see it as a good movie. I remember thinking I was watching some weird mix of Fight Club and Office Space for the first 20 minutes, and then just action that didn't win me over. That's just me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Shoot Em up was awesome

Old 01-18-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I remember thinking I was watching some weird mix of Fight Club and Office Space for the first 20 minutes, and then just action that didn't win me over. That's just me.
Dude, that's exactly how I felt. After the first 15 or 20 minutes or so I turned to my friend and said, "This reminds me of Office Space and Fight Club."

I was like the only one of my friends that didn't like Wanted.

I'm seeing MBV3D this coming weekend for free and I can't wait.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to watch 500 Days of Summer

With a cute girl.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think more people die in that movie than the entire population of my town.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Great list. Quiz Show is an awesome, underrated movie. John Turturro is ******* awesome. He is awesome in Quiz Show,The Big Lebowski (don't **** with the Jesus!), O Brother Where Art Thou, and Secret Window. His best movie in which he has a main role is Barton Fink imo. He is great with John Goodman in that movie. He's pretty funny in Mr. Deed as well. He needs a chance at a good main role.
Or practically Turturro is great with the Coens. And everywhere else for that matter.

And I agree, Step Brothers wasn't good at all. I believe that and Semi Pro spells disaster for the McKay clan in the future

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote