Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Butler is a good safety. Played his assignments well, and basically is the Antonio Pierce of the secondary. Great athlete for his size as well.
James Butler is a good athlete when he's not wearing ankle weights like he does most seasons.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
James Butler is a good athlete when he's not wearing ankle weights like he does most seasons.
LOl You make no sense what so ever. He is the secondary's version of AP. If he was that bad Coughlin, Reese, and Spags would not have played him or even signed him. Giants fans always look for a goat on both sides of the ball and it's no suprise that they focused on Butler.

He is a great athlete with brains and gets everyone lined up to where they should be. Spags trusted him to run his system in the secondary, and that speaks volumes for the talent Butler has. To be an undrafted FA and then start for a superbowl winning team is something special. I have no idea what's up giants fans butts when they talk about Butler. The amount of hate he gets is truly mind blowing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
LOl You make no sense what so ever. He is the secondary's version of AP. If he was that bad Coughlin, Reese, and Spags would not have played him or even signed him. Giants fans always look for a goat on both sides of the ball and it's no suprise that they focused on Butler.

He is a great athlete with brains and gets everyone lined up to where they should be. Spags trusted him to run his system in the secondary, and that speaks volumes for the talent Butler has. To be an undrafted FA and then start for a superbowl winning team is something special. I have no idea what's up giants fans butts when they talk about Butler. The amount of hate he gets is truly mind blowing.
I'm not arguing his intelligence I'm just pointing out that prior to this season he always looked like he was running in ankle weights. His feet have just been so slow and that's why last season we had Butler giving up a big play every game.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor McNabb

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not arguing his intelligence I'm just pointing out that prior to this season he always looked like he was running in ankle weights. His feet have just been so slow and that's why last season we had Butler giving up a big play every game.

Don't exaggerate. He was playing hurt last season especially the GB game where he was limping. The guy is always in position and rarely out of position to make a play. The fact is his speed, athletic ability, and intelligence make him a good to great player for us in this system. He basically does what we ask him to do and does it well.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't exaggerate. He was playing hurt last season especially the GB game where he was limping. The guy is always in position and rarely out of position to make a play. The fact is his speed, athletic ability, and intelligence make him a good to great player for us in this system. He basically does what we ask him to do and does it well.
He has been really impressive this season. But in the past he's been disappointingly slow getting places in the secondary and that's where a lot of the ripping comes from. **** I remember when he was a special teamer with good quickness, general disregard for his body and a good head on his shoulders and so I got on his bandwagon and then he came out, got the chance to start and really turned me off of him with his play.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
He has been really impressive this season. But in the past he's been disappointingly slow getting places in the secondary and that's where a lot of the ripping comes from. **** I remember when he was a special teamer with good quickness, general disregard for his body and a good head on his shoulders and so I got on his bandwagon and then he came out, got the chance to start and really turned me off of him with his play.

It may not have been his responsibilty to get there in time. It might be someone else not covering a player and thus he is coming in to make a play. Giants fans use the first player in the screen to blame system and blame him. Usually when you see a WR make a play and no one is in the frame, and Butler makes a play. Butler is not at fault. I am a mod on two boards, and I can't tell you how many times fans call Butler slow for not covering the guy. lol.

I have a friend who is a defensive coach, DC, and posts on our giants.com board. He watched butler for the whole season and broke down games. He posted a big analysis on him. I will see if I can find it and post it. Butler "sucking" is a big Giants fan myth due to fans wanting to find a goat on that side of the ball.

Offensively it's always been a WR. Moss, Dixon, Tim Carter and so on. Some how our fan base wants one punching dummy and Butler has been it.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It may not have been his responsibilty to get there in time. It might be someone else not covering a player and thus he is coming in to make a play. Giants fans use the first player in the screen to blame system and blame him. Usually when you see a WR make a play and no one is in the frame, and Butler makes a play. Butler is not at fault. I am a mod on two boards, and I can't tell you how many times fans call Butler slow for not covering the guy. lol.

I have a friend who is a defensive coach, DC, and posts on our giants.com board. He watched butler for the whole season and broke down games. He posted a big analysis on him. I will see if I can find it and post it. Butler "sucking" is a big Giants fan myth due to fans wanting to find a goat on that side of the ball.

Offensively it's always been a WR. Moss, Dixon, Tim Carter and so on. Some how our fan base wants one punching dummy and Butler has been it.
Oh I've read that analysis, you've posted it before, and I don't really disagree. I just have fun ripping on butler because he is, or at least was, on the ridiculously slow side and even when you could see he was going after the receiver he just couldn't get there in time. Now those situations very well could be someone else's responsibility thus not butler's fault. But when you see him start moving in a direction and then busting his ass to get there and not getting there it doesn't matter whether that's his responsibility or not. He's trying to get somewhere and doesn't get there cause he's not fast enough.

Plus I can't really ***** about many other people on our D, well AP but outside of AP Butler's the only guy i have gripes about, so I rip on him. Nothing mean spirited just having some fun at his expense.