Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
To be fair, Tropical Thunder did have some funny scenes like Ben Stiller acting out that movie.
I think they made too much of the movie before it was released, so expectations were high. But if you expected it to be crappy, I found it surprisingly funny in how dumb it was. Plus, Tom Cruise was actually entertaining in it, and I won't say that prolly ever about Tom Cruise.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks commie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Just a really great movie that people will forget because of its release earlier in the movie year. Outstanding performance by Jason Segel (Dracula musical is one of the best scenes of the year). Who doesn't give a great performance in this flick? Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell both just look amazing, and each have their great moments. To me though, it's obvious who has the standout role in this, and that's Russell Brand who just kills as Aldous Snow.

Score: 8.9/10

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think they made too much of the movie before it was released, so expectations were high. But if you expected it to be crappy, I found it surprisingly funny in how dumb it was. Plus, Tom Cruise was actually entertaining in it, and I won't say that prolly ever about Tom Cruise.
I totally forgot about Tom Cruise, he was funny in it. Jack Black is what really disappointed me. I think he was the least funny guy in that movie.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speed Racer

Yes, Speed Racer makes the Top 10. Some of its fans say people will realize that this is a classic in about ten years, I think its a classic now. Aimed at more of a family audience, Speed Racer is out of the norm in the list of Wachowski movies, but it's their best. It just really doesn't set out to be some movie of perfect dialogue and acting, and that's why I love it. Despite its many flaws, it's ridiculously enjoyable. Emile Hirsch gives the standout performance of this film as the titular character, as the innocent, bright-eyed kid who doesn't realize the corruption of the racing world.

Score: 9/10

BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. All I have to say is wow.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-18-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speed Racer ftw

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speed Racer was awesome. Great list so far Hchu. The only movie I don't agree with really is Pineapple Express and that is only because I liked about 5 comedies this year more than it. Express would still crack my top 20. I am rambling. That is all.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

I didn't mind Speed Racer, but the acting was pretty bad and the story wasn't the greatest. I enjoyed the cinematography and presentation, but as far as an overall movie I would give it like a C.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-18-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Role Models

The best of the mature comedies this year, just an excellent movie all-around. Everything about this movie just connected with me, whether it's making fun of LARPing or it's using kids as the source of its comedic situations it just clicked with me. The best two performances in this movie come from Bobb'e J. Thompson, who's excessive use of cursing (for his age) just never grows tiring and forced, and his timing and tone is impeccable. The other performance (and one of my favorite of the year) is Ken Jeong as the king of the LARPing world, his delivery and timing are amazing and every single one of his lines is gold.

Score: 9.2/10

BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You sure are generous with your scores.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/...c000e4.jpg?v=0
Role Models

The best of the mature comedies this year, just an excellent movie all-around. Everything about this movie just connected with me, whether it's making fun of LARPing or it's using kids as the source of its comedic situations it just clicked with me. The best two performances in this movie come from Bobb'e J. Thompson, who's excessive use of cursing (for his age) just never grows tiring and forced, and his timing and tone is impeccable. The other performance (and one of my favorite of the year) is Ken Jeong as the king of the LARPing world, his delivery and timing are amazing and every single one of his lines is gold.

Score: 9.2/10
use that link

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pineapple Express is not good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt like it that much either, but oh well.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I liked Pinneapple alot actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

The Dark Knight

What hasn't already been said about this movie? It's certainly not a top 5 movie of all time (damn IMDB), but it's a Top 5 movie of '08. Just great film all around, and I don't think I need to go into how brilliant Heath Ledger's performance was. And unless you've been living under a rock in '08, you've formed your opinion about this flick already so I'm just going to leave it at this.

Score: 9.3/10

BoneKrusher
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

I didn't think it was great, it was ok. I will say this, James Franco is a fantastic actor and really should do more comedy.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
But we can both agree Speed Racer is the bee's knees.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
But we can both agree Speed Racer is the bee's knees.
Yes we can. But what is that number above The Dark Knight? That's not a 1.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
its 5 in his ranking

Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have a feeling this list is about to get real interesting real fast.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
its 5 in his ranking
I was only trying to mess around with him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-18-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see most of the "good" movies this year so my top 10 list of movies I saw would be laughed at.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

well, 1-4 are Slumdog, Button, The Wrestler and another one

Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
well, 1-4 are Slumdog, Button, The Wrestler and another one
probably Wall-E
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Slumdog Millionaire

Just a really beautiful movie, and a great story about growing up. Danny Boyle makes a great rebound from my most hated movie of last year, Sunshine, and back into my good graces with an excellent movie. Dev Patel is perfectly cast as Jamal, and gives a helluva performance. The character of Salim is one of the best of the year, just how layered of a character he is makes him so great. The best performance of this movie is given by Anil Kapoor, the host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire! Every scene he's in is inadvertently comedic gold. And how can you not love this films especially with the Bollywood-esque dance scene in the closing credits?

Score: 9.4/10

BoneKrusher