Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
FANTASY

we need to talk about what we are going to due in regards to the Draft

Positions: TE, S, CB, LB, KR/PR
TE-Second round pick, Miller first, Olsen if he's taken
S-not worried about it. Only place I would have considered it was in the first.
CB-Our next pick is a fourth, and it could be used on a CB
LB-Either a 6th or 7th if at all
KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft.
For KR why not Josh Wilson he fills two needs and could get picked up in the 2nd or 3rd
2nd we need a TE and we don't have a third.
mhmm, Randy Moss :D

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FANTASY

KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft.
For KR why not Josh Wilson he fills two needs and could get picked up in the 2nd or 3rd
There is enough TEs available that can make big impacts well into the 4th.Wilson fills two needs and no other prospects do that.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FANTASY

There is enough TEs available that can make big impacts well into the 4th.Wilson fills two needs and no other prospects do that.
I never said anything about taking a TE in the 4th. I said in the second. If you were saying to take Wilson in the 4th there is no way he lasts that long.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FANTASY

I never said anything about taking a TE in the 4th. I said in the second. If you were saying to take Wilson in the 4th there is no way he lasts that long.
I never said that you said we shoul take one in the 4th, I was saying you should take one in the 4th and take Wilson in the 2nd
Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FANTASY

I never said that you said we shoul take one in the 4th, I was saying you should take one in the 4th and take Wilson in the 2nd
We are looking address TE in round 2 becuase Olsen and Miller are very good prospects

Old 02-18-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

so did we ever really trade for moss or no??? I have been with out a comp for like 2 weeks. or are these just rumors.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
so did we ever really trade for moss or no??? I have been with out a comp for like 2 weeks. or are these just rumors.
we've been discussing our fantasy off season, in which we traded for him. in reality i doubt it's gonna happen and i'm really hopping it doesn't.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantasy
I'll do the trade forms but if you have a good reason for either post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Reasoning:

This is not an option, it is a requirement. To clarify, I want YOUR reasoning, I don't want to hear why it's good for everyone involved. Pretend I work for your organization and you are filling me in on why this is a great deal for you.
I think it is obvious why it would be good for us, so I know basically what I'll put already but if you have something good it could help.

Edit: Sent
Old 02-19-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm only posting to show off my sig

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
That's a decent sig

Old 02-19-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's alright. i've made some but i don't think they're good enough to use.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
it's alright. i've made some but i don't think they're good enough to use.

Shoot Id take it thats a real good sig
Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Here's some JAR (Joe Arrigo Rumors) from today:

Quote:
The Packers plan on making a BIG PUSH for Adalius Thomas. The team feels he can have a major impact as a DE and even play some SLB. Ted Thompson has made him his top priority (as long as the Raven don't Franchise him). Even though he said he like warm weather (on Cold Pizza), money talks and the Packers have alot of it.

I think the Packers have decided to NOT pursue Randy Moss and will upgrade the WR position via the draft. In the end, they would rather risk a pick on a player that is younger and has less baggage. The Raiders asking price also has went up and the packers don't want to pay the price tag (possibly a 1st round pick).

A player the Packers have privately inquired about is Chris Perry (from the Bengals). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (possibly a 4th round pick).
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move by the Packers. I've been saying all year that an upgrade over Cullen Jenkings would be a very smart move by the pack.

I know a lot of you think he's special, but Thomas is a much better bet and will help legitimize a Packers defense that still has numerous gaps.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Here's some JAR (Joe Arrigo Rumors) from today:

Quote:
The Packers plan on making a BIG PUSH for Adalius Thomas. The team feels he can have a major impact as a DE and even play some SLB. Ted Thompson has made him his top priority (as long as the Raven don't Franchise him). Even though he said he like warm weather (on Cold Pizza), money talks and the Packers have alot of it.

I think the Packers have decided to NOT pursue Randy Moss and will upgrade the WR position via the draft. In the end, they would rather risk a pick on a player that is younger and has less baggage. The Raiders asking price also has went up and the packers don't want to pay the price tag (possibly a 1st round pick).

A player the Packers have privately inquired about is Chris Perry (from the Bengals). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (possibly a 4th round pick).
I wud love that, young and fresh and would allow us to not take a RB in RD 1, Maybe hold off until RD 4 to draft a RB.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Good move by the Packers. I've been saying all year that an upgrade over Cullen Jenkings would be a very smart move by the pack.

I know a lot of you think he's special, but Thomas is a much better bet and will help legitimize a Packers defense that still has numerous gaps.
Yea, and Thomas would also get some PT at LB, at which time Jenkins would come in at DE. Jenkins would also rotate at DT. This type of role, imo, is best for both Jenkins and the team.

I'm not banking on Thomas coming to Green Bay, but if he did, the front 7 of this team would be very, very good.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Yea, and Thomas would also get some PT at LB, at which time Jenkins would come in at DE. Jenkins would also rotate at DT. This type of role, imo, is best for both Jenkins and the team.

I'm not banking on Thomas coming to Green Bay, but if he did, the front 7 of this team would be very, very good.
I also predict that if Thomas is signed Packers fans will rejoice and say what an immediate upgrade it is and how they needed another pass-rusher, but if he's not they will all say how Cullen Jenkings is the answer and the D-line is fine and that he wasn't worth the money. Just saying it now before it happens.

Edit: I think this move would benefit the secondary just as much as the front 7. Nothing helps out a secondary more than a consistant pass-rush.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I also predict that if Thomas is signed Packers fans will rejoice and say what an immediate upgrade it is and how they needed another pass-rusher, but if he's not they will all say how Cullen Jenkings is the answer and the D-line is fine and that he wasn't worth the money. Just saying it now before it happens.

Edit: I think this move would benefit the secondary just as much as the front 7. Nothing helps out a secondary more than a consistant pass-rush.
I'll go on record now as saying Jenkins and KGB would be sufficient for next year, but a couple levels below Thomas and Jenkins. There, I covered both fields.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

i want thomas first jenkins second. if we do not acquire moss from the raiders im leaning toward ginn in round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont want ginn at all. Ginn is pretty similar to greg jennings. If we were going to draft a wr in round 1, I see us going after jarrett because of his unigue build.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790
I dont want ginn at all. Ginn is pretty similar to greg jennings. If we were going to draft a wr in round 1, I see us going after jarrett because of his unigue build.
for me hes going to have to run a good 40 time to change my mind.

Quote:
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
Old 02-19-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ya his 40 will be crucial. Id rather get lynch anyway but i was just saying that we would go after jarrett more than ginn (assuming there both still there)
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
Ya his 40 will be crucial. Id rather get lynch anyway but i was just saying that we would go after jarrett more than ginn (assuming there both still there)
true. im against lynch though. there isnt much reasoning behind it i just dont feel like we should pick him i feel that we can pick up someone later

Quote:
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ginn is a burner who can spread the feild with his speed while Jennings is more of a YAC reciver with great hands and decent speed. The only thing i see similar is their height.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Ginn is a burner who can spread the feild with his speed while Jennings is more of a YAC reciver with great hands and decent speed. The only thing i see similar is their height.
he is also a kick returner as well and could even potentially play CB if we pushed it

Quote: