Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Another big win by State last night taking out Vandy. Bost and Ravern Johnson stepped up big with Jarvis getting in foul trouble. Very winnable game at LSU coming up
I'm surprised by MSU, I knew Varnardo was good and still there but with Gordon leaving I wasn't expecting a whole lot. One of only three remaining undefeated SEC teams.

UK rolls over UGA, we're looking good.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gophers follow up their big win in Madison with an ugly loss at Northwestern. I will now launch myself off a cliff.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Gophers follow up their big win in Madison with an ugly loss at Northwestern. I will now launch myself off a cliff.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im curious as to why you said Louisville didn't deserve the win? I was there, they overcame a deficit in both halfs and just had more stamina. That is what this team has done all year, they are the team that is in the best shape in every single game.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I got my bet in on Wake Forrest in time. I bet that they would win the 2009 NCAA Championsihp a few days ago and the odds were 30:1. I put in $35 and it will pay out $1025. Then when they beat UNC it went down to 20:1 and thought I would add another $5 or so to win $100 profit. Now that they beat Clemson its down to 12:1. :)
Old 01-18-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Adrien just got his 40th double double of his career.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm surprised by MSU, I knew Varnardo was good and still there but with Gordon leaving I wasn't expecting a whole lot. One of only three remaining undefeated SEC teams.

UK rolls over UGA, we're looking good.
Bost has been huge in SEC play so far. We keep playing this well we're gonna make the dance no sweat.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Bost has been huge in SEC play so far. We keep playing this well we're gonna make the dance no sweat.
If you went 12-4 in SEC, won the west I would think that'd give you a good shot (win a game or two in the SECT).
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Jeff Adrien just got his 40th double double of his career.
That's all he has? HE'S A BEAST!

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankin...r=2009&week=11

Wake jumps Duke, Pitt drops to 4

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I know ASU lost to USC, but we did beat UCLA so I'm upset we dropped 1. I'd prefer if we'd just not move at all.

Also, WTF with Notre Dame still being ranked. They have 5 losses this year with 3 of them being by double-digits.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Big East advertising campaign keeps Notre Dame ranked. Seriously, it's beyond ridiculous for them to be top 20.

Seth Davis voted ND 12th this week, wonder how much they're paying him.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 01-19-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
The Big East advertising campaign keeps Notre Dame ranked. Seriously, it's beyond ridiculous for them to be top 20.
The worst is that the Big East isn't even one of the top-2 conferences. Here is how I'd rank the conferences top to bottom:

1. ACC
2. Big Ten
3. Big East
4. Big 12
5. Pac 10 (God we suck royally this year. Well, at least it's helped ASU!!!!)
6. SEC
7. MWC
8. C-USA
9. A-10
10. WCC

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is the big ten better then the big east?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland State beat Syracuse. Cleveland State is 5th in the Horizon League, Syracuse is 4th in the Big East. Therefore, Horizon League is much better than the Big East. Here is a Yodachu guarantee, a total of ZERO Big East teams will make the Final Four. The Big East is overrated as a good ****.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
how is the big ten better then the big east?
Big 10 is better top to bottom than the Big East and it isn't a tough argument to make. UConn is a joke as far as a team is concerned and their ranking will be exposed when they don't make it past the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. They've not beaten 1 team currently ranked in the top-25 and Thabeet has been shown to be completely awful on the offensive end of the ball. Pitt is a legitamate team and I would say they are probably better than every team in the Big 10. But they have also played a really weak schedule and I wouldn't be surprised if given the chance, Michigan State might beat them. As far as Louisville is concerned, Minnesota beat them back in December, so they do have a loss to a Big 10 team. My points are scattered, but the bottomline is that preseason and easy non-conference schedules allowed for the misconception that the Big East deserves 9 bids in March and is the best conference "ever". The fact of the matter is that if the conference gets 9 bids, watch for only 1 making it to the Elite 8, which would be a major disappointment for the conference.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Big East and ACC are always the beauty queens of the regular season but they never put more teams in the final four than the SEC, Pac-10, Big 12 or Big 10. That lovely media market they're in really inflates what how people view them, then they get exposed in the tournament.

In the last 3 seasons the ACC and Big East combined have put a whole 2 teams in the Final Four. The SEC and Pac-10 have put in more teams by themselves than those two combined. Without looking I'm sure the ACC and Big East have way more 1 seeds than the SEC or Pac-10.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Big 10 is better top to bottom than the Big East and it isn't a tough argument to make. UConn is a joke as far as a team is concerned and their ranking will be exposed when they don't make it past the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. They've not beaten 1 team currently ranked in the top-25 and Thabeet has been shown to be completely awful on the offensive end of the ball. Pitt is a legitamate team and I would say they are probably better than every team in the Big 10. But they have also played a really weak schedule and I wouldn't be surprised if given the chance, Michigan State might beat them. As far as Louisville is concerned, Minnesota beat them back in December, so they do have a loss to a Big 10 team. My points are scattered, but the bottomline is that preseason and easy non-conference schedules allowed for the misconception that the Big East deserves 9 bids in March and is the best conference "ever". The fact of the matter is that if the conference gets 9 bids, watch for only 1 making it to the Elite 8, which would be a major disappointment for the conference.
so cause Louisville got beat my Minnesota in December that makes the big ten a better basketball conference?

I told everyone in the Knicks thread that Thabeet is awful on o so that aint news to me.

Uconn is over rated yeah but its not like the tourney is tomorrow so rankings don't mean much now.

you really think Michigan state can beat Pitt? i really don't see it i can even seeing Georgetown beating Michigan state

now i am not saying big east is the best conference ever but to say the big 10 is better it is stupid to me outside of Michigan State and Minnesota there is a huge drop off in talent when you look at the other teams the big east has a lot of good teams in conference where on any given night the lower ranked team could win cause the talent levels are equal
Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

For some reason Louisville just plays awful until January, never fails but they kick it into gear in Big East play.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
UConn beat Wisconsin 76-57.
Northwestern beat DePaul 63-36
Minnesota beat Louisville 70-64
Marquette beat Wisconsin 61-58
Notre Dame beat Indiana 88-50
Ohio State beat Notre Dame 67-62
West Virginia beat Ohio State 76-48

Big East is 4-3 against the Big Ten.

Big Ten 16-24 vs. AP Top 25
Big East 20-18 vs. AP Top 25 (Top 11 Teams)

The Big East's Top 11 teams are 20-18 against teams ranked in the AP Top 25. The Big Ten is 16-24.

You argue that Thabeet is useless on offense, which is true, but the offense does not run through Thabeet. A.J. Price, Jerome Dyson and Jeff Adrien do the scoring on that team. The team runs just as well with Thabeet out of the game.

Pittsburgh has veteran leadership at PG in Levance Fields, and a solid interior scorer in DeJuan Blair, with good wing scorers in Sam Young and Biggs, combined with good defense. The recipe for a Final 4 run.

Syracuse has arguably one of the best PGs in the nation in Jonny Flynn, and a established low-post scorer in Arinze Onuaku. Plus that 2-3 defense is known to give team fits.

Marquette and Louisville are senior-laden squads as well and not to mention undefeated in the Big East year.

Michigan State is the best team in the Big Ten, no argument there, and with Morgan, Lucas and Suton, they could contend for a Big East title.

But Minnesota? Illinois? Michigan? These are middle of the road teams if they play in the Big East. Yes, the Big East may be overrated, but to argue that the Big 10 is a better conference, that's a bit preposterous.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is any conference better than the Big East top to bottom? The Big East this year has the most depth of any conference I've seen in a while. The ACC is top-heavy but after the first 4 or 5 teams, there's nothing. Big 10? Gimmie a break. They have one good team in Michigan State and the rest are average. No one is better than the Big East from top to bottom.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Michigan?
You watch what you say about Manny Harris' squad, good sir.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota are very, very good looking young teams.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone can honestly say that the big east isn't the best conference, they are kidding themselves. It may not be the best conference ever, but it is definitely the best conference this year BY FAR.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Predict your #1 Seeds...

Mine would be Wake Forest, UNC, Pittsburgh, and Oklahoma.

I think UConn will fizz out a bit as they hit the hard part of their conference schedule, and I think Duke will struggle down the stretch, well just because I want them too. Oklahoma is my sleeper, I think they could legitimately run the table in the Big 12.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football