Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Britton could be had at 33, but as someone else pointed out he is more of a RT prospect which we don't need as we have Cherilus. I'm not sold on Moore being first round talent either. Harvin won't happen as there are far more pressing needs....he would be nice, but not practical.

I would like to see something like Aaron Maybin and Duke Robinson. I know Duke is a OG, but if there are no value picks at OT sitting there, then Duke would be the man. Alex Mack would be nice as well....
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=noondog;1443285]I think Britton could be had at 33, but as someone else pointed out he is more of a RT prospect which we don't need as we have Cherilus. I'm not sold on Moore being first round talent either. Harvin won't happen as there are far more pressing needs....he would be nice, but not practical.

Disagree that Britton will be there at 33 and that he is a RT only, just the opposite, Very good length and footwork.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel safer with a marcus mcneil type of physical freak of nature. i don't want anybody with the skill set of backus since we already have that. especially with gaither, kropog, and loadholt available without having to spend the 33 pick.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

I am all on the Stafford wagon. Canon arm that is compared with Jay Cutler. Yeah I will take that as a new starter at the QB posistion.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF we don't take Stafford #1.. I say Eugene Monroe should be the OT pick. I think he'll end up being picked higher than Andre Smith.

That being said.. we'd be stupid to pass up on Stafford. I wouldn't say he's the best QB Prospect since Peyton Manning.. but he should be very good.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
IF we don't take Stafford #1.. I say Eugene Monroe should be the OT pick. I think he'll end up being picked higher than Andre Smith.

That being said.. we'd be stupid to pass up on Stafford. I wouldn't say he's the best QB Prospect since Peyton Manning.. but he should be very good.
Amen. I will pass that along to Mr. Ford for you . . .
Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that someone would want to pass on the conscious top QB in the draft and top 10 overall player. For a QB who will at best be picked in the early 2nd round the following year. Remember 3% success rate, while also playing in a gimmicky offense in college. That boggles my mind why someone would want to do that.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only practical reason for Detroit not taking Stafford at #1 would come down to what he'd want as a contract vs what Monroe/Smith/Oher would want. I think that the Lions will feign interest in taking one or two of the top LT's as a bargaining chip, but Stafford will ultimately be the man.

Like previous years, we'll know a few days before the draft who it will be anyhow...
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCoy over Stafford would remind me of Tennessee taking Vince Young over Jay Cutler. How much would Jeff Fischer rather have Jay Cutler right now.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This article makes me sick:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...down-17895196/

Why do people think Tim Tebow is a better NFL prospect than Stafford and Sanchez?

Mind-boggling.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

Why do people think Tim Tebow is a better NFL prospect than Stafford and Sanchez?

Mind-boggling.
Since when is Andre Smith a can't miss left tackle prospect? He has just as many questions about him as Stafford or Sanchez. This guys seems like someone who doesn't watch a lot of college football and went off sterotypes and stats.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

Mind-boggling.

Same reason Millen took 3 WRS in a row. They stoopid(in a Rosie Perez voice).

Tebow has the Heismans and great stats and some serious intangibles and athletic ability, but if you watch him throw the ball, you just wonder how he does it. Spread offense QB's scare the bejesus out of me.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how many people have become afraid of QB's. The same people that were calling Matt Ryan overrated last year are saying this is fat:

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Old 01-20-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thread probably should of read Stafford this year or Bradford/Snead next year because the Lions would probably have that option. If you had a player out there this year with a clear cut higher grade than Stafford you'd either go with that player or trade down. I dont think that is the case, Matt will probably have the highest grade by draft time of anyone out there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote