Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: Which player??
Vontae Davis CB Illinios 1 4.00%
Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech 1 4.00%
James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State 2 8.00%
B.J. Raji DT Boston College 12 48.00%
William Moore S Missouri 2 8.00%
Everette Brown DE Florida State 1 4.00%
Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma 1 4.00%
someone else.. 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who do you want the Falcons to Draft with their 1st pick?

Who would make the most sense for the Falcons to draft?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it if Vontae Davis was our pick, but i dont think he will fall that far down. i really like b.j raji so i would not mind us taking him and i think its more likely
Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe it's me, but I think Foxworth and Dahl are perfectly fine meaning we don;'t need CB or OG.

btw, I chose Raji

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i haven't seen much of raji but he's getting a lot of hype so hopefully he fulfills expectations if we do draft him. regardless of who i want, i think raji will be the pick if he is available because of mike smith's background.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took Bj Raji because I think he would be just sick inbetween Abe and Babs in our D-Line. Imagine that. I also strongly considered MJ, Moore, and Laurinaitis. I think brian Cushing and Brandon Pettigrew are also very possible. I dont like the idea of picking Duke Robinson or Vontae Davis.
I like Everette Brown but how would he fit? Not too good, unless we want him replacing Abe.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
nfcsouth25

CB

Vontae Davis, Illinois,
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.39.

Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 202.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.

D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt
Height: 5-10. Weight: 183.
Projected 40 Time: 4.41

Safety

William Moore, FS/SS, Missouri
Height: 6-1. Weight: 227.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.

we need secondary help
Old 01-17-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're saying we need secondary help but really the defense is a whole. They are one, upgrading at LBer or DL will help your secondary.

Falcons have 4 CB that they can trust right now. Chris Houston, Foxy, Hutchins, and Chevis. Hopefully we are able to re-sign foxy. For that reason, i would not touch a CB in the first and that's even not considering other needs we have.

As far as safety goes, Milloy will probably be replaced, but it might not come from the draft. Thomas DeCoud hasn't done much defensively but was a stud on the special teams especially at the end of the year. I think we will sign a safety in the FA and have him compete with Thomas DeCoud for that starting job.

Our linebackers need some changing. They were horrible this year. Lofton is a good defender but cant play pass for ****. He's very slow and unathletic. We need small and fast OLBers that can cover. Boley was not the same and just looked like a bad fit, Brooking lost a step (or two/three).

As far as D-line goes, obviously we need a NT and that's the primary need for us right now. Something people are missing out is that LE spot. I lost trust in Jamaal Anderson, we need someone. If we can bring either Haynesworth or Pepper to ATL, that will immediately put our defense near the top.

Considering everything we are looking at NT or LBer in the first round.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-17-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB is our most urgent need but i would take d-line in the first round. either everette brown or bj raji.

karlos dansby would be a perfect signing.

and for our secondary, it can be improved but i think we have to make due with what we have now. hopefully von hutchins plays well after his long injury and if we resign foxworth, we have a good nickel back in either von or houston and a more than decent dime back in chevis jackson. and hopefully decoud is a stud.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think its time to put a big OG up front to make that running game even more dangerous for Michael Turner and keep Ryan even more effective then... yes your secondary needs help and so does the DLine but there is depth in the secondary in this draft and your off season should be focused on adding a guy like Albert Haynesworth...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B.J. Raji, obviously, but he seems to be top 15, top 20 talent right now and doesn't seem like his stock will let up.

I wonder how Vontae Davis would be at S. Some people have him projected there.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Maybe I'm over-stating the problem, but I'm really unimpressed with Davis's character...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I think its time to put a big OG up front to make that running game even more dangerous for Michael Turner and keep Ryan even more effective then... yes your secondary needs help and so does the DLine but there is depth in the secondary in this draft and your off season should be focused on adding a guy like Albert Haynesworth...
WE DONT NEED AN OG! we need to keep the guys we have. more chemistry on the line will only help. and if we do get an OL we'd get a true RT and move Clabo to RG.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-18-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vontae Davis is a monster. He is huge for a CB, as in when you look at him. I mentioned before how the football team at my school went to U of I for some practices and they thought Vontae was wearing shoulder pads when he wasnt... and its not like all the players were like that. He is very athletic and a good coverage back. Id be happy to have him, but it isnt out biggest need

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

if I'm getting Vontae Davis, I'm moving Von Hutchins to S.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-18-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Entirely agree that the O-line should be left to develop together. Drafting someone for depth/development in the 3rd or 4th may be sensible, but it would be HORRIBLE for morale to reward Clabo and Dahl for such a good season by drafting or signing a replacement.

If Clabo and Dahl can keep it up next year, then they get resigned long term. If one or the other doesn't, then we can think about replacing them.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preo32 View Post
Vontae Davis is a monster. He is huge for a CB, as in when you look at him. I mentioned before how the football team at my school went to U of I for some practices and they thought Vontae was wearing shoulder pads when he wasnt... and its not like all the players were like that. He is very athletic and a good coverage back. Id be happy to have him, but it isnt out biggest need
he seems to be too similar with his brother--freak athlete with low motivation and character issues. if CB was the last piece we needed for a super-bowl caliber team, i MIGHT consider taking him but we are pretty set at CB. him at S would be interesting though..
Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no idea at this point, but I will say BJ Raji is the most interesting prospect to me right now. There's one thing that bothers me right now: He seems to be far and away the #1 NT prospect in the draft, yet he's projected to go in the 20's. This year's crop of NT's seems so weak that I wonder why he doesn't go higher if he truely is a first round prospect.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Raji certantly helped his stock so far in the senior bowl.

He measured in at

6'1" 5/8

334lbs

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Raji certantly helped his stock so far in the senior bowl.

He measured in at

6'1" 5/8

334lbs
Well damn. With a lot of guys staying in school it's gonna hurt us. With there only being 1 real first round S and NT, there is a slimmer n slimmer chance we land one. There isn't really a 1st round TE either unless we think Pettigrew is the guy.

Even with that, still only 3 players. OLB too. Curry is the only guy that would be great. Cushing is alright but I'm not a big fan. I like Weatherspoon much better.

What I'm saying is we might be better off trading our 1st rounder for somebodies next year. I'm thinking somebody will want to move back to our spot.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont see Raji falling that far. Denver takes him for sure at 12 if he is there because they are making the switch to a 3-4 and need a true NT
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Well damn. With a lot of guys staying in school it's gonna hurt us. With there only being 1 real first round S and NT, there is a slimmer n slimmer chance we land one. There isn't really a 1st round TE either unless we think Pettigrew is the guy.

Even with that, still only 3 players. OLB too. Curry is the only guy that would be great. Cushing is alright but I'm not a big fan. I like Weatherspoon much better.

What I'm saying is we might be better off trading our 1st rounder for somebodies next year. I'm thinking somebody will want to move back to our spot.
I agree, the draft doesn't look real good for us right now. Im confident however our FO will do a great job however they do. Im just hoping they can get a great player in the freeagency. IDK if Raji goes to denver that high.

-Weatherspoon is going back to school too :(

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Weatherspoon is going back to Mizzou???

YES imma be a student there next year most likely if i decide to go, which at this point is my top choice.... ill be watching him play then

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I like Alex Mack with our number 1 pick. He was the only one who could stop Raji in the Sr. Bowl. He could really anchor the line and help Ryan with his calls and such.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote