Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like McNulty a lot. Like Jonny said, he loves the deep ball and if it works once he'll keep going back to it all game. Problem is that ACC defenses are better and Jacory doesn't have the strongest arm.

But it's all moot now.

Martinez sounds alright, but he got lit up by GT no different from us. I don't want a repeat of last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Chavez Grant. Unfortunately that was the highlight of his career so far. Too small and too slow to be anything more than a nickel back though.

Really like the McNulty hire if we end up going that way. Probably more than most of the candidates that were being talked about.

I'd really like Martinez as well. Love UGA's style of defense.
thanks you.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would LOVE to get Martinez back here!

Our recruiting would be even more disgustingly good than it is already! It would be RIDICULOUS! Not to mention our defense would be freak nasty again!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Will Miami and Notre Dame every get up again during the regular season to renew that old rivalry?
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
Will Miami and Notre Dame every get up again during the regular season to renew that old rivalry?
Ask ND. Not up to us. We schedule everyone.

Heck we played UF this year on their turf with their refs because that was what it took to schedule them.

We had 6 away games this year while most big time programs have 5 because we are willing to take a harder schedule.

It's not on us. It's other schools that dropped us in the 90's because they were sick of getting pounded.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Ask ND. Not up to us. We schedule everyone.

Heck we played UF this year on their turf with their refs because that was what it took to schedule them.

We had 6 away games this year while most big time programs have 5 because we are willing to take a harder schedule.

It's not on us. It's other schools that dropped us in the 90's because they were sick of getting pounded.
As cocky as that sounds, it's true. ND won't schedule Miami. Our new AD specifically singled them out as a future opponent he'd like to schedule and ND declined.

Also the reason why we'll never play Texas OOC again after the absolute coldcocking we gave them 46-3 in the Cotton Bowl. They hate us. We had like 20 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that game. Thrill Hill ran into the tunnel and performed one of my all time favorite celebrations.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
As cocky as that sounds, it's true. ND won't schedule Miami. Our new AD specifically singled them out as a future opponent he'd like to schedule and ND declined.

Also the reason why we'll never play Texas OOC again after the absolute coldcocking we gave them 46-3 in the Cotton Bowl. They hate us. We had like 20 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that game. Thrill Hill ran into the tunnel and performed one of my all time favorite celebrations.
That dance was classic.

But yea Texas, UF, ND. There's a laundry list of team that either won't play us or will only play us on their terms.

That's why I give props to Oklahoma. They have never been afriad to schedule us.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even vs Ohio State we have 2 @ OSU and 1 @ Home

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give ND an excuse...you can only get manhandled once a year, and USC holds that spot as the official ND manhandler.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I'll give ND an excuse...you can only get manhandled once a year, and USC holds that spot as the official ND manhandler.
Yea you got that spot from us as default when they stopped scheduling us.

Don't worry tho. Soon they'll get sick of getting beat down by you and switch to Texas or something like that.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea you got that spot from us as default when they stopped scheduling us.

Don't worry tho. Soon they'll get sick of getting beat down by you and switch to Texas or something like that.
I dont know, USC vs ND is one of those rivalries that's a definite classic. Some trojan fans consider ND our "real" rival, and I just dont see them trying to run from us no matter how many times we beat them (I think they still have the lead..but not for long, especially with Petey on board).

Now what I'd like to see is Miami vs USC home and home in the future, I'd bust a nut right there. Think of the recruiting opportunities. :D
Old 01-22-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I dont know, USC vs ND is one of those rivalries that's a definite classic. Some trojan fans consider ND our "real" rival, and I just dont see them trying to run from us no matter how many times we beat them (I think they still have the lead..but not for long, especially with Petey on board).

Now what I'd like to see is Miami vs USC home and home in the future, I'd bust a nut right there. Think of the recruiting opportunities. :D
I'd love to see the game but I'll pass on Cali recruits.

Still feeling the burn of Kyle Wright.

Tho Vaughn Telemaque looks like he's gonna be a monster here. Tell Pete thanks for dragging his feet on that one.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

USC is scheduling a home and home with Minnesota right now! Bet you didn't know that..
Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
USC is scheduling a home and home with Minnesota right now! Bet you didn't know that..
I think I heard, but don't think I cared when I did. Hopefully we get that big tackle from minny, or something. Maybe pete sees good recruits up there, that's the only thing I can think of.

Quote:
Still feeling the burn of Kyle Wright.
You win some, you lose some.

Quote:
Vaughn Telemaque looks like he's gonna be a monster here. Tell Pete thanks for dragging his feet on that one.
I dont know who pete was recruiting or trying to recruit when Telemaque wanted an offer, but it better be somebody good. I wasn't happy when the hawk committed to you guys. I did think the whole "vice city" thing when he decided was cool.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CaneInEastTexas
Rookie

CaneInEastTexas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CaneInEastTexas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Some thoughts on Martinez

I used to coach HS football in Georgia and our staff coached with the UGA staff at their summer camps. I can tell you a few things about Coach Martinez:
- He was the first one to meetings every morning
- His players never fooled around or goofed off
- He sat with the HS coaches to eat lunch and answered everyone's questions
- He can be a bit intimidating
- His favorite phrase was "knock his dick off" which made us laugh (but not in front of him)

I would be pleased to see him in the DC role at Miami.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how you all feeling about Mark Whipple???
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie Martinez went to my high school. :o

Just thought I'd share.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

It's Whipple baby!

**** yea.

I'm pumped. He was high on the list of guys I wanted.

Surprised he didn't get locked up by Philly with Shurmur gone.

This seals up all the questions with the offensive recruits as well.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from scout.com on Mark Whipple

Quote:
Bottom Line: He flat out gets results. He knows what championship football is all about. He would bring a winning mentality to the program. He'd bring NFL experience to the program. With Whipple running the show in Coral Gables, the Canes could absolutely become one of the nation's most explosive offenses as early as next season.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's Whipple baby!

**** yea.

I'm pumped. He was high on the list of guys I wanted.

Surprised he didn't get locked up by Philly with Shurmur gone.

This seals up all the questions with the offensive recruits as well.

I think he could see the Miami OC job as a better opportunity than Donovan McNabb's personal coach. I gotta agree with that too because Philly will always have high expectations and let's just say they go 9-7 next year and Donovan struggles; that entire coaching staff could be gone. Here he gets to be in charge of an entire offense.

BTW: Are you hearing Whipple is done from anywhere else other than Ferman over at Rivals, or is he the only one breaking this story right now? I'd love to hear multiple sources call it done...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I think he could see the Miami OC job as a better opportunity than Donovan McNabb's personal coach. I gotta agree with that too because Philly will always have high expectations and let's just say they go 9-7 next year and Donovan struggles; that entire coaching staff could be gone. Here he gets to be in charge of an entire offense.

BTW: Are you hearing Whipple is done from anywhere else other than Ferman over at Rivals, or is he the only one breaking this story right now? I'd love to hear multiple sources call it done...
Insiders say it's been done since yesterday.

Scout is reporting it as well.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Larry121283
Rookie

Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

Gary? Are you serious. He was saying YESTERDAY that Whipple wasn't a candidate.

Mike and Chris were the first to report this story...heck, Mike had to come out and tell users that Whipple was still a candidate after Gary went on his crusade the past few days.

The less you guys listen to Gary, the better off you will all be. He doesn't have any credible sources. That was never more evident then when Gary decided to throw out every possible name under the sun ranging from Gunter Brewer to Dean Pease to Mike Shula to Bill Musgrave.

Last edited by Larry121283 : 01-24-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Larry121283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Larry121283
Rookie

Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.

Thoughts on the signing...like I've been saying on scout...Mark Whipple brings a collegiate version of the Greatest Show on Turf offense to Coral Gables. His playbook is pretty vast for the college level and he is the type to push the envelope and push it every play. Think of it as the 60-minutes of hell offense.

His style of offense is the exact opposite of Patrick Nix...

I would have also liked John (Jimmay) McNulty...including the package he would have brought over.
Larry121283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneInEastTexas View Post
- His favorite phrase was "knock his dick off" which made us laugh (but not in front of him)
You almost made me spill my drink when I read that.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry121283 View Post
Thoughts on the signing...like I've been saying on scout...Mark Whipple brings a collegiate version of the Greatest Show on Turf offense to Coral Gables. His playbook is pretty vast for the college level and he is the type to push the envelope and push it every play. Think of it as the 60-minutes of hell offense.

His style of offense is the exact opposite of Patrick Nix...

I would have also liked John (Jimmay) McNulty...including the package he would have brought over.
I liked McNulty as well.

Hopefully Whipple can be swayed from the Philly gig. Being an OC at Miami looks much better on a resume then a QB coach for Philly. Set himself up for an NFL OC job quicker.

Anything on the DC. I'm starting it hear that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Randy takes that spot over and just get a little help.