Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-15-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
We've lost Schwartz to the Lions. To be honest, I'm not to bent up about it. I expect us to promote McGinnis to Defensive coordinator and not miss a beat.
It would be scary if you guys got a more aggressive DC.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Dungy for Dc......

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope we bring in the vikings DC lol
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
It would be scary if you guys got a more aggressive DC.
It would be. i'm not sure about Bulluck's blitzing ability because he just seems to work well dropping into coverage or in man to man. Thorton I think would be great, cause he does have that burst of speed to get around the tackle. I hope it is an in house candidate that replaces Jim, just because I think they would look at the mistakes that he did (ie. lack of blitzing and still in the top 5 in sacks) and correct it.

I am also in agreement with you TitanHope, just because by this point in time the franchise should have a good idea as to whether or not Vince Young is cut out to be our starting QB. Having a QB manage a game is alright, but in the end I don't believe that you will go far by doing that. You need a QB that could be a threat (either via dismantling the coverage or making plays while on the run). Also, if we start using spread/shotgun formation a bit more with VY and CJ in the backfield, just imagine how many ways you can utilize it. Perhaps we can see VY in his Rose Bowl versus USC form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
I am also in agreement with you TitanHope, just because by this point in time the franchise should have a good idea as to whether or not Vince Young is cut out to be our starting QB. Having a QB manage a game is alright, but in the end I don't believe that you will go far by doing that. You need a QB that could be a threat (either via dismantling the coverage or making plays while on the run). Also, if we start using spread/shotgun formation a bit more with VY and CJ in the backfield, just imagine how many ways you can utilize it. Perhaps we can see VY in his Rose Bowl versus USC form.
Thanks man. In fact, I'm gettin into it with a few guys on TitansCentral over the KC/VY debate. Here's a link if ya'll wanna watch: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...30772&trail=30

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Thanks man. In fact, I'm gettin into it with a few guys on TitansCentral over the KC/VY debate. Here's a link if ya'll wanna watch: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...30772&trail=30
Thats just ridiculous man, its like hitting your head against the wall on some of those posts.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2009, 02:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. It kinda feels like I'm arguing with myself.

But, they're all wrong and I'm gonna find a way to tell 'em why. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that pathetic, chris johnson is our MVP not kerry collins, our offense is designed to lower offensive turnovers, young just couldnt handle it, put any veteran in and they wont get sacked much or turn the ball over
Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

guys if we could pick up a very good receiver in FA such as TJ then what would you guys say to drafting josh freeman if he fell to us, i know nobody sees that as a need but i think young is a no hoper and collins has one season left i would say, if we could get freeman in (best QB prospect in my eyes) then we could let him learn for a year then put him in when collins steps aside, we should try and trade young for what ever we can get to some desperate team
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Josh Freeman and I don't think he'd be a big enough upgrade over Young. Plus I'm not totally sure Fisher has given up on Young. The only way I see us going after a QB in this draft is if somehow Sanchez falls past the 49ers and we trade up a lot to get him. Then we could sit him for a year behind Collins and let him take over the reigns in 2010.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Josh Freeman and I don't think he'd be a big enough upgrade over Young. Plus I'm not totally sure Fisher has given up on Young. The only way I see us going after a QB in this draft is if somehow Sanchez falls past the 49ers and we trade up a lot to get him. Then we could sit him for a year behind Collins and let him take over the reigns in 2010.
I doubt it happens. Not just with the money that is tied up with VY, but the fact that Jeff Fisher has stated that VY is the future of the franchise, and seems not to have given up on him. If he turns into Alex Smith, then by all means he should be gone, but he has been in the league for 3 years, had a great rookie campaign, rough sophmore season and a lost 3rd year. Its still too early to count him out stephenson IMO, he still has the talent, he just needs the right OC (lets admit that Norm Chow just did not work)

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I doubt it happens. Not just with the money that is tied up with VY, but the fact that Jeff Fisher has stated that VY is the future of the franchise, and seems not to have given up on him. If he turns into Alex Smith, then by all means he should be gone, but he has been in the league for 3 years, had a great rookie campaign, rough sophmore season and a lost 3rd year. Its still too early to count him out stephenson IMO, he still has the talent, he just needs the right OC (lets admit that Norm Chow just did not work)
I'm not saying we'd trade up for Sanchez if VY is still on the roster. If we traded him for some reason that's a scenario in the draft I'd like to see because I really think Collins only has one more good season. And the Jeff Fisher saying VY hasn't been given up on could just be politics and coach speak to maybe keep trade value up. Who knows? I highly doubt that, and I do still think the organization believes Vince is our future but that's a possibility that can't necessarily be thrown out of the window either.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

TitanHope! I found this picture and thought you might like it. Maybe for a sig or something. Check it out; http://splog.nationallampoon.com/fil...9/01/hope2.gif
Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about the prospect of us signing a veteran MLB this offseason??? With a new DC coming in, there's a good chance that the MLB position will be more of an emphasis than it was under Schwartz, who preferred more coverage sets. Fowler's clearly nothing more than a backup. And while Tulloch played pretty well, I think the position could be improved upon. The coaches experimented with Tulloch at MLB & OLB this preseason, so they might view him as the eventual replacement for Bulluck. Regardless, he could provide valuable depth off the bench next year.

Anyway...there are quite a few good MLBs available:
--Ray Lewis (RAVENS)
One of the most productive LBs of the last decade. Lewis is getting older but he's still effective and had over 100 tackles this year for a good defense. Lewis has had some well-publicized off-the-field issues in the past, but he seems like a professional in the locker room and brings an undeniable intensity to the field.

--Bart Scott (RAVENS)
Scott has been overshadowed by other defensive players on his team (i.e. Lewis, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, etc.), but he's a good LB in his own right who could come in and immediately improve the MLB position. With Lewis and Suggs both FAs this offseason, the Ravens might have to let Scott walk.

--Eric Barton (JETS)
An underrated LB, Barton has had over 100 tackles in 5 out of 10 seasons in the NFL. Barton could be a bargain in a FA market that has bigger names; however, with new HC Rex Ryan being a defensive guy, the Jets might opt to bring him back for another season.

--Mike Peterson (JAGUARS)
Peterson is as good as gone from the Jaguars after a harsh, well-publicized falling out with the coaching staff. He's battled some nagging injuries during the past few years and he's on the downside of his career; but when he's healthy, he's proven that he can be a force against the run. The Titans stole Thornton from an AFC South rival a couple years ago. Maybe they do it again this offseason.

--Jonathan Vilma (SAINTS)
Vilma is young, athletic, and has been productive during his career -- notching over 100 tackles in 4 out of 5 seasons. The Saints managed to steal him from the Jets last season and he quickly proved his worth. He's the type of guy who could surprisingly get a lot of attention on the FA market; however, with the Saints looking very concerned about defense this offseason (as illustrated by the Gregg Williams hiring), they might choose to re-sign Vilma to solidify their LB crew.

--Channing Crowder (DOLPHINS)
Crowder is a young, athletic LB with some good speed. He was the best tackler on a defense that was much improved under Bill Parcells and new coach, Tony Sparano. Local news reports are saying that Crowder is as good as gone this offseason, as the team hasn't been very enthusiastic about re-signing him. Could be a solid, long-term contributor in the right scheme.

--James Farrior (STEELERS)
Farrior is old, but he's still contributing as one of the most underrated LBs of the past decade. Farrior isn't only a solid tackler but also provides some blitzing capability from the LB position. The Steelers don't typically spend a ton of money on FAs; however, Farrior might choose to return to the team for his final few years rather than finding a new home.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
that pathetic, chris johnson is our MVP not kerry collins, our offense is designed to lower offensive turnovers, young just couldnt handle it, put any veteran in and they wont get sacked much or turn the ball over

Why is that pathetic? As much as I made fun of the Titans last offseason for drafting yet another running back, the third time really turned out to be the charm for them. Johnson had almost 1,500 all purpose yards, 4.9 ypc and his speed and big play ability is what made the Titans offense tick as much as anything. You could see what happened to the Titans offense when Dash went out of the game with that ankle injury.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Why is that pathetic? As much as I made fun of the Titans last offseason for drafting yet another running back, the third time really turned out to be the charm for them. Johnson had almost 1,500 all purpose yards, 4.9 ypc and his speed and big play ability is what made the Titans offense tick as much as anything. You could see what happened to the Titans offense when Dash went out of the game with that ankle injury.
He's saying it's pathetic that the fans on the boards TH is on are saying Kerry Collins is the MVP.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
What do you guys think about the prospect of us signing a veteran MLB this offseason??? With a new DC coming in, there's a good chance that the MLB position will be more of an emphasis than it was under Schwartz, who preferred more coverage sets. Fowler's clearly nothing more than a backup. And while Tulloch played pretty well, I think the position could be improved upon. The coaches experimented with Tulloch at MLB & OLB this preseason, so they might view him as the eventual replacement for Bulluck. Regardless, he could provide valuable depth off the bench next year.

Anyway...there are quite a few good MLBs available:
--Ray Lewis (RAVENS)
One of the most productive LBs of the last decade. Lewis is getting older but he's still effective and had over 100 tackles this year for a good defense. Lewis has had some well-publicized off-the-field issues in the past, but he seems like a professional in the locker room and brings an undeniable intensity to the field.

--Bart Scott (RAVENS)
Scott has been overshadowed by other defensive players on his team (i.e. Lewis, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, etc.), but he's a good LB in his own right who could come in and immediately improve the MLB position. With Lewis and Suggs both FAs this offseason, the Ravens might have to let Scott walk.

--Eric Barton (JETS)
An underrated LB, Barton has had over 100 tackles in 5 out of 10 seasons in the NFL. Barton could be a bargain in a FA market that has bigger names; however, with new HC Rex Ryan being a defensive guy, the Jets might opt to bring him back for another season.

--Mike Peterson (JAGUARS)
Peterson is as good as gone from the Jaguars after a harsh, well-publicized falling out with the coaching staff. He's battled some nagging injuries during the past few years and he's on the downside of his career; but when he's healthy, he's proven that he can be a force against the run. The Titans stole Thornton from an AFC South rival a couple years ago. Maybe they do it again this offseason.

--Jonathan Vilma (SAINTS)
Vilma is young, athletic, and has been productive during his career -- notching over 100 tackles in 4 out of 5 seasons. The Saints managed to steal him from the Jets last season and he quickly proved his worth. He's the type of guy who could surprisingly get a lot of attention on the FA market; however, with the Saints looking very concerned about defense this offseason (as illustrated by the Gregg Williams hiring), they might choose to re-sign Vilma to solidify their LB crew.

--Channing Crowder (DOLPHINS)
Crowder is a young, athletic LB with some good speed. He was the best tackler on a defense that was much improved under Bill Parcells and new coach, Tony Sparano. Local news reports are saying that Crowder is as good as gone this offseason, as the team hasn't been very enthusiastic about re-signing him. Could be a solid, long-term contributor in the right scheme.

--James Farrior (STEELERS)
Farrior is old, but he's still contributing as one of the most underrated LBs of the past decade. Farrior isn't only a solid tackler but also provides some blitzing capability from the LB position. The Steelers don't typically spend a ton of money on FAs; however, Farrior might choose to return to the team for his final few years rather than finding a new home.
If we were to go after any of these guys I'd want Crowder, but I think we'll just promote our coordinator from within and I don't know how much it will really change. Also, we're probably going to get some compensatory picks this off-season and might just draft one with one of those picks.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Clay Matthews Jr., anyone? Nephew of THE Bruce Matthews!

Also, that Obama-style Chris Hope img is AWESOME, VDM! I've been trying to resize it all morning, lol.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Clay Matthews Jr., anyone? Nephew of THE Bruce Matthews!
I see him as more of an OLB or ILB in a 3-4.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Possibly, but it's still intriguing. I wonder if he can play MIKE in a Cover 2. Don't see how he can play ILB in a 3-4 but not in a 4-3. Right now, he's the exact same size of James Laurinaitis only slower.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Scott's Senior Bowl coverage, the Titans spent some time observing Utah kicker Louie Sakoda today. However, also according to Scott, Sakoda has looked TERRIBLE all week and hasn't shown the leg or accuracy that you look for in an NFL kicker.

BUT...I wonder if the Titans are thinking about Sakoda as a potential punter replacement for Hentrich, who is a free agent (I think) and who is getting older and has had some nagging injuries the past couple of years. Apparently, Sakoda did some punting for Utah his junior year and was pretty good at it.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I wonder if the Titans are thinking about Sakoda as a potential punter replacement for Hentrich, who is a free agent (I think) and who is getting older and has had some nagging injuries the past couple of years.
More than likely. Seems like some people think Hentrich is leaning towards retiring so they'll need a replacement. I think they could get by with using a 7th rounder or waiting until undrafted free agency to get one though.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Tennessee fans. Its your friendly RCAChainGang:

I was very curious as to what you think about VY. I agree with the statement stephnson86 said. Do you guys see VY starting next year and being successful? I'm not sure you guys would have been 13-3 if Young had finished the season. You guys have an elite defense and it seems like you just need a good solid game manager at QB. I would like to know what you guys think about Young's future as well as Collins's.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Great question RCAChainGang! What people don't understand about comparing Vince and Kerry's success to one another is that they played on two very different teams.

Kerry came in and managed the game, something every backup QB should do. That was enough for the Titans to win. Indy started slow, Jax had OL injuries and under-achieved, Texans didn't show up until Week 10 like always, and overall had a relatively easy schedule out of division. The Titans OL was much better at pass-blocking with quicker inside OL's, and the running game was actually able to score points. Carr has been a HUGE upgrade at KR/PR too.

In '07, Vince wasn't on a team good enough to just be a game manager, and he had Indy and Jax to play twice a year and an 8-8 Texans team. It was arguably the toughest division in the NFL along with the NFC East. The OL wasn't as good at pass blocking, and had injuries to Kevin Mawae, Benji Olsen, and Jacob Bell during the final stretch of the season. LenDale put up yards, but it was because he had over 300 carries. He had a poor YPC, couldn't break a long run, and had no one behind him to spell him. Plus the poor field position and muffs from a terrible KR/PR rotation.

The key difference is that Collins didn't have to make a play in every game to win it; Vince did. Collins is still the guy who turns the ball over and completes a low percentage. He hasn't changed, and once he's not behind the best pass-blocking OL in the NFL and has a Pro Bowl RB that can take it to the house on any given play, then I think we'd see the same ole KFC.

I still am disappointed that Vince didn't play this season. But Kerry came in and lead the team to victory, and by the time Vince was ready to come back, it was apparent that the AFC was wide open. Tom Brady was out for the season, and Indy, Jax, and San Diego were struggling. Only one '07 AFC playoff team was doing well, and that was Pittsburgh. Fisher realized that we had a chance to win the Super Bowl that season, so he went with Collins. Collins gave us the best chance to win this season, and to his credit, he got us 2 games away. But if the Patriots, Jags, Colts, Chargers, and Pitt are tearing it up and the likelihood of a playoff spot is diminished, then Vince Young is the '08 starter despite the play of Collins and the success of the team. Vince needed the season to be developed, but an opportunity was presented that the coaches couldn't pass up.

Vince still needs development, but this team can win now. That's why it's hard to project as starter. This is the way I see it. If the Titans re-sign Albert Haynesworth, then Collins is the likely starter for '09. Vince has to win the job outright if he wants to start. If Fat Al comes back, we have a great chance at the playoffs and maybe a Super Bowl, so Vince's development will be put on hold again in favor of the Collins whose best for winning now. If Albert Haynesworth leaves in FA, then I think Vince will be the starter at QB. The Titans will want Kerry, but as a backup just incase Vince goes down as he's proven he can win with this team. Collins wants to start or retire, so maybe the Titans will have him as the TC starter and then find a way to give it to Vince around preseason. Without Fat Al, the Titans chances of winning decreases along with the chances at the playoffs and Super Bowl. Because of that, they'll elect to start Vince in hopes he'll develop in time for them to make a playoff push at the end of the season and be prepared and able to lead the team next season to the playoffs.

I have faith that Vince can be the franchise QB the Titans intended him to be, and I personally give him a pass in his first two seasons though it may be generous. But, it's crunch time and it's not egos and wasted draft picks to worry about. We've entered our window of opportunity to win a Super Bowl, and Vince has to become the player we all know he can be before that window closes. If he doesn't, then we'll have to go in another direction and find a QB who can win now whether in FA or trade.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
I have faith that Vince can be the franchise QB the Titans intended him to be, and I personally give him a pass in his first two seasons though it may be generous. But, it's crunch time and it's not egos and wasted draft picks to worry about. We've entered our window of opportunity to win a Super Bowl, and Vince has to become the player we all know he can be before that window closes. If he doesn't, then we'll have to go in another direction and find a QB who can win now whether in FA or trade.
give me matt cassell lol o/j, i agree with you there HOWEVER if VY cant lower is turnovers then he needs to be gotten rid of, turnovers kill any team and if hes turning the ball over hes no use to us at all