Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-11-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel Quinn can fit in the block 1st then be the #3/#4option perfectly. I dont think we need a TE. We need a CB that isn't the least physical CB in all of football.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think WR first round if DHB or Maclin are there because the depth at corner in this draft gives many great corners available in the second and third rounds. Hakeem Nicks is also a guy I am very high on and think is a safe guy who will produce from day 1. CB's in the 2-4 range I love for this team are Deangelo Smith, Darius Butler, Macho Harris, and Kevin Barnes.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing Gage tear us apart yesterday I would say a bigger corner is the Ravens #1 need. The problem with that is I don't think there is anybody worth taking in the first that fits that description, maybe D.J. Moore will be there but I doubt it. After thinking about it for a while, I'd say Mach Harris wouldn't be too bad of a fit. I was a big Harris hater earlier in the season but I have since lost some of that hate.

So, for CB I would say this is my list for guys I want the Ravens to get:

1. D.J. Moore
2. Vontae Davis
3. Mike Mickens
4. Kevin Barnes
5. Macho Harris

Vontae may be a real possibility in the late first, it seems like his stock is dropping because of a very sub-par year.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Farva

The problem vs. the Titans wasn't the coverage, it was up front. Any old man with an arm can pick you apart if he has all day to do it. Tennessee has a hell of an o-line.

I say WR is still top priority, but I think Ozzie & Co. will end up taking who they feel is best no matter the position. Except QB, RB, S (obviously).
Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
The problem vs. the Titans wasn't the coverage, it was up front. Any old man with an arm can pick you apart if he has all day to do it. Tennessee has a hell of an o-line.

I say WR is still top priority, but I think Ozzie & Co. will end up taking who they feel is best no matter the position. Except QB, RB, S (obviously).
And O-Line

We need to give Flacco a deep target to throw to I don't see spending a 1st rd pick on a WR though? I think we have had better luck with DB in the 1st and there are a ton of them out there...lets find a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rd and maybe even look at the FA market for a gem ....Hank Baskett? or maybe Devery Henderson ? its going to be hard for NO to sign Colston and Henderson..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we don't just need a "deep threat" type guy, we've got that in Demetruis Williams (whos got the talent to be better than Devery Henderson) We need that potential "elite" type WR. Someone who preferably excels are the deep ball, yes; but who is stout at everything else as well. Curl routes, slants, good hands, vision, route running, etc. Heyward-Bey fits the bill but is very raw but with the type of coaching staff we have here, I wouldnt be worried about hmi not being coach right. However, after going through this year and making it our fine with Fabian Washington, Frank Walker, and Samari Rolle as our top corners, obviously we need help there as well. D.J. Moore is someone Ive been following and I've even heard Vontae Davis could slip to our pick, (not likely) corner is indeen a big a need as WR. I guess its up the FO to make the choice. LB is also huge as well as d-line depth.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Well, we don't just need a "deep threat" type guy, we've got that in Demetruis Williams (whos got the talent to be better than Devery Henderson) We need that potential "elite" type WR. Someone who preferably excels are the deep ball, yes; but who is stout at everything else as well. Curl routes, slants, good hands, vision, route running, etc. Heyward-Bey fits the bill but is very raw but with the type of coaching staff we have here, I wouldnt be worried about hmi not being coach right. However, after going through this year and making it our fine with Fabian Washington, Frank Walker, and Samari Rolle as our top corners, obviously we need help there as well. D.J. Moore is someone Ive been following and I've even heard Vontae Davis could slip to our pick, (not likely) corner is indeen a big a need as WR. I guess its up the FO to make the choice. LB is also huge as well as d-line depth.
Henderson over his career is averaging almost 22ypc.... D-Will almost 16ypc

I agree we need an elite type guy that can be the go to for Flacco for the next decade but we need a deep threat and unless Clayton gets faster in the off season I think he is the ultimate slot guy to compliment that deep threat and our goto guy... what if we gave up our 1st rd this season for Ocho Cinco?? Our 1st this year is late in the rd and the value we could get out of the production from a Top WR...
Old 01-19-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
If your a Sophmore you've only been in college for 2 years, drafting someone straight from college w/ only two years of playing could be a risk, (just imo) and I would doubt all those players you named are gone by our pick, I mean if you look at the remaining games of our schedule I doubt we will do so good-

Week 9 BAL @ CLE - L W

Week 10 BAL @ HOU - L W

Week 11 BAL @ NYG -L W

Week 12 PHI @ BAL - L W

Week 13 BAL @ CIN -W W

Week 14 WAS @ BAL - L L

Week 15 PIT @ BAL - L L

Week 16 BAL @ DAL - L W

Week 17 JAC@ BAL - L W

We end up going 5-11, and thats if you look at it in a negative way(red), if you be postive(blue) I really think we are capable of beating Jacksonvillie, New York, Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, and Philly. So you you look at our schedule optimisticly we can go 11-5. or somewhere near there (10-6 or 9-7) However I am looking at our schedule negativly and see us losing some games we should be winning and should set us up nicely for the draft.
I love how your optimistic view of the season ended up spot on.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:29 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

So will all the Victor Harris fans stop beating his drum... he got beat like the nerd in middle school all week at the senior bowl. We need to go after WR 1st via the draft and CB in the 2nd and DL in the 3rd.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

harvin or nicks
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
harvin or nicks
neither for our offense. We need a deep threat WR or a corner.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
So will all the Victor Harris fans stop beating his drum... he got beat like the nerd in middle school all week at the senior bowl. We need to go after WR 1st via the draft and CB in the 2nd and DL in the 3rd.
Not if Vontae Davis is there at 26.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Not if Vontae Davis is there at 26.
he won't be... too many teams need DBs ....
Old 01-23-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

if Vontae is at our pick, and we don't take him... oh man... oh man...
Old 01-23-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
he won't be... too many teams need DBs ....
But Malcolm Jenkins for sure if ahead of him and IMO at this point Alphonso Smith and DJ Moore. The Ravens are one of the few teams which can maximize his potential.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote