Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What will Boldin net in a trade?

What will he fetch in a Cardinals trade?

Interesting topic on these boards.

Some think he'll get the Cardinals multiple first round picks (group A) while others think he will get them multiple seconds (group B) or maybe just one first.

I want to reiterate that this is not a thread about what you believe his trade value is- it's about what he will ultimately be traded for.

I'm part of group B and my reasoning is this...

-Wonderful overall player with admirable toughness but some troubling injury history (I don't think this is really arguable- he's played all 16 games just twice in his 6-year career and has missed a total of 16 career games).

-Randy Moss netted a 4th rounder, T.O. a 2nd (That was Baltimore-they got it back, Eagles eventually gave up Brandon Whiting and a 5th), and a young Javon Walker (somewhat similar situation to Boldin), a 2nd. All of those players, in my opinion, were more valuable than what they netted in each trade.

-The entire world knows Boldin wants out of Arizona which means the Cardinals don't have any leverage in trade discussions. This is the key to trade negotiations.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote