Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-26-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default *Mattison Promoted to DC*

Quote:
Greg Mattison will replace Rex Ryan as the Ravens' defensive coordinator, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
In addition, special assistant Vic Fangio was promoted to assistant head coach/linebackers. The Ravens stayed in-house with these hires because they intend to keep Ryan's system completely intact. Mattison was the defensive coordinator at Florida during the Gators' 2006 BCS Championship run. He is also a longtime friend of the Harbaugh family.
Source: ESPN.com
DARN! I really wanted Clarence Brooks but in the end, any of those guys would have made a good DC. All know the system and are close with the players. Good choice by Harbaugh

edit: *LINK*
Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Mattison
Mattison seems like a good choice, after reading about him.

Also, Vic Fangio is now the new assitant head coach. Interesting move IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I don't think they can go wrong with any of them... I mean really everyone we replace has been better then the one before so what do we have to look forward to??????
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

From Mattison? I really don't know, we'll probably be a better tackling unit, and get to the ball in .01 seconds lol. I guess we'll just have to see huh?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
From Mattison? I really don't know, we'll probably be a better tackling unit, and get to the ball in .01 seconds lol. I guess we'll just have to see huh?
Tackling might be our biggest problem on defense, especially the secondary. I'm starting to like this hire more and more, he reminds me of Jim Johnson a little in how he likes to use a pressure 4-3. Hopefully he can convert into an pressure 3-4, and a more disciplined one.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Tackling might be our biggest problem on defense, especially the secondary. I'm starting to like this hire more and more, he reminds me of Jim Johnson a little in how he likes to use a pressure 4-3. Hopefully he can convert into an pressure 3-4, and a more disciplined one.
But the organized Chaos we have lived with the last few years has been EXTREMELY successful and I don't think we suffer from a poor tackling we suffer from a defense that hasn't been healthy !! as aggressive as we are we also suffer at the hands of the human body?!?!?!! Our depth is our strength on Defense so I think as long as we can stay healthy we will be in the hunt for a Super Bowl victory !!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well w/ our secondary Cmac was out and he was a phyiscal CB that would tackle. Ed Reed is hurt so he isn't as physical as he once was, and as we know Samari Rolle couldn't tackle a JV WR.