Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah Cassel would be a big mistake unless you fully committed to bringing in the Patriots offensive scheme. Even then I would hesitate to stake turning around a franchise on one good year by a QB. It could be Derek Anderson all over again.

In regards to K Smith, we cant draft a backup when we have so many other holes.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I don't think you guys should be signing big name guys now, do what the Dolphins did and get average free agents to help your depth with a solid draft.
This was the Lions plan "last" year and it didnt work out so well. Darby. Bodden. Dwight Smith. These were all average guys who Marinelli thought would work in his Tampa 2.

Haynesworth is the type of player the Lions need. When you think of their talent on defense remove Ernie Sims and tell me who you think of... its hard isnt it ? :) They have drafted poorly from rounds 1-7, and haven't been able to replenish the team with talented players. To turn this around we need some veterans who can make an impact NOW along with a good draft this year in order to make the playoffs 2 years from now....if we're lucky.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post

When you think of their talent on defense remove Ernie Sims and tell me who you think of... its hard isnt it ? :)
Cliff Avril.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with Cliff and Ernie, who can argue that having Haynesworth would not make a massive impact on the 'D' as a whole? We have the cap space....try and grab him. He will inherently make others around him better, not just Ernie and Cliff.

The Lions can't afford to be down by three majors by the end of the first half every second game again this year. If they do, defenses just gear up for another second half aerial attack by the Lions and we lose again. We need to keep games close to give our offense a chance to mix up the plays a little.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with raji rising out of our reach i'm more open to haynesworth. dts are too tough to come across. i would just make sure we do thorough background checks on him and make sure that he still wants to play and loves the game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schwarz would know that as well as anyone right now considering he's been coaching him for the past however many years coupled with his background experience as a scout, wouldn't he?
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haynesworth has been playing the last two years for big contracts. After he signs a huge ass deal, he's gonna mail it in.

What does it say about a player if he comes to an 0-16 team? He's coming for the money. I don't want any players like that. I'll wait to make big FA signings until we're about 8-8.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
with raji rising out of our reach i'm more open to haynesworth. dts are too tough to come across. i would just make sure we do thorough background checks on him and make sure that he still wants to play and loves the game.
Yeah my 1b wish pick a month ago had Raji. I would love to see the lions grab a run stopping d-man. Thats what we need in a running division that has Peterson, Forte, and Grant. If we can't get a Raji, then spending money on Haynesworth is fine.

Someone mentioned what type of player is he if he goes to Detroit; he is only in it for the money. I look at it another way. Because we are Detroit we need to entice him with something and Franchise History isn't our trump card. New Coach he is familiar with, Defensive Philosophy, and yes Mo money, mo money, mo money... The guy is human. Not all players who change teams and sign new deals roll over and play dead, ... thats just what we are used to here. You have to hope it will change.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Lions version of Pudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Haynesworth has been playing the last two years for big contracts. After he signs a huge ass deal, he's gonna mail it in.

What does it say about a player if he comes to an 0-16 team? He's coming for the money. I don't want any players like that. I'll wait to make big FA signings until we're about 8-8.

I think Albert could do for the Lions what Pudge did for the Tigers. Pudge signed with a bad team that could only go up and his experience and leadership at an important position made everyone around him better which lead to the team being better. I truly believe that you build from the inside/out and Albert would go along way to turning the defense around.
Next you find a leader at Middle Linebacker and work on the O-Line. You win games by stopping the run and being able to run the ball.
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you speak to my heart when you mention pudge

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference is Pudge was much older and we were basically the only team at the time that wanted him and was willing to pay a big contract. Turns out he still had some good years left, and he's still one of the best defensive catchers in the league, and is probably one of the top 3 all around catchers of all time. Albert is still a young guy (generally speaking) and will have a million offers from better teams. There's also questions about his drive once he gets a big deal, and effort was really never a question with Pudge, only what he had left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote