Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-26-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default T.J. Houshmanzadeh

I've read multiple reports today indicating that we are interested in unrestricted free agent WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

I personally don't like him much but I do think he is a pretty good player and would help the team. Worth the price we'd have to pay? Not in my opinion, but I'm biased because I flat-out don't like the guy (kinda like summond feels about Crabtree LOL:p ).

What REALLY scares me about this:

A) If we really do get him, we'd probably have to overpay (that's just the nature of the business these days). Considering he is a solid but not game-changing player, I don't think it's worth it.

B) If we did sign him, that would most likely decrease the chances we take Crabtree.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Housh is a very good WR. I'm just not sure if he is a #1 WR. He has what you look for in a WR for your team: runs good routes, has great hands, hard work ethic, but he just doesnt have that go-to-guy feeling. He is also pretty old, I think around 30 years old.

I wouldnt be severely disappointed if he signed with us, but I have a feeling he will sign for more than he is worth somewhere. I also really want us to get Crabtree.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
Housh is a very good WR. I'm just not sure if he is a #1 WR. He has what you look for in a WR for your team: runs good routes, has great hands, hard work ethic, but he just doesnt have that go-to-guy feeling. He is also pretty old, I think around 30 years old.

I wouldnt be severely disappointed if he signed with us, but I have a feeling he will sign for more than he is worth somewhere. I also really want us to get Crabtree.
No you don't. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houshmanzadeh is probably my favorite FA on the market, other than Albert Haynesworth and Leroy Hill.

He is a #1 WR (IMO), and truly has been for years. He was the reliable one in Cincinnati. While Chad Johnson (Ocho-Cinco w/e) was catching headlines, Houshmanzadeh was catching TD's. He would be a great asset to the team. He is also a great complement to Burleson and Branch. He might actually be a replacement for Engram (which would kinda suck...).

The Seahawks have enough room under the cap to spend some money, so I think they are going to make a splash in FA. Houshmanzadeh would be great. He would also make it so we probably don't take Crabtree (bonus IMO :P)

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him too. He is pretty solid and would fit in well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote