Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Forget about Marcus Hall.

I already stated. We will land Barrington and 2 of Campbell, Tiller or Bunche.

Those guys will put us at 22.

I expect 1 or 2 more guys after that to get us to the 23-24 range.

Who those last 1-2 guys are is too soon to tell right now. Depends on visits next week. White, Washington, Reid, Richardson all coming in. And there's still alot developing with Massie and Charles. Simply too close to call at this point.
I thought Campbell was already and given? And why would we have any reason to think differently about Tiller and Bunche? I think we get all 3 of those guys.

And is Massie still a realistic possibility? I thought we kind of dropped off with this guy recently? And I had NO idea we were in it for Greg Reid!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I thought Campbell was already and given? And why would we have any reason to think differently about Tiller and Bunche? I think we get all 3 of those guys.

And is Massie still a realistic possibility? I thought we kind of dropped off with this guy recently? And I had NO idea we were in it for Greg Reid!?
Campbell still doesn't have his grades in order.

Not getting all 3 of those OL named. Staff doesn't want them all. Too many would play the same position and the staff is not willing to take them all. Been hearing that Bunche could be an odd man out depending on what happens with some of the other OL. Tiller was always a backup plan. We should get 2 of those guys. But don't expect all 3.

Massie is still very much in play.

Greg Reid is expected to be visiting this weekend. He's an FSU lean but we are a huge wildcard for various reasons. Will know more after the weekend.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats Campbell's first name? I'm not a recruiting buff

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Whats Campbell's first name? I'm not a recruiting buff
Daniel Campbell

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Daniel Campbell
Staff was looking at him and Bunche for the same position. Taking Bunche could be a signal that we are not getting Campbell.

Bunche IMO was/is the better prospect as he does have some OT ability but he should play OG here.

However, Campbell did have the bigger offers and that mean I could be off in my evaluation.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Bunche is OT all the way? Everything I read says that pass blocking is his biggest strength and I also was under the impression that Campbell is a guard.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I thought Bunche is OT all the way? Everything I read says that pass blocking is his biggest strength and I also was under the impression that Campbell is a guard.
Bunche is being looked at as an OG from what I can tell.

The OTs in this class are Jermaine Johnson, Cory White, and likely Andrew Tiller.

Then we are looking at Brandon Washington, Jared Wheeler, Malcolm Bunche and likely Peter White as OG.

If for w/e reason we don't land Tiller, Bunche would likely get a crack at OT but I don't think that's the path they want to take with him.

Campbell is an OG all the way.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MIAMI is coming back. They will be a powerhouse next year!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not so fast....Bunche is being looked at as our backup RT from day 1, or at least that's what Shannon told him (Shannon doesn't lie much). He's athletic and a good pass blocker, plus he's 6'6" at 17 years old. I think he'll develop into an OT for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
CherryGarcia510
Rookie

CherryGarcia510 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As crazy as it sounds Don't be surprised if Tiller ends up at Syracuse

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig
CherryGarcia510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought... I wonder what we'll do if all 3 rb's in this class sign... Cause, isn't Cooper and Baby J coming back... Doesn't that give us 5 guys who can start at other schools???

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 01-27-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think Stephen Plein is an OT prospect. He may come in and play/practice at TE at first (hopefully while redshirting) but he will put on the weight and be an excellent LT prospect in 2-3 years.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I also think Stephen Plein is an OT prospect. He may come in and play/practice at TE at first (hopefully while redshirting) but he will put on the weight and be an excellent LT prospect in 2-3 years.
Being looked at as a blocing TE.

He would need 3-4 years to be a good LT anyways.

Never really bought the OT hype with him.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Random thought... I wonder what we'll do if all 3 rb's in this class sign... Cause, isn't Cooper and Baby J coming back... Doesn't that give us 5 guys who can start at other schools???
JJ is not being counted on. Hes a walking injury.

Cooper was always been as a change of pace. He needs help to be effective.

Mike James is being looked at as a Najeh Davenport type FB.

Cannot count on any freshmen. We wont know how ready they are until they see the field. Bryce Brown and Lamar Miller included.

Dont sleep on Lee Chambers.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miami's already thin tight end position just got a bit thinner.

Starter Dedrick Epps has reportedly undergone ACL surgery and will at least miss the spring. His availability for the start of the season is uncertain at this point.

Epps was spotted today with a full cast on his left leg.

With Epps on the shelf the only scholarship players this spring are seniors Richard Gordon and Tervaris Johnson, who is a converted defensive back.

Epps finished last season with 22 catches for 304 yards and two scores. His reception total was fourth-most on the team.

As a sophomore he played in 10 games and had eight catches for 83 yards, including the memorable game-winning grab at Florida State. His freshman year he playd in six games, starting one, and didn't have a catch.
This is a brutal injury and now a tight end is becoming an absolute must to end the class with. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Streeter to put on some pounds to split time next year.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

I heard we were going to offer Terrell Mitchell a 3 star TE who is coming on visit this weekend. Hes 6'5" 225, from Georgia, we got on him late in the recruiting process so I don't know how good our chances are on him. With the injury to Epps it really pushes us to find another end. We'd all like Orson Charles, maybe Whipple can get in his ear and pursuad him back in our favor. I heard he wasn't going to sign on signing day so maybe that will give us some time to work on him.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Quote:
JJ is not being counted on. Hes a walking injury.

Cooper was always been as a change of pace. He needs help to be effective.

Mike James is being looked at as a Najeh Davenport type FB.

Cannot count on any freshmen. We wont know how ready they are until they see the field. Bryce Brown and Lamar Miller included.

Dont sleep on Lee Chambers.
Okay... And who was that small back who got carries with Cooper vs the Gators, when JJ got injured? I think he wore the jersey number 2x

Didn't know Mike James could get that big.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 01-27-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
This is a brutal injury and now a tight end is becoming an absolute must to end the class with. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Streeter to put on some pounds to split time next year.
Awful ******* news. This just reinforces the need for Orson Charles and to me it seems like we haven't/aren't pushing hard enough for him.

BTW I'm REALLY excited about Whipple and I'm drinking every kind of Kool Aid you put in front of me. The guy sounds like the real deal and at the very least he knows how to tell me what I wanna hear. From what I gathered it was Shannon 1on1 that really sealed the deal so I credit for Randy for bringing him in and selling the U. Whipple's buying us and we should buy him back.

-player's coach
-personnel coach
-adaptable pro-style
-balances the run game
-high expectations/winning mentality
-huge playbook
and more....

This guy is like the anti-Nix. I'm in such ******* euphoria right now....I just want the season to start already.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea you're definitely not the only one lol. Spring practice is less than a month away. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Being looked at as a blocing TE.

He would need 3-4 years to be a good LT anyways.

Never really bought the OT hype with him.

Come on man, even his HS coach says he thinks he will be an OT in college. He played DE in HS and couldn't crack the two deep at TE because as his coach put it "we had two other really good TEs"

He is 6'6" 250 pounds right now and skinny! If he plays TE here in it's a waste of a scholly. I'd rather wait three years for a potentially good LT than offer a guy in June because we think his ceiling is a blocking TE and nothing more.

Plus why would you put Cory White at tackle when Plein is taller and weighs more?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Come on man, even his HS coach says he thinks he will be an OT in college. He played DE in HS and couldn't crack the two deep at TE because as his coach put it "we had two other really good TEs"

He is 6'6" 250 pounds right now and skinny! If he plays TE here in it's a waste of a scholly. I'd rather wait three years for a potentially good LT than offer a guy in June because we think his ceiling is a blocking TE and nothing more.

Plus why would you put Cory White at tackle when Plein is taller and weighs more?
Cory White plays Tackle in HS.

Stephen Plein does not and has never played tackle.

Besides I'm just repeating what I've heard as far as the coaching staffs outlook. Unfortunately Plein's HS coach doesn't work for Miami.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Cory White plays Tackle in HS.

Stephen Plein does not and has never played tackle.

Besides I'm just repeating what I've heard as far as the coaching staffs outlook. Unfortunately Plein's HS coach doesn't work for Miami.
I'm guessing the coaches have given him a plan where he red shirts and adds weight in year one, blocking TE in year two, then moves to tackle years 3,4,5. If he doesn't gain the mass like they assume/hope he will, he stays at TE but we have two years to find out ala Jason Fox and Eric Winston.

You just don't take a guy that early no one else is on if his ceiling is a blocking TE.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'm with Hollywood on this one.

Who's to say he can't work at OT and still be a blocking TE anyway? Didn't Byrd play TE against Cal....

IMO the only reason he's being projected to TE is because we've failed to recruit that position and are stuck...with no one.

Like Hollywood said, it makes more sense that we offered him early as a projected OT than a blocking TE when we already had Billy Sanders and were working on other TEs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Joey, it says in the new Rivals article about the Ray Ray and Dyron visit that Ray Ray will play safety at Miami!

YAY!!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Joey, it says in the new Rivals article about the Ray Ray and Dyron visit that Ray Ray will play safety at Miami!

YAY!!
He ain't playing safety.

He's gonna go the route of Cookie Buchanan.

Cookie played safety for half a season and moved to LB. That's what's gonna happen with Ray Ray.

Mark it down.