Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Which 1st round WR prospect do you like most for the Ravens?
Kenny Britt, Rutgers 2 25.00%
Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland 5 62.50%
Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR Prospects for the Ravens

Which WR prospect do you think the Ravens should go after if they were picking one in the first round? Darrius Heyward-Bey, Kenny Britt, or Hakeem Nicks.

I believe these three will be the only ones worth selecting when it comes to our pick, and Nicks might be the only one there when we pick anyways. An explanation would be nice with your posts, although I think all three would be great for the Ravens.

EDIT: I screwed up when posting this. If anybody can edit this and add a poll it would be much obliged, with the 3 options being Britt, Nicks, and Heyward-Bey.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 01-22-2009 at 09:44 PM.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:30 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrius Heyward-Bey, he is everything we need. At 6'3 206 he has the size we drastically need,and his sub 4.4 speed is something every team needs. But what we get in him that no one ever talks about is his mean streak, he can block with best of WRs and he is a leader on and off the field!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, Heyward-Bey would be the one I want right now. I don't know how much Nicks would add to our offense, although he would be a great guy to move the chains. There's something about Britt that I don't like, and it has to do with his attitude. I know he behaved himself at the end of the year, but I don't like the "get me some and screw everybody else" way of thinking. I have a feeling that our F.O. and Harbaugh won't either. As ERU said, Darrius is exactly what we need. Even if he measures in smaller than what he is listed, he would still be our biggest WR (IDK about Marcus Smith).
Old 01-23-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

For many reasons DHB would be the guy.. but the question remains his reality vs upside potential.. thats the bug that bites so many in the draft. He has shown flashes in college. But is he a Charles Johnson or Andre Johnson type or a Charles Rogers or Troy Williamson??? I think we should go after a play maker like Percy Harvin.. I think his Reggie Bush like stature will drop him in the draft.. but he is a great slot guy a la DeSean Jackson that can burn you deep on any given play...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
For many reasons DHB would be the guy.. but the question remains his reality vs upside potential.. thats the bug that bites so many in the draft. He has shown flashes in college. But is he a Charles Johnson or Andre Johnson type or a Charles Rogers or Troy Williamson??? I think we should go after a play maker like Percy Harvin.. I think his Reggie Bush like stature will drop him in the draft.. but he is a great slot guy a la DeSean Jackson that can burn you deep on any given play...
The thing about Harvin is he doesnt fit any need of ours. We already have two guys who would be great in the slot in Mason and Clayton. I realize Harvin is faster than both but to me Harvin is a luxury for us and not something that makes us much better if he makes us any better at all. I know we always go best available so if we get to 26 and a laundry list of players better than him are gone then we have to go Harvin and thats that. But personally I rank 5 or 6 WRs higher than Harvin.......

1. Michael Crabtree (Texas Tech)
2. Darrius Heyward-Bey (Maryland)
3. Jeremy Maclin (Missouri)
4. Hakeem Nicks (North Carolina)
5. Mohammed Massoquio (Georgia)
6. Brandon Lafell (LSU)
7. Brandon Tate (North Carolina)
8. Percy Harvin (Florida)

Turns out I actually rank him 8th.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Right now I would rank them in this order (for who I want/think will be there):

1. Heyward-Bey
2. Nicks
3. Britt

As ERU said DHB is everything we need right now. I am really starting to like Nicks a lot, he could be that move-the-chains/over-the-middle receiver that we also really need. Clayton and Mason seem to be good guys to throw to on the outside, but our deep/middle guys are terrible. I still don't like Britt...
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO I want Hakeem Nicks in the first round. I think he is so underrated. He kind of reminds me of Torry Holt but is thicker, not Anquan strong, but he's pretty damn strong. As a receiver he can run every route and he has such strong hands and is a big play threat as well as possession guy. I think he can be a #2 WR from day 1. My only problem with him is he needs to refine his out routes as he appears to round out his routes but that can be fixed. DHB to the Ravens would be a dream, but honestly if you are talking about who will help me as a receiver from day 1 I think Nicks is #1 in the entire draft, I think he will make a quicker progression than even Crabtree, although his ceiling isn't there with Crabtree, Maclin, and DHB. I do think people may be overlooking him and he could turn out into an All pro.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default (1st round) WR prospects for the Ravens

Poll added to the thread.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just have to go with DHB the Ravens have been lacking a big wideout besides Dwill but with flaccos arm strength and DHB speed i think that can pair up well in bmore
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Poll added to the thread.
Thank you very much, me and my dumb mistakes lol.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dwill has been severly over rated by us. I think he can be a decent average-above average WR but I don't think he will be a super star. Also Nicks would be great for us but we drafted Marcus Smith who is the same style, and Smith is still a project this is his 2nd season at WR and I don't wanna give up on him. I say get DHB.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure about same Style. Marcus Smith is tall and strong and can block, that's it. No separation no run after the catch. Nicks is a huge YAC guy and is sure handed. Like I said earlier I really feel he can be a Torry Holt type receiver although I'm sure people have varying opinions on him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Not sure about same Style. Marcus Smith is tall and strong and can block, that's it. No separation no run after the catch. Nicks is a huge YAC guy and is sure handed. Like I said earlier I really feel he can be a Torry Holt type receiver although I'm sure people have varying opinions on him.
IDK about that comparison, Holt seems to have had good speed while Nicks seems average. If I were to compare him to anybody, it would be... Boldin?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think taking a project type player in DHB is a bad idea.. our window to win with THIS team is short.. we need an impact type guy.. I think Britt would be a better pro right away or Nicks but DHB still needs a lot of refining...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I think taking a project type player in DHB is a bad idea.. our window to win with THIS team is short.. we need an impact type guy.. I think Britt would be a better pro right away or Nicks but DHB still needs a lot of refining...
I agree with that. But with what DHB would be able to bring to the team right away it would help us immensely. Most notably a deep threat and jump-ball guy. I know it would take a while for him to learn the more difficult parts of being a NFL WR, but he would immediately bring us what we didn't have this year.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I agree with that. But with what DHB would be able to bring to the team right away it would help us immensely. Most notably a deep threat and jump-ball guy. I know it would take a while for him to learn the more difficult parts of being a NFL WR, but he would immediately bring us what we didn't have this year.
I guess from the standpoint of we have some tread left on mason's tires and Clayton is a great #2 WR to compliment anyone.

Couldn't we get more value by signing a guy like TJ Whosyourmama maybe and still drafting DHB and then trading clayton for some additional draft picks next year when we have about 10mil coming off the books from JO and McNair and we can start stockpiling good young talent to surround our old vets...
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

DraftParty posted some recent videos of the three WR prospects in my poll.

Darrius Heyward-Bey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaB...eature=related

Hakeem Nicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWakmo3_m2s

Kenny Britt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98US...eature=related

Of the three videos I think Nicks stood out the most. Heyward-Bey had some nice plays, but I noticed a ton of screens thrown his way. Britt looked unspectacular yet he seemed solid, although I didn't really see him run any great routes. Nicks on the other hand had some terrific routes and is amazing after the catch.

As of now I rank these three WR in this order:

1a. Heyward-Bey
1b. Nicks
3. Britt

Nicks and Heyward-Bey are even right now for me. I still don't like Britt...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I see Britt being in the TJ Housmanzadeh mold he is not spectacular but he consistently puts up numbers... but I do agree we need someone that can blow past a CB and go deep..