Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-26-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres only a few movies from this years crop that will get multiple viewings from me down the years. The Wrestler, Slumdog and probably Torino...oh and TDK. **** technical execution, **** great ensembles. BB is blahhhhh.

@_@
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Theres only a few movies from this years crop that will get multiple viewings from me down the years. The Wrestler, Slumdog and probably Torino...oh and TDK. **** technical execution, **** great ensembles. BB is blahhhhh.

@_@
you're bah >:[

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have decided I'm going to have a Bill Murray week

Tonight:Ghostbusters 1
Tomorrow: Ghostbusters 2
Wednesday: Caddyshack
Thursday: Rushmore
Friday: Life Aquatic
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

@_@
I spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out which cursewords you were using before realizing you meant 4 stars
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post

No groundhog day? :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Add in What About Bob?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Where the Buffalo's Roam? The crappier hunter s thompson movie.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
you're bah >:[
i know.

Quote:
I spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out which cursewords you were using before realizing you meant 4 stars
oops, 4 stars = f
Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Needs more Lost in Translation and Groundhog Day.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you really can't have a Bill Murray week without Groundhog Day.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I don't have Groundhog Day on DVD anymore. Lost it in a move
Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched it today. I liked this one a lot. Josh Brolin is so dead on it's scary.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, I thought W. was pretty stupid. Brolin does a good job, to be sure, but it's a movie that had no real reason to exist.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't know, I thought W. was pretty stupid. Brolin does a good job, to be sure, but it's a movie that had no real reason to exist.
I thought it was funny but I watched it more for the acting than the plot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Eagle Eye got a little too much bad criticism. Was it a predictable, over the top popcorn movie? Why yes it was but, I've seen much worse. I gotta say, I didnt hate it. The plot is insanly bad but again, the movie isnt what I would call really bad or anything like that...and as far as effects and chase scenes go, they kept me entertained.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been meaning to watch it for a couple years now but just two days ago I finally got around to watching Brick. It is such a fantastic film. I was able to by into the film noir story immediatly (something my friend could not do likely because he is a moron) I think because I love the very film noir Veronica Mars. Once I bought into the awesome dialogue I got completely into the story and characters and just had an awesome time watching the movie. I find is great that those involved were able to make Brick all off of money the raised on their own and for 500 grand because to me it did not look like a crazy low budget film at all. Anyways, everyone should give this film a watch.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished Milk and like others, I really didn't like it that much. Penn did a really good job (although I though his performance paled in comparison to Rourke's) and the acting was good overall, but that's about it. I felt that it was way too "preachy." Instead of just being told what had happened it seemed like Gus Van Sant was trying too hard to get a political agenda across.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I just finished Milk and like others, I really didn't like it that much. Penn did a really good job (although I though his performance paled in comparison to Rourke's) and the acting was good overall, but that's about it. I felt that it was way too "preachy." Instead of just being told what had happened it seemed like Gus Van Sant was trying too hard to get a political agenda across.
See I hear that a lot. I am one of the few people I know who loved the movie. I had heard that Van Sant's direction got in the way of some great performances and I did not really find that at all. I was just a really big fan and it is in mhy top 5 of last year.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I totally agree. I have been saying that I disliked Milk since I saw it, and while I thought it was a good film, and MAYBE worthy of a best picture nom, Van Sant definately did not deserve a dest director nom. Absolutely not. There were alot of candidates this year who did a better job. Hell, put Nolan in there over Van Sant. I had my qualms with TDK, but I liked it a hell of a lot better then Milk.

To me, Milk was just trying waaay to hard to be a movie that the Academy would love. It seemed as though it was trying to be an "Oscar Movie", and that took away from the experience for me. Penn was wonderful blah blah blah. I didnt even like him that much. Milk is not in my top 5 from 2008, I dont even know if I would put it top 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching Frost/Nixon and while it was a very good movie, I was a bit underwhelmed. Definitely a very interesting movie that I would recommend but for some reason I was expecting a lot more. Probably had something to do with the fact that I knew very little about the actual interviews themselves. Really loved Sam Rockwell's character.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Finally got around to watching Frost/Nixon and while it was a very good movie, I was a bit underwhelmed. Definitely a very interesting movie that I would recommend but for some reason I was expecting a lot more. Probably had something to do with the fact that I knew very little about the actual interviews themselves. Really loved Sam Rockwell's character.
Thats because Sam Rockwell is a god. The man can play anyone.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Thats because Sam Rockwell is a god. The man can play anyone.
He was really the saving grace of Choke. I liked it more than most but without him that movie would =fail.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
He was really the saving grace of Choke. I liked it more than most but without him that movie would =fail.
Sam Rockwell is one of my favourite actors in Hollywood. I will watch anything with him in it. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind is awesome. He is really one of those guys who rarely takes a lead role, but when he does, its always a studly performance. A really great actor, I almost always draft him in our movie competitions (unless some **** like Fisch steals him :D )
Quote:
Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Rockwell as Charley Ford was win.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Sam Rockwell>Ben Foster.

That just happened.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165