Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What did you think about my article?
It was great 1 33.33%
I enjoyed it, nice perspective 1 33.33%
It was ok 0 0%
Didnt like it 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
bthorn86

Nobody expected this

If I were to say the Arizona Cardinals were going to be in Tampa for Super Bowl XLIII you would have revoked my speaking privileges. Yet here they are, in Tampa, to take on the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers who are going for their 6th Super Bowl victory which would be more then any team in history. "Six pack" is what they're calling it in Pittsburgh and it surely would cement the Steelers as the most successful franchise in NFL history.

Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers arrived in Tampa as the favorites to win it all. The team is consisted of many players from their last Super Bowl victory including their leader QB Ben Roethlisberger, Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward, "Fast" Willie Parker(who has the longest run in Super Bowl history), and on defense S Troy Polamalu, LB James Farrior, NT Casey Hampton, DE Aaron Smith, and CB Deshea Townsend, among others. They know what to expect from the hype surrounding this game and how to best deal with the distractions. They are lead by a young, capable, and very bright Head Coach in Mike Tomlin. Perhaps what works best in the Steelers favor is their incredible defense. Ranked #1 in almost every facet of the game, they are tough, experienced, and resilient. Big games don't rattle defenses, they rattle offenses. Crowd noise, rhythm, poise, are all things associated with offense and you need to catch a groove to be successful, which is what the Arizona Cardinals will need to win. Defense is the complete opposite, relying solely on physicality, penetration, and discipline. Nobody represents this better then the Steelers.......http://www.nfldraftdog.com/NFL%20Tea...l_team_col.htm