Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-26-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
J-Hype
Rookie

J-Hype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Thoughts on Micheal Johnson

How would micheal Johnson fit on the lions ? I seen some mocks with us picking him up in the 2nd. I heard his stats this year weren't that great but i heard he always chased players down to his teammates.
J-Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he has a great combine then i'd take him in the third. there are too many solid high impact players for our first 3 picks that have a low bust factor. but if he's sitting there at the top of day 2(round 3 now) then i'd pull the trigger.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he'll probably have a great combine and will be early second round prospect. I dont really think we can afford to take chances on players considering we have so many holes and need to make our picks count, but continually in my mocks i have the Lions taking Johnson because he is the best talent available at a position we really need.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
sweetd20
Veteran

sweetd20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not a big fan as he just doesn't look the part of a NFL DE. He's too long and lanky with no lower mass. He also doesn't have enough moves in his pass rush repertoire to be as productive in the NFL. NFL OTs do enough film study to see that outside of a speed rush off the edge he doesn't offer mush else as far as rushing the QB so they will simply take that away from him. Every year there are a lot of succesful college DEs that got by on their physical dominance only to disappear when they get to the NFL.
sweetd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he doesnt have the stats but he does have the physical tools to be a great DE IMO. if he's at 33 i would consider it depending what else is on the board
Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at pick 33 I would consider. no way in round 1 ... for those karma lovers, we did have great luck with another "Johnson" from Ga Tech ;o)
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Michael Johnson under any circumstances. Kalimba 2.0
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to have a GM that's has a whole lot of job security to pick him. If for some strange reason he's there in the 4th round take a flier but i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You have to have a GM that's has a whole lot of job security to pick him. If for some strange reason he's there in the 4th round take a flier but i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole.
the funniest part about this post is that we dont even have a 4th round pick.

I agree with the conclusion of staying away from him, but if he's there in the 3rd and BPA then I'd say take a look at him. IMO, this guy is the picture next to the definition of boom-or-bust. He's got incredible measurables, but no/little procution.

Coming off of an 0-16 season I dont think we should really be in the market for this type of player, but the further in the draft we progress and he's still available the more you gotts re-read his scouting report.

IMO, he should be a great pick for a team like the Colts in the late 2nd to groom behind 2 all-pros who should be able to teach him how to be a pro as far as work ethic and all that but that wont happen. He'll put up great combine #s and jump back up the draft and get picked by a team like the Jets in the mid-1st
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's gonna put up freak combine numbers, theres no doubt in my mind.

When that happens someone will jump on him in the top 12/13 picks and make a huge mistake. I hope its not us.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kalimba Edwards reference was bang on. He's one of those dudes who will have a freakish combine and there will be a GM out there who will convince themself that he can be coached to greatness.

Definite boom or bust player who I too wouldn't want to touch until at least the third round.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's use this to our advantage and trade down from 20.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote