Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Taken last night...

It was good - Neeson was Jack Bauer-esque. It was kind of like the final episode of 24 without bombs and stuff. Like if his daughter was kidnapped for the final episode.

(this coming from a guy who hates most of the Oscar-worthy movies, so TIFWIW. I love stuff like Hulk and Iron Man - just stuff that entertains me)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I saw Taken last night...

It was good - Neeson was Jack Bauer-esque. It was kind of like the final episode of 24 without bombs and stuff. Like if his daughter was kidnapped for the final episode.

(this coming from a guy who hates most of the Oscar-worthy movies, so TIFWIW. I love stuff like Hulk and Iron Man - just stuff that entertains me)
I'm pretty sure Taken isn't being mistaken for an Oscar worthy movie. It's just a fun action flick like the others you named.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm pretty sure Taken isn't being mistaken for an Oscar worthy movie. It's just a fun action flick like the others you named.
I think that is what he is saying. He likes movies like that, other people may not.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apart from Pearl Harbor from what I have seen of Bay (especially recently) he doesn't try to be someone he's not as a director. He loves special effects and fast paced movies that keep you on the edge of your seat.

No the writing and character development aren't great and he is not going to win any Oscars but he's one of the best action/special effects guys out there. I respect him for that area.

JMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but it's gotten to a point where the filler scenes in between the action are barely watchable anymore. It doesn't take much effort to knock off some mediocre dialogue to make you care somewhat about the characters before **** starts blowing up, but Bay's filler scenes are consistently awful.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Veronica Mars is officially being made into a movie. Great ******* news as the show is one of the most underappreciated, misunderstood, brilliant pieces of television in a long ******* time. This news is as good in my book as the Arrested Development movie.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I think that is what he is saying. He likes movies like that, other people may not.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

If you're just looking to be entertained for an hour or so (the beginning moves real slow), I'd go see Taken. If you want 7 Oscar Nominations out of the movie you're seeing, I'd send you another direction for sure.

Anyone here seen Notorious? I haven't been able to get in because they're real stingy about R-rated laws here, just wondering if it's even worth it.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Veronica Mars is officially being made into a movie. Great ******* news as the show is one of the most underappreciated, misunderstood, brilliant pieces of television in a long ******* time. This news is as good in my book as the Arrested Development movie.
OH YEAAAAAAAAAA NEED A SIG!!!! omgz im excited :O

is there a release date?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Taken. Good entertaining film. Liam Neeson is a badass mofo.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Yeah, but it's gotten to a point where the filler scenes in between the action are barely watchable anymore. It doesn't take much effort to knock off some mediocre dialogue to make you care somewhat about the characters before **** starts blowing up, but Bay's filler scenes are consistently awful.
The Island I thought was actually a good movie.

Transformers I liked, but I didn't watch the TV series and I also see why movie buffs didn't like it, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Island wasn't very good. The concept was good, but the concept was stolen from a smattering of dystopian novels and movies. The actually script and plot were highly disappointing and the action was, quite simply, out of place.

And, I'm sorry, but Transformers was an unmitigated piece of crap for every single second that Megan Fox isn't leaning over an engine block.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
The Island I thought was actually a good movie.

Transformers I liked, but I didn't watch the TV series and I also see why movie buffs didn't like it, but I enjoyed it for what it was.
Transformers gave us Megan Fox...that alone makes it difficult for me to completely hate it. However, I do think Bay is a douche and Transformers subjected us to 2 hours of Shia Labouf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

You'll find a lot more people who like Transformers than those who don't from my encounters. I personally liked it....

Quote:
Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

So, In Bruges is ******* fantastic. I can't believe I waited so long to see it.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Am I the only one who thinks Collin Farrell would have kicked ass in The Departed?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Collin Farrell would have kicked ass in The Departed?
To be fair, In Bruges is honestly the first film I ever recall liking Farrell in. Ever. Could he have held his ground opposite DiCaprio and Damon? Somehow that doesn't seem likely.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Departed is completely bad ass without him. Just be happy that Mel Gibson isnt in it isntead of Baldwin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
To be fair, In Bruges is honestly the first film I ever recall liking Farrell in. Ever. Could he have held his ground opposite DiCaprio and Damon? Somehow that doesn't seem likely.
I didn't think he was bad in Pride and Glory... I feel like he plays a good dirty cop kind of guy (that sounded *****)... I'm not sure how he would have held his ground, but I feel like he would of been great in that roll.

Last edited by sbh15 : 01-31-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Farrell couldnt hold a candle to either Damon or Dicaprio.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-31-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colin Farrell is a very good actor, hes just taken ****** roles in ****** movies.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I like Farrell as well and I agree with commie.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Farrell couldnt hold a candle to either Damon or Dicaprio.
Matt Damon isnt exactly an acting heavyweight. Hes good, but bleh. Id put him and Farrell in the same category. DiCaprio a bit above both.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Farrell is much better when he actually has the Irish accent...otherwise, he's forgettable in just about everything else.

As for Damon, I disagree...he is a fantastic actor and I def. believe Dicaprio will go down as one of the better actors of all-time when his career is over.

I like Farrell but, I wouldnt put him on either of their levels.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-31-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
OH YEAAAAAAAAAA NEED A SIG!!!! omgz im excited :O

is there a release date?
Not yet. I just read that Rob Thomas is working on a script and all of the actors have agreed to do it. Apparently Kristen Bell is making room in her schedule so the film can be shot within the next year. I would guess it will be released mid 2010.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Matt Damon isnt exactly an acting heavyweight. Hes good, but bleh. Id put him and Farrell in the same category. DiCaprio a bit above both.
I disagree. Matt Damon has always kicked ass. He was ******* incredible as far back as Good Will Hunting and The Talented Mr. Ripley.