Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun movie fact, or well discovery/question;

Can anyone name the camera man to Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) in the bear scene in Anchorman?

He's a very well known actor and has been in a ton of movies (comedies) recently.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I disagree. Matt Damon has always kicked ass. He was ******* incredible as far back as Good Will Hunting and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
Hey hey hey, not calling him bad by any means at all.

Im more calling Farrell good.

I love Damon.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damon in Good Will Hunting FTFW.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bumping this up...just because. haha.

Farrell is much better when he actually has the Irish accent...otherwise, he's forgettable in just about everything else.

As for Damon, I disagree...he is a fantastic actor and I def. believe Dicaprio will go down as one of the better actors of all-time when his career is over.

I like Farrell but, I wouldnt put him on either of their levels. He's a sporadic performer who def. is better when he uses that accent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

Can anyone name the camera man to Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) in the bear scene in Anchorman?

He's a very well known actor and has been in a ton of movies (comedies) recently.
Seth Rogan
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DiCaprio is awesome, but he wouldnt be nearly as consistently good if he wasnt Scorsese's muse. Again, im not saying hes not awesome, so no accusing me of calling him bad! >_<

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

I'm thinking Jimmy Stewart.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Seth Rogan
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
To be fair, In Bruges is honestly the first film I ever recall liking Farrell in. Ever. Could he have held his ground opposite DiCaprio and Damon? Somehow that doesn't seem likely.
Farrell's done pretty well in some crappy roles, like phonebooth where he was great but the film was just painful and the role was pretty lame so it didn't really matter that he did well. I can't honestly remember ever watching a movie and thinking that Farrell was wasting a great role and more often I've ended up thinking that he could be doing so much more in roles. I really hope In Bruges gets him some chances to shine cause I think he's on Damon's level, which is to say a very good actor who can pump outside some exceptional performance but isn't just incredible all the time.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really agree. I thought that Farrell played as big a role in Phonebooth's crapfest as anything else. And even in Bruges he seemed like he was hitting the ceiling of his range of acting emotion at times.

I don't think he's anywhere near Damon.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching the Count of Monte Cristo right now!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't really agree. I thought that Farrell played as big a role in Phonebooth's crapfest as anything else. And even in Bruges he seemed like he was hitting the ceiling of his range of acting emotion at times.

I don't think he's anywhere near Damon.
Thank you for someone else seeing the light with Colin Farrell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm watching the Count of Monte Cristo right now!
The book is amazing!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Tropic Thunder again. Hilarious.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I just watched Tropic Thunder again. Hilarious.
Both Tropic Thunder commentaries are gold. One is informative and the other is ******* hilarious.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might watch The Prestige tonight as well. Not sure though
Old 01-31-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I saw a trailer for The Soloist on the Tropic Thunder DVD. It looks really good but it seems fairly cookie cutter. It looks like it follows a lot of the same steps that Reign Over Me and Resurrecting The Champ followed.

Nevertheless I want to see it when it comes out in April
Old 01-31-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to figure out what to watch right now, myself. I only have a small amount dvds here that I havent seen yet...I may re-watch something, though. A boring night.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-31-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I need some movie ideas right now. I'm thinking oldie but goodie.....any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Yeah I need some movie ideas right now. I'm thinking oldie but goodie.....any suggestions?
This isn't an oldie but I watched Brick a couple nights ago and loved it. I am a big fan of Noir cinema and Brick was a brilliant modern take on it. It should be very easy to find online as it only came out a couple years ago. I am kind of pissed it took me so long to finish watching as I watched the first 10 minutes 2 years ago. I watched the movie with my friend and he was not a fan (I think because he couldn't get into the noir aspect of the film and because he didn't buy into that he hated the dialogue) but he was under the influence. I have heard many good things about the movie from other people so I think it is usually well recieved.

If you want an oldie I would recomend Stanley Kubrick's The Killing. It is available on watch-movies.net so it is easy to find and I think it is an incredible movie.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 01-31-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both Tropic Thunder commentaries are gold. One is informative and the other is ******* hilarious.
Yup, I just listened to the actor's commentary a few days ago and RDJ was genius.

Last edited by Paul : 01-31-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yup, I just listened to the actor commentary just a few days ago and RDJ was genius.
He really blew me away in the commentary. He was hilarious from start to finish which I did not think was possible just because he had to focus on staying in character.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This isn't an oldie but I watched Brick a couple nights ago and loved it. I am a big fan of Noir cinema and Brick was a brilliant modern take on it. It should be very easy to find online as it only came out a couple years ago. I am kind of pissed it took me so long to finish watching as I watched the first 10 minutes 2 years ago. I watched the movie with my friend and he was not a fan (I think because he couldn't get into the noir aspect of the film and because he didn't buy into that he hated the dialogue) but he was under the influence. I have heard many good things about the movie from other people so I think it is usually well recieved.

If you want an oldie I would recomend Stanley Kubrick's The Killing. It is available on watch-movies.net so it is easy to find and I think it is an incredible movie.
Thanks for the suggeations. I think I'll give Brick a watch.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malkovich, Malkovich.........MALKOVICH!!!!!!!!!!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

James Cameron's Avatar...thoughts?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

Known about it forever but, it's finally coming out this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-01-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gio Ribisi has me a little excited

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote