Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I've been all over his nuts since his rookie season, I really wanted this kid.
How many people's nuts are you on? Do you get alot of frequent nut hugging miles?

Link me to your plan please!
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
High profile recruit
Burst onto the scene freshman year
Stayed in the shadow for the next 3 years
Really fast.
Underrated

I have no clue.
I'm assuming the last sentence was sarcasm, in which case I agree that Derrick Williams fits the description well. Stroughter and maybe Brandon Tate as well.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'm assuming the last sentence was sarcasm, in which case I agree that Derrick Williams fits the description well. Stroughter and maybe Brandon Tate as well.
Does Brandon Tate have that kind of speed? I didnt think he was as fast as Breaston before the injury and its gonna be interesting to see how he runs after it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Does Brandon Tate have that kind of speed? I didnt think he was as fast as Breaston before the injury and its gonna be interesting to see how he runs after it.
Breaston ran like a 4.47 I think Tate could challenge that. I think Tate is stronger and quicker, but Breaston is faster, better acceleration.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
High profile recruit
Really fast.
Underrated

I have no clue.
The way you put it the first thing I thought of was Derrick Williams.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
How many people's nuts are you on? Do you get alot of frequent nut hugging miles?

Link me to your plan please!
About 30, my plan is pretty affordable

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn at #9... hahahahahahahahahahaha, and the Cards got the rich man's equivalent.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:33 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Breaston ran like a 4.47 I think Tate could challenge that. I think Tate is stronger and quicker, but Breaston is faster, better acceleration.
Actually, I'm pretty sure he ran a 4.41 as his low time at the combine. And I'm sorry, in terms of skill set Derrick Williams is a horrible comparison. Breaston also has great return ability. Williams had trouble fielding punts at the senior bowl. Breaston is a better return man than Williams is IMO.

But I think Williams does have better return numbers overall, so what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 02-03-2009 at 04:40 AM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:35 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Ted Ginn at #9... hahahahahahahahahahaha, and the Cards got the rich man's equivalent.
Truth. Not that Ginn played poorly, and he's in a different offense at Miami, but they're basically the same player, and the Cards got Breaston 4 rounds later.

Quote:

Old 02-03-2009, 05:05 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well as a Michigan fan who watched Breaston closely for his entire college career, Im honestly shocked at how well he has matured as a WR.

He honestly seemed lost as a WR a lot in college. He ran poor routes, did a terrible job of adjusting his routes to come back or help out the QB, and displayed very suspect hands. He was always an excellent return man but Im surprised he ran a 4.41 in the combine. He has good change of direction and acceleration but seemed to get chased down and caught up to quite often.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:50 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Well as a Michigan fan who watched Breaston closely for his entire college career, Im honestly shocked at how well he has matured as a WR.

He honestly seemed lost as a WR a lot in college. He ran poor routes, did a terrible job of adjusting his routes to come back or help out the QB, and displayed very suspect hands. He was always an excellent return man but Im surprised he ran a 4.41 in the combine. He has good change of direction and acceleration but seemed to get chased down and caught up to quite often.
He learnt from two great WRs in Fitz and Boldin, and also gets to line up against the oppositions 3rd CB.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
High profile recruit
Really fast.
Underrated

I have no clue.
He was more productive than Ginn but Ginn got the pub.

When he put up a 4.4 in the Combine I knew he was legit b/c everythign else was excellent at the U
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread seems ripe for a Nelsonzzz.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
He learnt from two great WRs in Fitz and Boldin, and also gets to line up against the oppositions 3rd CB.
We've seen a lot of mediocre WR come up big as the 3rd option in a potent passing attack so I agree on that part. However, Boldin doesnt seem to me the type of guy who is going to go out of his way to help out a younger player. Boldin is all about Boldin. As far as Fitzgerald, hes a great WR and a good guy but is pretty young himself. He is still improving so I dont know how much hes going to be working to help out a similar aged guy at this point in his career.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Let's be honest. While I love Breaston because he's a Michigan guy, he's basically a very good #3 slot guy/punt returner. He played very well as the #2 filling in when Boldin was injured, but I think if anyone expects to put him in that situation regularly and see great success, they may be fooling themselves.

Quote:

Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Let's be honest. While I love Breaston because he's a Michigan guy, he's basically a very good #3 slot guy/punt returner. He played very well as the #2 filling in when Boldin was injured, but I think if anyone expects to put him in that situation regularly and see great success, they may be fooling themselves.
Ya he definitely needs a legit QB and another big time WR to take pressure off of him. He is far from a #1 WR, but I am impressed with the strides hes made as a pro. I really cooled down a lot as a fan of his later on in his college career when he seemingly got worse as a wide out. I was really impressed with some of the tough catches he was able to pull down in the playoffs.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We've seen a lot of mediocre WR come up big as the 3rd option in a potent passing attack so I agree on that part. However, Boldin doesnt seem to me the type of guy who is going to go out of his way to help out a younger player. Boldin is all about Boldin. As far as Fitzgerald, hes a great WR and a good guy but is pretty young himself. He is still improving so I dont know how much hes going to be working to help out a similar aged guy at this point in his career.
How is Boldin all about Boldin? This is the same guy that went out of his way for his teammates about the contract situation and waited until the offseason to deal with it since he said he didn't want to become a huge distraction. Boldin has come off as a good teammate as they can testify, it's just on the business side of things in the NFL he's looking out for himself. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2007 it was Steve Breaston. (didn't break out until 2008)

In 2008 it was Eddie Royal.

In 2009 it will be.... Derrick Williams.

All of these players are very similar, IMO. All three were highly touted coming out of HS (well, I'm not sure on Royal). All three didn't do much on the college level as receivers, but all made impacts in the return game. 2 of them have been better pros then college players, and I expect Williams to do the same. All of them are around 6'0" 190, and all of them have very good speed.

The difference though is that Breaston was over looked (round 6?), while Royal was taken early in the 2nd and it looks like Williams will go in the 2nd-3rd range.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sniper strikes in three....two.....one
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
In 2007 it was Steve Breaston. (didn't break out until 2008)

In 2008 it was Eddie Royal.

In 2009 it will be.... Derrick Williams.

All of these players are very similar, IMO. All three were highly touted coming out of HS (well, I'm not sure on Royal). All three didn't do much on the college level as receivers, but all made impacts in the return game. 2 of them have been better pros then college players, and I expect Williams to do the same. All of them are around 6'0" 190, and all of them have very good speed.

The difference though is that Breaston was over looked (round 6?), while Royal was taken early in the 2nd and it looks like Williams will go in the 2nd-3rd range.
you might get raped for that.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even if they don't help him out, I have no idea if they do or don't. Just watching great players and seeing them perform in practice for months can make a big impact.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote