Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm gonna laugh to much if Acree turns out to be a massive bust.

He is all potential and combine numbers at this point.

Film is less then impressive.

Put him up against some big college boys and they will make him and his maxed out frame look like crap.

There are 3-4 other DTs in this class at least on par or better.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
Didn't Acree get stoned by some no name TWICE in San Antonio?

Would love to see Seantrel handle him just to shut VT people up.
Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

Quote:

Put him up against some big college boys and they will make him and his maxed out frame look like crap.

Sharrif Floyd comes to mind.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Post this in the Canes thread but seeing as we are talking 2010 now, I'll post it here too for conversation sake. Commits in bold.

Easy Targets:

WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Will need some work:
RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate
LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

Highest Priority:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)

Longshots:
RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)

You guys need to step your game up. I've had a solid list of 2010 options for a week already. ;)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

If Bud Foster and Coach Wiles are our coaches when he is here then that will be next to impossible.

He is going to make your boys Nix and Chandler look like children.

It was much better when you were not commenting me.

And Braveheart, it is easy to get under a guy you are the same weight as and six inches shorter. Especially when he lacks a ton of technique. Acree, right now, is getting by on all physical ability. And he is still beating just about everybody.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

What? A Miami NW kid that is a longshot to the U? Whats the deal with Corvin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ Johnson will go to FSU :)
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State started out very, very well in the 2010 class with PJ Jones and Mike Hull. We might pull in WR Alex Kenney and RB Silas Redd in the next month or so.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
What? A Miami NW kid that is a longshot to the U? Whats the deal with Corvin?
Probably not getting an offer from us.

He is a Jeffery Demps type RB and (rightfully so wants to play RB at UF). We have already told him that if we offer, it will be as a WR and he was none to happy about that.

Doubtful if he will have any sort of serious recruitment by us.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

If this late push was any indication, We Should h ave a very solid class next year. I'm not gonna set the standards too high, but Mississippi has another solid crop of players and hopefully mullen can reach into some of the other southern states as well. Hoping to Have a top 20 class.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
If Bud Foster and Coach Wiles are our coaches when he is here then that will be next to impossible.

He is going to make your boys Nix and Chandler look like children.

It was much better when you were not commenting me.

And Braveheart, it is easy to get under a guy you are the same weight as and six inches shorter. Especially when he lacks a ton of technique. Acree, right now, is getting by on all physical ability. And he is still beating just about everybody.
And that's my point, you act like he's not gonna face better talent once in college. He will be coached up when he's at VT, but i dont think he has alot of upside and his body looks maxed. If leverage is his problem, like I said he'll probably be a better DE than a DT. I'm not trying to knock him at all, I just dont feel like he's the best DT prospect right now.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
DJ Johnson will go to FSU :)
It's quite alrite. He's a poor man's Nukesse IMO.

Not a bad prospect. But we have plenty of WRs next year to pick from.

Did anyone even notice that massive amount of kids from my list that play in Miami?

Look at the amount of BTW and MNW kids.

We could not even leave the city during recruiting next year and still pull a top 10 class.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Watching Acree in one on ones where DL is supposed to dominate, he only shows a swim move. His strength is non-existent when battling guys. Maurice Goodman just moved his big body to the side with ease. Also, Russell Bodine stoned him twice with the 3rd a draw. For a kid that can bench and squat the world, his strength is a non factor in his game. Decent prospect but has a long ways to go before anybody annoints him the next great thing.

Shariff Floyd is much more complete.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
And that's my point, you act like he's not gonna face better talent once in college. He will be coached up when he's at VT, but i dont think he has alot of upside and his body looks maxed. If leverage is his problem, like I said he'll probably be a better DE than a DT. I'm not trying to knock him at all, I just dont feel like he's the best DT prospect right now.
Co-sign.

Exactly how I feel about him.

Nix and Ferguson are likely better.

And if not for the injury, Chandler would be the best in this class. He outplayed Marcus Forston when Forston was a SR and Chandler was a JR.

Seriously doubt Acree is capable of that.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Conversation over.

6'5" 290 pound highschool DTs who run 5.1s (profile says 4.9), bench 425, and squat 575 have upside. I'm amazed you said such a thing. He has all the potential in the world. When you pull verbals from schools across the country by the end of your sophmore year/ beginning of your junior year, you have upside.

I'm sure if he was at SC he would have upside. And he'd be a top 5 player in the class to boot.

Some of these comments on Acree are laughable. It will be another Darren Evans situation for all the doubters. Graig Cooper better...oh, the good times!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Joey or whoever, anyone wanna make an early list of their top ten players natioanally? I've been wrapped up in 2009 don't have a l ot of knowledge with 2010 just yet. Assuming Seantrel Henderson is number 1? or Ego Ferguson?

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Joey or whoever, anyone wanna make an early list of their top ten players natioanally? I've been wrapped up in 2009 don't have a l ot of knowledge with 2010 just yet. Assuming Seantrel Henderson is number 1? or Ego Ferguson?
Seastrunk likely No.1 IMO
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Conversation over.

6'5" 290 pound highschool DTs who run 5.1s (profile says 4.9), bench 425, and squat 575 have upside. I'm amazed you said such a thing. He has all the potential in the world. When you pull verbals from schools across the country by the end of your sophmore year/ beginning of your junior year, you have upside.

I'm sure if he was at SC he would have upside. And he'd be a top 5 player in the class to boot.

No, that's called being maxed out. He will barely get bigger or stronger from this point on, and he's showed that he had trouble with leverage. He got past his opponents easily though (using hand moves, his length and speed) and he just seems like he'd be a better fit at DE (IMHO) where he wouldn't have leverage problems and his height would be a bonus (instead of a possible problem). I'm not knocking you, him or VT. I personally think VT is one of the best (top 3) programs that work with the talent they get, and the best special teams unit in the country year in and year out. I think that Acree is a great prospect, but I feel his body and skill set matches a DE better...no need to get testy.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Seastrunk likely No.1 IMO

ewww, I like Lache, but i wouldn't call him no.1, he isn't better than any of the no.1 top RB's of the last two years.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

I could see Marcus Lattimore at #1 for Scout and Lache for Rivals. But IMO, Lache is the best player in the class of 2010. That kid is just as good as a football player as he is an athlete.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

It'd be cool if Rutgers could land Corey Brown.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
ewww, I like Lache, but i wouldn't call him no.1, he isn't better than any of the no.1 top RB's of the last two years.
He ain't Bryce Brown by any means but as a whole I feel like the entire top 10 for 2010 isn't as talented as the top 10 from 2009. Althought 2010 does look real deep at some really big positions.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, that's called being maxed out. He will barely get bigger or stronger from this point on, and he's showed that he had trouble with leverage. He got past his opponents easily though (using hand moves, his length and speed) and he just seems like he'd be a better fit at DE (IMHO) where he wouldn't have leverage problems and his height would be a bonus (instead of a possible problem). I'm not knocking you, him or VT. I personally think VT is one of the best (top 3) programs that work with the talent they get, and the best special teams unit in the country year in and year out. I think that Acree is a great prospect, but I feel his body and skill set matches a DE better...no need to get testy.
I'll disagree. Players he has been compared to (John Henderson I've heard from more than one person) are of similar height and rely greatly on their physical strength and hands. The thing is, Acree does not have to get much stronger. If he gos up just 50 pounds on his bench from now to the time he exits college (that would put him close to 500), he would still be one of the strongest players in the nation.

Not to mention our strength and conditioning coach is very, very good.

He's mean. He has a passion to dominate. He just hasn't had the coaching.

That won't be a problem with Coach Wiles, one of the best in the nation. Once we get Acree some leverage and pad level he will be unstoppable.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been given steel off the furnace. He already has the skills to dominate. We just have to teach him how.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota is abnormally loaded with talent this year. I don't expect Seantrelle to stay, but I think we've got a better than 50% shot with the rest.

Already have a commit from Konrad Zagzebski, the greatest name for a linebacker ever.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Minnesota is abnormally loaded with talent this year. I don't expect Seantrelle to stay, but I think we've got a better than 50% shot with the rest.

Already have a commit from Konrad Zagzebski, the greatest name for a linebacker ever.
Guessing that LB is a Polack.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dillion Baxter is the best SD RB since Bush, and Petey thinks so too.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...n-Baxter-32042
I live in San Diego and all you hear about is Brennan Clay and how he was the first San Diego RB to have 1000 yards rushing and recieving in a season
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote