Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
all this pedo talk is starting to get to me.
Get you in the mood?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Pineapple Express was...interesting.

It had it's moments but, i wouldnt say the comedy was consistant and the ending was just crap, imo. There def. was some truly funny material but, it starts and stops a real lot and borrows some of it's moments from Superbad...which is all fine and good considering they wrote that as well but, I kind of knew what was going to happen here or there, because we've seen it before in a different setting. The movie pales in comparison to Superbad but, it wasnt all that bad itself. So yeah, it was an above average to good comedy, imo.

edit...Also, I'm not really sold on Danny Mcbride yet. I mean, he's in damn near every comedy lately and they give him some good one-liners but, he kind of annoys the hell out of me at the same time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-06-2009 at 02:30 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brick is on HBO in just under an hour...think i may stay up and watch it. It's on my "to buy" list so, I'll probably check it out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well, Pineapple Express was...interesting.

It had it's moments but, i wouldnt say the comedy was consistant and the ending was just crap, imo. There def. was some truly funny material but, it starts and stops a real lot and borrows some of it's moments from Superbad...which is all fine and good considering they wrote that as well but, I kind of knew what was going to happen here or there, because we've seen it before in a different setting. The movie pales in comparison to Superbad but, it wasnt all that bad itself. So yeah, it was an above average to good comedy, imo.

edit...Also, I'm not really sold on Danny Mcbride yet. I mean, he's in damn near every comedy lately and they give him some good one-liners but, he kind of annoys the hell out of me at the same time.
Funniest quote was in the begginning

"Private Miller, you've been smoking item nine for seven minutes and thirteen seconds. We're going to ask you several questions. How do you feel?"

"Ah well sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah."

Oh and I loved James Franco in the movie, he was hilarious.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I had a friend who was James Franco to a tee in this movie...he didnt smoke pot, though...just always seemed like he did.

But anyway, I loved the lines...

"What’s down there, a ******* Rancor?"

"A dude, a lady, and a cop? That like a massacre, man! "

"I look like Hamburglar! And the Elephant Man!"

Also when Rogen throws up on Saul's printer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had a friend who was James Franco to a tee in this movie...he didnt smoke pot, though...just always seemed like he did.

But anyway, I loved the lines...

"What’s down there, a ******* Rancor?"

"A dude, a lady, and a cop? That like a massacre, man! "

"I look like Hamburglar! And the Elephant Man!"

Also when Rogen throws up on Saul's printer.
I don't know why but a line I find myself saying a lot....

"I thought Hurricane season was over."
Old 02-06-2009, 03:48 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rancor line was definitely my favorite. I just aboot fell out my chair laughing when I heard that in the theater.

It was great, when i went and saw Pineapple there were literally 4 other people there other than my buddies and I. So being loud and obnoxious was completely a-ok.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Watching Brick...all and all, it's just one giant gimmick, really. That being said, it's very well done. The 40ish/50ish classic noir language did get to me after a while, though. It gets annoying, given the setting. I mean, I like Noir as much as the next guy, I guess but, it does get tired after a while, imo. Gordon-Levitt is very good as usual, I dont really buy him as this great brawler or anything, though...but, w/e. Writer/Director, Rian Johnson's talent is very evident. Makes me a little more interested in the Brothers Bloom.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished Life of Brian. Loving these old movies being available free on demand.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with ya M.O.T.H I thought Pineapple Express was an interesting movie. I personally was disappointed in it, I don't think it really knew what it was. A comedy, an action piece, etc...Franco was spot on but not one of my favorites, that's for sure.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I'm with ya M.O.T.H I thought Pineapple Express was an interesting movie. I personally was disappointed in it, I don't think it really knew what it was. A comedy, an action piece, etc...Franco was spot on but not one of my favorites, that's for sure.
it knew what it was. seth rogen said he wanted to make a "stoner action flick" which is right on.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The beginning of Pineapple Express was just awesome. They had guys in Diver suits to get him out of the room rofl. I really enjoyed the movie pretty much the whole time. Franco and Seth reminded me and my friend. My friend being Franco of course.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt really like Pineapple Express...it had its moments I suppose. Franco was funny, but I felt overall, the movie was a huge disappointment. I like all of the other big comedies this year (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Zach and Miri, Tropic Thunder, Step Brothers) much more then Pineapple. Perhaps its my intense dislike of Seth Rogen when he is the exact same character in every single movie, which to me is a little tired at this point. Thats why I liked him in Zach and Miri much more then anything else, at least he doesnt just smoke pot the entire time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Just finished Life of Brian. Loving these old movies being available free on demand.
"He has a wife you know. You know what her name is? She's called Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I didnt really like Pineapple Express...it had its moments I suppose. Franco was funny, but I felt overall, the movie was a huge disappointment. I like all of the other big comedies this year (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Zach and Miri, Tropic Thunder, Step Brothers) much more then Pineapple. Perhaps its my intense dislike of Seth Rogen when he is the exact same character in every single movie, which to me is a little tired at this point. Thats why I liked him in Zach and Miri much more then anything else, at least he doesnt just smoke pot the entire time.
Those were big comedies of this year? Will Ferrel isn't the same character in every movie? I thought Step Brothers was easily his worst movie. They tried to have some wacky line be funny just about every other line. Tropic Thunder is completely overrated. The funniest moments were with characters in the movie who didn't have big roles. Ben Stiller and Jack Black were disappointing. I'll agree on Zach and Miri and I can understand the liking of Forgetting Sarah Marshall over Pineapple Express but the other two I strongly disagree with. It's all opinion though.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Those were big comedies of this year? Will Ferrel isn't the same character in every movie? I thought Step Brothers was easily his worst movie. They tried to have some wacky line be funny just about every other line. Tropic Thunder is completely overrated. The funniest moments were with characters in the movie who didn't have big roles. Ben Stiller and Jack Black were disappointing. I'll agree on Zach and Miri and I can understand the liking of Forgetting Sarah Marshall over Pineapple Express but the other two I strongly disagree with. It's all opinion though.
Funniest line in Tropic Thunder.....

"You say 'Listen here, Lance'... Lance?!! What the f*** did I just hear? Lance? "

But overall I agree, movie just isn't that good.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm with you, at least for this film, on McBride. But he did have the funniest part of the movie when he blew up the guy's foot. Outside of that and Franco, the movie was nothing great, but I like it enough.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I'm with you, at least for this film, on McBride. But he did have the funniest part of the movie when he blew up the guy's foot. Outside of that and Franco, the movie was nothing great, but I like it enough.
I love McBride, y'all should see The Foot Fist Way and I know HChu will second this.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I love McBride, y'all should see The Foot Fist Way and I know HChu will second this.
Danny McBride is god.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont tell me you actually liked the movie Hot Rod. blahhhhhh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dont tell me you actually liked the movie Hot Rod. blahhhhhh.
Lonely Island is better in vignettes. But yes I liked it, mainly because I <3 Lonely Island and everything with Isla Fischer

Old 02-06-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That movie was terrible, imo...and I like Samberg.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

I get to see Fan Boys tomorrow

Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Taken was an amazing movie.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
So Taken was an amazing movie.
Agreed.

Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote