Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would much rather have O.J. at FS then Vernon Carey as our RT.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading Scott's latest mock draft, I hate our first rounder being Sanchez but wouldnt complain whatsoever about Loadholt being our second rounder.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
After reading Scott's latest mock draft, I hate our first rounder being Sanchez but wouldnt complain whatsoever about Loadholt being our second rounder.
Agreed.

Loadholt is my favorite option in the second round.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for free agency, anyone interested in Texans CB Dunta Robinson? He's an UFA and isnt expected to be franchised.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a good rookie year, and then has struggled with injuries. He's a boom or bust type of guy but has been an effective corner when on the field. I'd be interested to see how much he'll require to sign. If he was a bargain, then maybe he'd be worth throwing some money at.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
As for free agency, anyone interested in Texans CB Dunta Robinson? He's an UFA and isnt expected to be franchised.
Like Robinson a lot, even with the injury problems, but it looks like Houston will either re-sign him or franchise him.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6245451.html

What everything think of going after Nate Washington? McCloughan is looking for a WR that can stretch the field. Still inconsistent and raw but only 25 years old. Another target would be Devery Henderson. I also like Lance Moore but he is a RFA and would probably get a high tender from the Saints.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 02-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
He had a good rookie year, and then has struggled with injuries. He's a boom or bust type of guy but has been an effective corner when on the field. I'd be interested to see how much he'll require to sign. If he was a bargain, then maybe he'd be worth throwing some money at.
A guy that can't stay healthy at corner worries me though.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
A guy that can't stay healthy at corner worries me though.
True. But in football, injury problems at any position are looked down upon. ;) Every guy, healthy or not, is a roll of the dice when it comes to injuries. It's the Niners job to determine if he's worth the risk.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
True. But in football, injury problems at any position are looked down upon. ;) Every guy, healthy or not, is a roll of the dice when it comes to injuries. It's the Niners job to determine if he's worth the risk.
It really would depend on the money at the end of the day. I wouldn't want to fork ou a lot of guarenteed money to him only if the price was right. This would be my dream off-season.

FA signings

1. Vernon Carey
2. O.J. Atogwe

Draft

1. B.J. Raji
2. Larry English
3. Rashad Jennings/ Andre Brown
4. Jason Phillips
5. 3-4 D end for depth
6. Quinn Johnson
7. BPA
Old 02-05-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Nate Washington? Another target would be Devery Henderson. I also like Lance Moore but he is a RFA and would probably get a high tender from the Saints.
I like Washington but I would assume that he stays. I do not like Henderson. He's a bit overrated. As for Moore, I dont like the idea of going for RFA's as it requires giving up too much.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I like Washington but I would assume that he stays. I do not like Henderson. He's a bit overrated. As for Moore, I dont like the idea of going for RFA's as it requires giving up too much.
I agree good football player, but the cost would be too much probably a second round draft pick.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Do whatever it takes to sign Suggs if he's available.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Suggs would be a great pick up, an upgrade as a pass rush and would fill out the LB core nicely. Will he want to come play here? We should make a bid on him and let the chips fall where they may.

I like Dunta, think that he might like a change of scenery. Who knows maybe he could make the transition to FS for us like Rolle did for the cards. I would prefer Reggie gets the shot, but it could be an idea to think about
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogcity_faithful View Post
Suggs would be a great pick up, an upgrade as a pass rush and would fill out the LB core nicely. Will he want to come play here? We should make a bid on him and let the chips fall where they may.

I like Dunta, think that he might like a change of scenery. Who knows maybe he could make the transition to FS for us like Rolle did for the cards. I would prefer Reggie gets the shot, but it could be an idea to think about
I really don't think Suggs is as good of a pick up as you guys think he would be. He really doesn't give us anything we don't already have.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he is an improvement over parys at least the one we have right now. i think there are better areas to pursue in FA
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless whether or not we think Suggs is an improvement, the reality is it's a slim-to-none chance he signs here. He's already spoken of a trio discount if baltimore can keep lewis/scott/suggs together, and then with AZ fresh of a superbowl appearance, his homestate doesn't look like a bad option to him either, from his perspective.

Looking at how much money the Rams have, it's much more likely we get our hands on O.J.

And i'm not going to count Peppers out. Maybe it's me, but I believe sitting any defensive player down in his office would give him a great shot at bringing them in.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

AZ losing Dansby and getting Suggs wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Peppers has let it be known he wants to play in a 3-4....

take it for whats its worth lol
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Peppers has let it be known he wants to play in a 3-4....

take it for whats its worth lol
Spending that much money on a guy that hasn't played the position before no thanks. I really don't feel like having the two highest played defensive players in the league.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Spending that much money on a guy that hasn't played the position before no thanks. I really don't feel like having the two highest played defensive players in the league.
it would be sick as hell though ;)
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Looking at the Rams cap space there is a good chance O.J. would be available.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Peppers is nearing 30 and has no experience in the 3-4. Suggs is the much better fit than Peppers.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I have to agree that Suggs would be a far better choice.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yeah I have to agree that Suggs would be a far better choice.
He would, but I would rather see us go after O.J. or Carey or both. We could probably sign both of them for less than it will cost for Peppers.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's an idea -

Sign Suggs to play OLB and if we can get him for a steal, Robinson to start at CB and move Smith to FS.

Then, draft the best available RT at 10 and there ya go.