Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Trade Idea

Ok what about this...
Detroit
---------
#1 overall 2009

to / for

San Francisco
--------------
#10 Overall and next years #1

This gives you #2 firsts this year and next and allows you to save some guaranteed money that would surely go through the roof for a QB after Ryan's contract last year. Still gives you the opportunity to draft a young gun QB like Sanchez if you wanted or go after someone like Orakapo to put on the Defensive side of the ball then you can go after a QB next year when you could end up with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow or Javan Sneed sitting in your laps which are better prospects then Stafford or Sanchez...

Plus San Fran needs the big armed, big program type guy that can come in and take the daily pressure of dealing with being the starter from Day 1 and you guys have someone already that can do that in Culpepper so drafting a QB is a grooming position not vital to your existence next season..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Ok what about this...
Detroit
---------
#1 overall 2009

to / for

San Francisco
--------------
#10 Overall and next years #1

This gives you #2 firsts this year and next and allows you to save some guaranteed money that would surely go through the roof for a QB after Ryan's contract last year. Still gives you the opportunity to draft a young gun QB like Sanchez if you wanted or go after someone like Orakapo to put on the Defensive side of the ball then you can go after a QB next year when you could end up with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow or Javan Sneed sitting in your laps which are better prospects then Stafford or Sanchez...

Plus San Fran needs the big armed, big program type guy that can come in and take the daily pressure of dealing with being the starter from Day 1 and you guys have someone already that can do that in Culpepper so drafting a QB is a grooming position not vital to your existence next season..
I think you're out there by yourself on that prediction.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pass.

After 0-16, we'd at least like to try to win a game this year than always setting off the rebuilding effort an additional year.

Next year's Qb's are atrocious, too.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford and Sanchez are both better than next years QB's..

And why would SF do the trade? Why wouldn't they just wait for next year when the amazing Tim Tebow is available?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stafford =a few bad decisions shy of being one of the best qb prospects ever. his ceiling is unlimited and his floor is pretty much how brett favre played this year.

bradford is nice but the consensus is that he's either alex smith 2.0 or something better. what that means i have no clue but he just looks like a backup.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF could then trade for David Carr and have 3 former No. 1 overall picks at QB on the roster. WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Though I'm not completely sold on the idea of Stafford at #1, I wouldnt do the trade from a value standpoint. Only a future #1 to trade back from 1 to 10? IMO, if we got an additional 2nd and 3rd from this yr then yeah, I'd think we'd almost have to truly contemplate it but I dont foresee that happening because the 49ers have too many other needs then a QB.

The other option would be for them to throw a player or 2 at us, but then who would we take? Obviously we'd take Willis, but they wouldn't give him up. Other than that who would we really want? Baas? Staley? Paris? I just dont think their roster is a trading partner for us.

So overall, to the trade I'd say no unless we get substantially better value, whcih wouldnt happen.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'd like the trade but not where you'd go with it. Trading with SF and picking up another #1 pick and then taking the other of the top 2 QB's wouldn't be that bad. And I've said it once I'll say it again TEBOW WILL NOT BE A GREAT NFL QB. Colt McCoy dunno. Bradford. Maybe.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

And why would SF do the trade? Why wouldn't they just wait for next year when the amazing Tim Tebow is available?
ZOMG TEBOW+DAVIS OPTION=WORLD EXPLODES!!! lol.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd like the idea of going after Elvis Dumervil if he becomes available in the Broncos switch to a 3-4. Not really sure how much he'd cost, but I'd be open to negotiate for him.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
I'd like the idea of going after Elvis Dumervil if he becomes available in the Broncos switch to a 3-4. Not really sure how much he'd cost, but I'd be open to negotiate for him.
I <3 Dummerville

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
sweetd20
Veteran

sweetd20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's going to be near impossible to move that #1 pick. Stranger things have happened but I just don't see it this year. Now with that #20 pick there are some teams that might look to go RB there and Detroit could get some nice compenstation.
sweetd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I <3 Dummerville
Me to Dummerville is a beast
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

Tim Tebow makes you a better person merely by being within close proximity. And his tears cure cancer.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dumervil is 5-11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I <3 Dummerville
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...s_defensi.html

Cunningham was asked whether he believed all of the Lions defenders were undersized.

"Yeah. When I look at them, they're on the shorter side," he said.

Dumervil is 5-11 fellas.

Elvis has left the building ...
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, i'm surprised he didn't say ''but they have spirit."

my favorite part of that article however is this.

Quote:
One big difference with the Lions is that Cunningham will not run the Tampa Two scheme, which was used in Detroit and Kansas City last season. Cunningham said he prefers a much more aggressive and attacking style as opposed to the Tampa Two's laid-back zone approach.

"I've gone through three years of playing zone defenses because I was loyal to (Chiefs head coach) Herm Edwards and that's what he wanted," Cunningham said. "People here in town knew I was different than that. My idea is to put a lot of pressure on the quarterback, it always has been and always will be.

"I think Jimmy knows that, and I think he's a lot like that, even though he was a lot more zone conscious this year than he's ever been. I think the two of us will sit down and decide what's the best thing for us to do. But my idea of coaching defense is explosive, it's aggressive and it's to go after people."
finally no more of this weak zone!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bradford was slated to go #1 overall this year before he decided to go back to school. BTW, Colt McCoy is going to be a good QB, he has the "it" factor.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea per se except for the fact that San Fran plays in such a crappy division that they could easily put together 7 or 8 wins, meaning Detroit gets a #10 and #14ish for #1 overall. Not worth it at all.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
Bradford was slated to go #1 overall this year before he decided to go back to school. BTW, Colt McCoy is going to be a good QB, he has the "it" factor.

By what one guy at ESPN? I'll find you someone who would go with Andre Smith or Aaron Curry first overall.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

bradford=joey harrington
colt mccoy=mike mcmahon

we've been there before.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-08-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike McMahon FTW!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Mike McMahon FTW!
Don't give me nightmares.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote