Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Boldin would be a better fit for them, TJ is a great player but Boldin is in another league. I am not sure which one i support more, as a Niner fan i am concerned on where boldin goes, only because the cardinals will get a nice haul off of any trade.
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogcity_faithful View Post
I think that Boldin would be a better fit for them, TJ is a great player but Boldin is in another league. I am not sure which one i support more, as a Niner fan i am concerned on where boldin goes, only because the cardinals will get a nice haul off of any trade.
There's no doubt about that. As an Eagles fan, this is how I'd want the Eagles to go about dressing the WR situation. Attempt to trade for Boldin, if it is impossible(or waaaaay to costly) go after Housh. Housh is a good fit, though I agree Boldin would be much better. He is as close the the perfect #1 WR for our WCO system.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
They might, but as someone said before they are a relativley small market team with a cheap owner. I'm probably looking at this a littel biased since I would love if he were an Eagle, but at least I realize it, haha. But I really think he will make it to Free Agency.
Thats very true but I think they'd be willing to pay that for one season. It would really help the team and the development of our two young recievers who aren't quite ready yet(well Simpson at least).

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Thats very true but I think they'd be willing to pay that for one season. It would really help the team and the development of our two young recievers who aren't quite ready yet(well Simpson at least).
'Tis true, 'tis very true. I could see them franchising him, but I can also see them letting him go. We'll just have to wait and see to find out...

Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
'Tis true, 'tis very true. I could see them franchising him, but I can also see them letting him go. We'll just have to wait and see to find out...
I think when they drafted three WR's last year they were preparing to let him go.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think when they drafted three WR's last year they were preparing to let him go.
I think they were preparing for the possibility that Chad Johnson could be gone as well. At that time, wasn't Chad asking for trades and all types of things? This is why I could the the Bengals doing either with Housh.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think they were preparing for the possibility that Chad Johnson could be gone as well. At that time, wasn't Chad asking for trades and all types of things? This is why I could the the Bengals doing either with Housh.
And Chris Henry was not on the team at the time. We were setting up a possibility of losing Chad, Housh and Henry.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
And Chris Henry was not on the team at the time. We were setting up a possibility of losing Chad, Housh and Henry.
I was just mentioning that maybe it wasn't all because of Chad, but I didn't even think of that...

Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just mentioning that maybe it wasn't all because of Chad, but I didn't even think of that...
I was about to say they wouldn't draft three if they were only planning on losing one.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Do you guys know if Caldwell is groomed enough to contribute next year? I keep hearing that Caldwell is Houshmanzadeh's replacement and Jerome Simpson is Chad's replacement, just wasn't sure if Caldwell showed enough in year 1 to prove he can add something as early as 09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Do you guys know if Caldwell is groomed enough to contribute next year? I keep hearing that Caldwell is Houshmanzadeh's replacement and Jerome Simpson is Chad's replacement, just wasn't sure if Caldwell showed enough in year 1 to prove he can add something as early as 09.
Lewis keeps saying that we will see big things from Simpson this year. Meanwhile, he said that Caldwell was "NFL ready" last year. So I assume both should be good to contribute this year.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I was about to say they wouldn't draft three if they were only planning on losing one.
I'm sure they weren't planning on losing all three though, haha. They were probably playing it safe because there's no guarantee that all three of the prospects would pan out...

Old 02-07-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Lewis keeps saying that we will see big things from Simpson this year. Meanwhile, he said that Caldwell was "NFL ready" last year. So I assume both should be good to contribute this year.
Thats good for them, now jsut let Housh go so we have a clean shot at him...

Old 02-08-2009, 05:11 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I do think Caldwell is pretty much ready to go in the NFL. IDK if he's gonna be a great player but I definitely think he can contribute in a big way. A lot of people tend to think that the Simpson pick was a terrible idea but he did really come out looking good in the preseason(I know) and he could probably be good for a few big plays next season. I'm higher on him than most Bengals fans but I do really think we could have made a great pick by selecting him. Maybe not this year, but I do think the guy could have a great NFL career. I think he will ultimately end up being better than Andre when all is said and done.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked what I saw of Caldwell towards the end of last season. Jerome Simpson though, looked raw and not quite ready.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think this is blown out of proportion.

Quote:
On whether or not he is interested in "the offer" that Tom Waddle made to him about possibly coming to the city of Chicago and playing for the Bears:

"Yeah, they have to be interested first. If you worked in the front office, or you were a tight end, we could really talk, but I don't know how much that's going to do for me to say I'm interested or I'm not interested."
This is from an interviwe with Tom Waddle. He seems to stay conservative atm and kinda stays with: "Im not sure who is interested in me, but when u are interested in me Id be interested in you"

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically offer him money.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he wants to win

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I really liked what I saw of Caldwell towards the end of last season. Jerome Simpson though, looked raw and not quite ready.
Yea, Jerome's got a ways to go yet but his physical tools are pretty darn impressive.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

On Sirius yesterday Housh said he would like to join the Eagles or the Giants and that he hopes one is interested, one of the main things he said is that he wants to win above anything else
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote