Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-08-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Is there any talk of Jordan Futch or Taylor Cook being moved to TE. I remember a while back there was talk that both these two could be TE's in the end. Both play positions that we lack depth in so I am sure not.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Is there any talk of Jordan Futch or Taylor Cook being moved to TE. I remember a while back there was talk that both these two could be TE's in the end. Both play positions that we lack depth in so I am sure not.
No way Cook moves as he is our second string QB right now. Futch I could see and Steven Wesley has already moved from DE to TE.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Cook has looked real good during practices at QB. Staff is pretty high on him. No reason to move him anywhere. He is the main backup. He will see some PT during the year in mop up to get some game action.

Steve Wesley has already moved to TE from my understanding.

I'd rather see Futch stay at LB. We are thin there as well and thats where he best projects. Gonna take him awhile tho. He's struggling to gain weight. But move him from LB and we'd only have Spence, Cookie, Arthur, and Cracker. (not counting Sharpton, he's a liability, not an asset). That is not a good situation to be in considering Arthur struggled with technique all last year and Cookie still hasnt bulked up enough last I heard. The more options we have there the better off we will be.

Epps should be back around the begining of the season. I think a rotation of Gordon, Wesley and Sanders can hold the fort until Epps gets back. We should be fine for now. Next season is the real problem. We need 3 stud TEs in the next class and 2 that can play right away.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Looks like Lovett is the guy at DC.

Not the sexy hire that I thought would instantly put us over the top.

But not bad either. Best I can say about it is solid. I guess given the little amount of money we had to offer, I can't complain.

He has been around, run some good defenses at big time schools before and his works at UNC certainly wasn't bad. Well see. Don't need to reinvent the wheel to win with our guys on defense. Just be smart about what you are doing.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Hey I have been hearing that we might sign Daniel Campbell and Tevin McCaskill n here after signing day. Has anyone been hearing anything on either of these two prospects. Daniel Campbell would be really nice addition to the class. McCaskill could fill Webster's vacancy in the class.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Hey I have been hearing that we might sign Daniel Campbell and Tevin McCaskill n here after signing day. Has anyone been hearing anything on either of these two prospects. Daniel Campbell would be really nice addition to the class. McCaskill could fill Webster's vacancy in the class.
Campbell doesn't have the grades to get in anywhere.

McCaskill was never getting an offer. Coaches don't want him. Be shocked if they changed their mind just because the 4th CB in our class left at the last minute.

Only guy left out there is Bryce.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Looks like Lovett is the guy at DC.

Not the sexy hire that I thought would instantly put us over the top.

But not bad either. Best I can say about it is solid. I guess given the little amount of money we had to offer, I can't complain.

He has been around, run some good defenses at big time schools before and his works at UNC certainly wasn't bad. Well see. Don't need to reinvent the wheel to win with our guys on defense. Just be smart about what you are doing.
The thing I like about Lovett are his two strengths are DBs and Special Teams. Let him be a puppet and run Randy's D but really concentrate and coach up those two positions. What's the word on him as a recruiter?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The thing I like about Lovett are his two strengths are DBs and Special Teams. Let him be a puppet and run Randy's D but really concentrate and coach up those two positions. What's the word on him as a recruiter?
Dont buy that whole puppet angle those morons on Canesports are selling.

You dont hire a DC to be a puppet.

If Randy wanted to run the defense he would have just ran it himself and let Barrow overlook the rest of the little things that Randy wouldnt need to be micromanaging. He wouldnt have gone out and interviewed people to bring in as a DC to be a puppet.

Dont go down to the level of those morons Hollywood. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Havent heard about Lovett being a recruiter. But Randy typically doesnt care about that, he wants good Coordinators. Hurtt is our recruiter. As long as he and Barrow are here, you dont need to worry about recruiting.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

BTW...Lovetts strength being at ST means nothing. He is our DC, will have zero impact on ST. We already have a ST coach, who I think has actualy been slowly turning into a great hire considering our lack of depth usually shows the most on ST.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Dont buy that whole puppet angle those morons on Canesports are selling.

You dont hire a DC to be a puppet.

If Randy wanted to run the defense he would have just ran it himself and let Barrow overlook the rest of the little things that Randy wouldnt need to be micromanaging. He wouldnt have gone out and interviewed people to bring in as a DC to be a puppet.

Dont go down to the level of those morons Hollywood. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Havent heard about Lovett being a recruiter. But Randy typically doesnt care about that, he wants good Coordinators. Hurtt is our recruiter. As long as he and Barrow are here, you dont need to worry about recruiting.
You're so right about Rivals. It really is one of the worse MB I've ever come across, maybe 2 out of 100 will have good info.

Puppet was a poor choice of words on my part, but I do think Lovett having so much experience working with different head coaches and defensive coordinators that he is the right kind of guy to implement the type of defense that Shannon wants to run. Based on him working with CTT and Butch I am guessing he knows how to work with a head coach that has their own strong ideas about what the defense should look like, and that cannot be overlooked.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
You're so right about Rivals. It really is one of the worse MB I've ever come across, maybe 2 out of 100 will have good info.

Puppet was a poor choice of words on my part, but I do think Lovett having so much experience working with different head coaches and defensive coordinators that he is the right kind of guy to implement the type of defense that Shannon wants to run. Based on him working with CTT and Butch I am guessing he knows how to work with a head coach that has their own strong ideas about what the defense should look like, and that cannot be overlooked.
Well seeing as Butch, TT and Randy all run similar defenses theres why Randy hired the guy.

But Randy isnt running the defense, he doesnt want to. He just hired a guy that runs the type of defense he wants to run and he'll let the guy go to work.

Randy isnt a guy that get in the way of his coordinators or tells them how to do their job. He does his job and allows them to do theirs, all the other crap about him meddling is idiot posters on Canesport spreading rumors.

I mean have you seen that corvette guy. People actually buy that hes an insider. Morons, that guy doesnt know ish.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Real disapointed based on his stats. Im not going to judge him until I see him in action but dam. I liked the Ken Norton rumor, especially how good of a recruiter he is in the state of Cali., and how many 1st round LB's he developed. I guess this is all the money we had. I know Randy didnt want to do the job, but Id feel a lot more confident if he did.

Here are his defenses' stats.

Rush Pass Eff Total Scoring TO
Auburn
1999 15 45 55 33 22
2000 15 46 14 28 58
2001 42 47 39 48 57

Clemson
2002 60 62 48 62 52
2003 35 36 29 20 43
2004 41 11 26 29 100
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Bryce Brown set his announcement date for March 12. Seen it on rivals site.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for OU/Miami. My Miami friend keeps saying "win a BCS bowl game" and I keep telling him "win your conference". :)

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I can't wait for OU/Miami. My Miami friend keeps saying "win a BCS bowl game" and I keep telling him "win your conference". :)
If it's anything like the last game we played vs OU, I'll have to say I'm not looking forward to it.

However, I think we'll be much more competitive than we were when we traveled to Norman.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be interesting to see where both of these programs are at. If it becomes high scoring, I put my money on OU, but If it's low scoring and ugly I'd like the U.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's a lot of talk that Marve is willing to drop out of UM and enroll in UF and pay his own way to play as a walk-on - not really sure why he'd want to come here anyway...
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
there's a lot of talk that Marve is willing to drop out of UM and enroll in UF and pay his own way to play as a walk-on - not really sure why he'd want to come here anyway...

He isn't very smart

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
He should, he already likes a typical Gator.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He should, he already likes a typical Gator.
What?

And Fenikz, yeah, I realized that when he committed to Miami ;)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

No one here gives a crap about Marve anymore.

Take that to the transfer thread. He isn't a Miami player. Never was.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
What?

And Fenikz, yeah, I realized that when he committed to Miami ;)
My bad, missed a whole word there. Meant to say that Robert Marve already looks like your typical Gator, let him go. We do not care.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has this ever been played at Miami home games?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post

I truly hope this wasnt a serious question...

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post

Thats been like an unofficial theme song for as long as I can remember.