Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 02-08-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers Discussion Thread

Discuss anything no specifics....

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ag27
Rookie

ag27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any chance you think we try and get Ray Lewis in free agency. I know high end free agents are not our thing, but it would realy help the defense out. Also, it would make it easier to grab a lineman or running back in the first if Maualuga is still on the board.
ag27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a great sign but Id rather have them Draft a LB. His career is winding down and he would only be a short term solution now. The draft is deep in LB and the Bolts are in a great position to get Maul who is a top 15 talent and could be one of the Bolts defensive anchors for the next 10 years.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ag27
Rookie

I'm not sure whether Maualuga would be that great of a pick in the first. From what I have seen Maualuga, Siler, and Waters all have farely similar skill sets (energetic run stuufers who struggle in pass coverage). Would having a slight upgrade at ILB in the future be more important than a guy that could come in and have a more immediate impact.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag27 View Post
I'm not sure whether Maualuga would be that great of a pick in the first. From what I have seen Maualuga, Siler, and Waters all have farely similar skill sets (energetic run stuufers who struggle in pass coverage). Would having a slight upgrade at ILB in the future be more important than a guy that could come in and have a more immediate impact.
Good points. In my opinion, ILB isn't even the biggest need on defense, because we're talking about a two down player, and A.J. has some solid young prospects at ILB. Safety & DE are bigger needs
Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default DE

Besides Tyson Jackson who should be available at #16, what other players are out there who could fill the Igor spot? Free Agency or the draft.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
ag27
Rookie

No one else would be worth it at 16, but we could try and trade up into the late second for a Fili Moala (USC) or sit where we are at in the third and hope Jarron Gilbert (San Jose State) is there. Both of those guys would be good fits as a 3-4 DE, but Jackson is the cream of the crop.

I'm personally hoping that Mark Sanchez falls because there would be a lot of competition between the Jets, Bucs, Vikings, and maybe even the bears would try and trade up to get him.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag27 View Post
No one else would be worth it at 16, but we could try and trade up into the late second for a Fili Moala (USC) or sit where we are at in the third and hope Jarron Gilbert (San Jose State) is there. Both of those guys would be good fits as a 3-4 DE, but Jackson is the cream of the crop.

I'm personally hoping that Mark Sanchez falls because there would be a lot of competition between the Jets, Bucs, Vikings, and maybe even the bears would try and trade up to get him.
I agree on the Sanchez point we would have a hot spot with a couple teams wanting Sanchez. I do feel that there will be some other prospects other than Jackson worth the #16 spot. I think Maul, Wells, and Moreno will be there and would deff not be a reach.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merriman/Cooper/ReyRey/Phillips

Ive been thinking about that a lot and the more i do the more i like.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Merriman/Cooper/ReyRey/Phillips

Ive been thinking about that a lot and the more i do the more i like.
Arguably the best LB core in the NFL

Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
ag27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
I agree on the Sanchez point we would have a hot spot with a couple teams wanting Sanchez. I do feel that there will be some other prospects other than Jackson worth the #16 spot. I think Maul, Wells, and Moreno will be there and would deff not be a reach.
I meant at Defensive End, but ya those 3 would be the other options unless Oher or Andre Smith drops to us which seems very doubtful.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anthony waters has been released, im kinda suprised.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
anthony waters has been released, im kinda suprised.
Ya im really suprised there...

Old 03-06-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now that we have swung and missed on Drayton Florence, Jermaine Phillips, and Kevin freaking Burnett and the impact FAs have been signed, is it time to seriously re-consider AJ's approach to free agency? Our defense is abysmal, awful, and embarrassing and yet we have done nothing despite AJ musing to the press months ago that this team needed veterans and leadership.

Trading our 2nd this year (to New England) for a non-athlete fullback with terrible blocking skills in Jacob Hester is pretty humiliating as well. We better get a freaking hall of famer at #16. But even then it's tough to be happy considering the serious holes in our roster, not sure I can handle another year of Jeromey Clary or Clinton Hart.

I still hold out hope for Mike Brown, and subsequently a healthy Mike Brown.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Wow you guys got Burnett...

Very solid signing, I wonder if you guys are planning on using him as a starter?

I was hoping we could retain him, which we would have if we weren't about to give Ware a bigger contract than Haynesworth.

Great player, very underrated. I actually think he's going to break out with the Chargers. Great speed, good coverage skills, solid against the run, intense... Only thing not to like about the guy is his durability.

I wonder if this takes you guys out of the running for Maualuga? I guess it depends on if you view Burnett as a starter, or just a nickel backer.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Wow you guys got Burnett...

Very solid signing, I wonder if you guys are planning on using him as a starter?

I was hoping we could retain him, which we would have if we weren't about to give Ware a bigger contract than Haynesworth.

Great player, very underrated. I actually think he's going to break out with the Chargers. Great speed, good coverage skills, solid against the run, intense... Only thing not to like about the guy is his durability.

I wonder if this takes you guys out of the running for Maualuga? I guess it depends on if you view Burnett as a starter, or just a nickel backer.
Same thing I was wondering about the draft. I'm guessing the idea is to platoon Burnett and Dobbins.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Beef Jihad

I think the Burnett signing means Oline (Oher or Andre Smith if he falls) or Dline (Tyson Jackson or even my darkhorse pick Jarron Gilbert) with #16.

The other possibility is Malcolm Jenkins if they think he can be a Pro Bowl Safety alongside Weddle.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
I think the Burnett signing means Oline (Oher or Andre Smith if he falls) or Dline (Tyson Jackson or even my darkhorse pick Jarron Gilbert) with #16.

The other possibility is Malcolm Jenkins if they think he can be a Pro Bowl Safety alongside Weddle.
Tyson Jackson at 16 is growing on me, I think a front 3 of Jackson Williams Castillo will be beastly, and its effects will get compounded by Merriman's return.

Never really thought about drafting Jenkins specifically as a safety. I doubt it will happen, at this point I want a big ugly, on either O or D. You never know with AJ, he is proving to have quite a secondary player fetish.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Gilbert: will AJ roll the dice?

Upon further review, Jenkins won't get past NO at #14, they need both of his potential positions.

The real question is will AJ roll the dice on Jarron Gilbert?! Guy is a beast and if Tyson is gone...we need him. He may be a bit of a reach at #16....but if Sanchez is available at #16 (or someone has fallen in love with the kid from KState) we might be able to trade down. Gilbert is the best fit of need and ceiling needed in a first rounder.

AJ rolled the dice a couple of years ago with Cro, who only played sparingly in college. The jury is still out on that pick in his mind (not mine, I still think Cro will be a perenial Pro Bowler after a humbling 2008-9)....but Gilbert is the same kind of boom or bust prospect.

If Tyson is there, he is the pick....Jackson sounds like the kind of safe pick (ala Cason) last year we need to build our championship D.

If Jackson is gone, I hope he rolls the dice on pool jumper!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I saw a Mock Draft on NFL.Com couple days ago and the guy had the bolts gettin Maclin. I smiled and got excited for a minute than realized its not possible... that would be awesome though.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sproles signs rich 1-year deal with Chargers
Old 04-29-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Nice to see him sign it, I was hoping he wouldve did a long term contract instead but we still have him on the team at least.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nice to see him sign it, I was hoping he wouldve did a long term contract instead but we still have him on the team at least.
They apparently are still negotiating for a long term contract.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going out to San Diego for the first time to visit my bro whos been living out there for a couple of years now. I dont know exactly where he lives but I was hoping to get some help from you guys. Is there anything I absolutely have to do while I'm there? And what other things might interest me while I'm there(I'm 21).

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I'm going out to San Diego for the first time to visit my bro whos been living out there for a couple of years now. I dont know exactly where he lives but I was hoping to get some help from you guys. Is there anything I absolutely have to do while I'm there? And what other things might interest me while I'm there(I'm 21).
Watersports. Go to Mission Bay and rent a waverunner. Skip over to the beach and go surfing/bodysurfing. If you like to party, go eat and drink in Pacific Beach. If you're into the artsy type of scene, check the City Heights area. Wanna paint the town, spend some time in the Gaslamp district & some of the more upscale places like the Hard Rock or Ivy hotels.