Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
http://www.empireonline.com/features...#50independent

Empire did a list of the top 50 Independent films. It is a good top 10 but anything in the top 20 can argued in regards to order I think.
El Mariachi should be higher.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Trainspotting last night. I enjoyed it.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Empire did a list of the top 50 Independent films. It is a good top 10 but anything in the top 20 can argued in regards to order I think.
I'd have City of God instead of Sideways in my top 10.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Watched Trainspotting last night. I enjoyed it.
One of my all time faves. Prolly in my top 15 all time. Just a great overall movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally caught Into the Wild last night...loved it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I finally caught Into the Wild last night...loved it.
I was a big fan of that book and that movie really let me down.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was a big fan of that book and that movie really let me down.
wow- i loved the movie, i thought it should have been nominated for best picture last year over **** like juno

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
wow- i loved the movie, i thought it should have been nominated for best picture last year over **** like juno
What I didnt like about the movie is that there wasn't some girl he met that had a thing for him, that was added because I guess the writer(s) thought he needed a love interest and his family life wasn't that screwed up. Funny thing about his being stuck is that there was a river crossing bridge like a quarter-mile down the river from where he failed at crossing. They didn't stress at all in the movie that he really didn't know a whole lot about surviving on his own. Oh well, rant ends here haha.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Taken really surprised me, it wasn't a bad movie at all.
Yea, it was a pretty good movie, surprised me a bit.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More good news about "The Rum Diary"...Richard Jenkins signed on to star, and Aaron Eckhart is in talks at the moment...

Johnny Depp, Amber Heard, Richard Jenkins, Aaron Eckhart...

Very interesting cast if I do say so myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am i the only one that does not find Donnie Darko a masterpiece...i mean come on #2 on the all time indie list! thats absurd- it was ravaged by critics, and i think has become a cult classic which is different

sig by jkpigskin

Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
More good news about "The Rum Diary"...Richard Jenkins signed on to star, and Aaron Eckhart is in talks at the moment...

Johnny Depp, Amber Heard, Richard Jenkins, Aaron Eckhart...

Very interesting cast if I do say so myself.
wow can any one say a best pic nomination guarantee...

sig by jkpigskin

Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind makes me angry.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought Burn After Reading and Enduring Love for real cheap...now, I'm gearing up to get a bunch of movies off amazon in a few.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://blogs.indiewire.com/mattdentl..._band_trailer/

Observe and Report looks awesome.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just bought Burn After Reading and Enduring Love for real cheap...now, I'm gearing up to get a bunch of movies off amazon in a few.

Burn After Reading was solid, but it disappointed me.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Burn After Reading was solid, but it disappointed me.
i thought it was great until the ending...

sig by jkpigskin

Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What I didnt like about the movie is that there wasn't some girl he met that had a thing for him, that was added because I guess the writer(s) thought he needed a love interest and his family life wasn't that screwed up. Funny thing about his being stuck is that there was a river crossing bridge like a quarter-mile down the river from where he failed at crossing. They didn't stress at all in the movie that he really didn't know a whole lot about surviving on his own. Oh well, rant ends here haha.
That's what I hate about the movie. The fact that people that think this guy was a genious. He was just a huge tool. He had no ******* idea how to survive yet expected to survive in ******* Alaska. He deserved to die for being so stupid. Also I didnt like how they left out stuff about Ron in the movie that was my favourite chapter in the book.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read about the new comedy with Paul Rudd and Jason Segal coming out in March. I can't wait. Paul Rudd is the man as everyone knows already.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
That's what I hate about the movie. The fact that people that think this guy was a genious. He was just a huge tool. He had no ******* idea how to survive yet expected to survive in ******* Alaska. He deserved to die for being so stupid. Also I didnt like how they left out stuff about Ron in the movie that was my favourite chapter in the book.
Ron wasn't in the movie? I never saw the movie, but read the awful book that it was based on. I learned my lesson to not see movies from which I hated the book after reading and then regretfully watching Running with Scissors.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Ron wasn't in the movie? I never saw the movie, but read the awful book that it was based on. I learned my lesson to not see movies from which I hated the book after reading and then regretfully watching Running with Scissors.
Ron was in the movie and that actor who played Ron was great, but it did not tell the conclusion of the Ron story which is the most emotional part.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I bought Running with scissors just to get a 4th movie for one of the 4 for 20 at blockbuster. I still haven't finished it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What the ****? Donnie Darko at 2 above 800 better movies?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bought Running with scissors just to get a 4th movie for one of the 4 for 20 at blockbuster. I still haven't finished it.
Watching Running With Scissors is more painful than looking into the Arc of the Covenant. Believe me, I know.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What the ****? Donnie Darko at 2 above 800 better movies?
They have more of a hard on for Jake Gyllenhal than Heath Ledger.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote: