Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
who has all been let go of?
Keith Lewis & Tully Banta-Cain.

Jonas Jennings is expected to be next.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Keith Lewis & Tully Banta-Cain.

Jonas Jennings is expected to be next.
From all of the interviews I have heard it is very likely that Alex will be retained next year so lets hope that's the case.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They must think that Alex is the guy if they are going to bring in someone else to be the #3 or they don't think he is going re-structure... the plot thickens!
Bee-rows says Bruce would have been an extra mini camp body, since there is only one QB on the roster for sure

Also I hate they let go of Keith, one of my favorite 49ers.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Bee-rows says Bruce would have been an extra mini camp body, since there is only one QB on the roster for sure

i'm curious to know why they would go after grad and not wait one another young qb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Not really a big contributor and Michael Lewis is the starter at SS. They are probably going to target a SS in the draft or a young guy in free agency to be the SS replacement... Jim Leonhard?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really a big contributor and Michael Lewis is the starter at SS. They are probably going to target a SS in the draft or a young guy in free agency to be the SS replacement... Jim Leonhard?
That would be a great replacement.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
That would be a great replacement.
Well, I would expect if they went for him it would be to start, not sit on the bench behind Michael Lewis.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to know how much they saved just by releasing Cain because if the release of Keith Lewis was minimal, I really dont see the point of releasing him to begin with.

I'm happy we didnt get Gradkowski. We have Hill and Smith (who I dont see going anywhere) and hopefully sign Garcia as the backup and veteran leadership.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My only question is, When is Mark Roman going to get cut? That dude is so garbage. It's too bad that Jennings couldn't stay healthy, he was pretty solid when he was on the field but it is time for him to go.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand the circumstances on why he was cut but still blows. Also I hope so but looks like the Jets are going to make a run at him and I have a hard time seeing him turning down playing with Rex Ryan again for the 49ers.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I would like to know how much they saved just by releasing Cain because if the release of Keith Lewis was minimal, I really dont see the point of releasing him to begin with.

I'm happy we didnt get Gradkowski. We have Hill and Smith (who I dont see going anywhere) and hopefully sign Garcia as the backup and veteran leadership.
It will free up to two million and I am sure you will be really excited to see that when Jonas Jennings gets cut in the next few days it will save......wait for it.......$3.1 million.

Also not sure if I want Garcia back. As much as I want to bust the old Garcia jersey out of the closet (pun sorta intended but not really) I would rather go with Shaun Hill then pay for an aging Garcia. Plus I can imagine Garcia complaining about not starting.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Jeff is not coming back I promise you. I could see him in Minnesota and that's about it.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From an outside opinion, Alex Smith sucks... JP Losman 2.0.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I would love it if we got Loadhalt in the 2nd.
Does it worry you that Loadholt was pretty much dominated by Orakpo with his speed rush in the Oklahoma Texas game. I know he will play RT for us, but he will still have to deal with the speed rush
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

the following need to be let go of
mark roman
aubrayo franklin
ron fields
ahmed brooks
shawntee spencer ( unless he is fully recovered )
jonas jennings
barry sims
tony wragge
jto
jaimer martin
deshaun foster
and last but not least alex smith

sign
jeff garcia - 1 yr deal to push hill
derrick ward - better than foster
hank baskett - morgan will get a chance to start plus bruce will be 37 and who knows if johnston will be back.
jason brown - replaces wragge
dawan landry or jim leonard - baltimore can't bring everyone back.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
mark roman
aubrayo franklin This is our starting NT
ron fields And this is our back up NT
ahmed brooks
jonas jennings
barry sims
tony wragge
jto
jaimer martin
deshaun foster

sign
hank baskett - morgan will get a chance to start plus bruce will be 37 and who knows if johnston will be back.
dawan landry he would take draft picks as he is an RFA
or jim leonard - baltimore can't bring everyone back.
So, you want to get rid of the only nose tackles we have and two of the three RTs on the roster? Not to mention Wragge, who is great for our O-line depth.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

And to put some perspective on the Lewis cut: Lewis couldn't beat out Mark Roman for the starting spot the last two years even though Roman didn't have a single interception in that time.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis was a great special teamer, but couldn't make the field as a SS. You may remember that when M. Lewis was injured in a couple of the last games, and missed plays here and there, Goldson was in as the SS with Roman (scary), not Lewis. He's had plenty of opportunities to earn playing time and couldn't make it happen. I'm thinking that the Niners will have 2 new safeties on the roster next season.

Ulbrich is a great special teams player as well, but he may be released soon too. Someone else will have to step up and play better on special teams.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would love dawan, not going to happen. We would rather use that pick to take a safety. I agree with the point that you want us to cut the top two NT on the roster. I am against cutting smith if we are going to replace him with Garcia. Garcia can start and is a good option, but so is Hill. Garcia has no room to grow, where as smith may very well be the player Nolan wanted him to be. At least we would have a qb under 30 in smith
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Garcia would never sign with a team where he could be the #3 QB. Minny makes the most sense for him
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or perhaps New York with Favre gone.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO tired of this Brett ******* Favre LOVEFEST! Arghhh! I'm about to rip out my eyes and punch my ears until they ring just to get away from all this ongoing madness!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im refusing to watch ESPN for the next 3 days because of Favre. i cant take this again.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
mark roman
aubrayo franklin
ron fields
ahmed brooks
jonas jennings
barry sims
tony wragge
jto
jaimer martin
deshaun foster

sign
dawan landry or jim leonard - baltimore can't bring everyone back.
That's why your not in charge.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
That's why your not in charge.
agreed, couldnt put it better myself
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
It will free up to two million and I am sure you will be really excited to see that when Jonas Jennings gets cut in the next few days it will save......wait for it.......$3.1 million.

Also not sure if I want Garcia back. As much as I want to bust the old Garcia jersey out of the closet (pun sorta intended but not really) I would rather go with Shaun Hill then pay for an aging Garcia. Plus I can imagine Garcia complaining about not starting.
I cant wait until Jennings gets released. Hell, im counting down the hours. LOL. Seriously, I never liked or wanted him and the contract we gave him was nuts. I just read that he gets paid more than our entire starting OL combined. That's even more nuts considering the fact that he sucks. Jennings was only good in 2006 but he was playing next to future HOFer Larry Allen so I tend to give Allen most if not all the credit as to why Jennings played good that year. Other than 2006, he's been an injury prone turd and its a shame that I dont have any fireworks because if I did, they would be going off once it becomes official that he gets released.

I just hope that Singletary isnt thinking of keeping him because I will be so pissed off. And after Jennings, I hope Mark Roman follows him and after him, Jeff Ulbrich because I like Green and want him to stay on the team.

And I agree about Garcia. I would only sign him as a veteran backup, nothing more. He had a good run as a starter but I think his time is past.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote